Let's see those modded PRS's

i couldn’t decide on pickup rings so it’s in hot rod mode for now. the 5-way is stock wiring with the bridge moved into the middle, and the idea is to add a mini knob between volume and tone knobs to blend the rear 5-way with the (currently wired to the middle position with gator clips) twanger single coil. anyway, it looks like this:

double-double.JPG

‘double rotary? are you kidding me?’ no i ain’t.
Dig!

Reactions: jxe
Wow.. there are some great mods in this thread.

The last time I did any serious change to my guitar was over 15 years ago, to my Hollowbody II... I got Jack Gretz to drill a hole in the top and add a mini switch for a coil split on the bridge pickup. The neck pickup is the stock (McCarty Archtop? .. I forget now). It's been too long and my brain is getting old.

DSCN6437a.JPG

He did a great job. It's made this a very versatile guitar with the piezo and the coil split.

i couldn’t decide on pickup rings so it’s in hot rod mode for now. the 5-way is stock wiring with the bridge moved into the middle, and the idea is to add a mini knob between volume and tone knobs to blend the rear 5-way with the (currently wired to the middle position with gator clips) twanger single coil. anyway, it looks like this:

double-double.JPG

‘double rotary? are you kidding me?’ no i ain’t.

Great job!! I would put chrome colored pup rings, match the bridge and tuner hardware. Nice contrast to gold top.

Reactions: jxe
Great job!! I would put chrome colored pup rings, match the bridge and tuner hardware. Nice contrast to gold top.

couldn’t have done it without you — wouldn’t’ve had the nerve. but i do love it, and have always missed having a single coil in the neck.

i agree on the chrome covers, i’m looking for some heavy plated ones so they can pit out with time. i was thinking a clear acrylic ring for the twanger because the temporary one i cut out of a headlight blister pack is looking so good.

honestly cutting up this guitar after playing it for 19 years makes me want to buy and ruin more.

Back