Let's see those modded PRS's

Sunburst71

Hi Everyone,

I recently joined the forum, thanks for having me!

I'd love to see what mods people are doing to their guitars and how they feel about the changes. Here's mine:

My #1 is a 2010 DC-3. I love the neck, playability and resonance, but didn't bond with the original pickups. I replaced the pickguard with one that can accommodate standard size single coils, and put in a Zexcoil Juicy Bucker in the bridge and Manlius single coils in the middle and neck. To me, the guitar sounds like a killer Strat now and I'm very happy that I went through with the change.

What did you do?

Sounds great good job. Great playing.

May I suggest a guard that is not so white, Maybe parchment or pearloid? It may go with the finish better...very cheap to do

My P22 has been modded fairly extensively. Pickups were originally 53/10s, but I freakin hated them, so I snagged a couple of McCarty pickups and, with the help of Jack Gretz, we changed a lot of stuff out. Basically turned it into a McP22. 3-way blade switch, push/pull tone control for coil-cutting.
Before:

After:

I personally think it looks better with the McCartys.

Last edited:
This qualify as modded?

KfZpBVa.png

ZOk1NBU.png

Sounds great good job. Great playing.

May I suggest a guard that is not so white, Maybe parchment or pearloid? It may go with the finish better...very cheap to do

Hey Brian, thanks for the kind words. It doesn't come out so well in the video, but I went with a white pickguard and parchment pickup covers. A parchment pickguard would also look great.

My P22 has been modded fairly extensively. Pickups (magnetic) were originally 53/10s, but I freakin hated them, so I snagged a couple of McCarty pickups and, with the help of Jack Gretz, we changed a lot of stuff out. Basically turned it into a McP22. 3-way blade switch, push/pull tone control for coil-cutting.
Before:

After:

I personally think it looks better with the McCartys.

The covered pickups give it a great classy look.

I had the same experience with the DC-3. I love the 513 pups in my 513, but they didn't do it for me in the Alder bolt-on format. Maybe it's time to scoop up another and really mess it up...I mean...mod it.

I have 2 projects to present.

My Mod #1
My recent mod project is SE SVN refinished in metallic white loaded with Bare Knuckle Cold Sweat pups. The factory blade switch has been swapped out for a 5 way Super Switch without Tone connected. The stock cheap Alpha Volume pot has been replaced with CTS 500k. The tuners are custom-ordered Gotoh SG381 with black buttons. The creme pickup rings were wrapped with carbon fiber sticker with non-professional hands, hahaha.
This is 2nd mod for this guitar, and more changes to come in the future.

h6AaMm7.jpg

5sEJj7y.jpg

tMx8TvL.jpg

eB6BP4e.jpg

xWOIkR7.jpg

AeZ6yTA.jpg

CAW5xHd.jpg

My Mod #2
My previously done mod project is my Modern Eagle Quatro. It has been 'trimmed' the chunky Pattern rosewood neck shape down by almost 3 millimeters for extreme comfortability, also the bulky neck heel has been cleared out for better access.
The dark, low output 53/10 really didn't fit my preference so I sold them and bought a set of Bare Knuckle Aftermath - it's the best pickups I've ever used in my life so far.
Currently the stock bridge has been replaced with Paul's Guitar bridge for a bit of highs increment, but sorry for not having a full body shot.

WylJ5fl.jpg

kPzVmA7.jpg

PeZI7pJ.jpg

lJIvxnW.jpg

Hope you enjoy!

Last edited:
Back