Let's see those maple neck and fretboard beauties

I've got one of Glide's sisters.

BAcDrvX.jpg

6fY2jfh.jpg

What a lovely sister she is, too!!!

So.. not to hijack the thread, but this is kind of related. How long before we see a run of PRS guitars with roasted maple necks? I think roasted maple would look really sick on a PRS. I don't buy into the stability argument with roasted. I just think it looks really cool and it doesn't show finger oil staining nearly as much as plain maple when used for the fretboard too.

So.. not to hijack the thread, but this is kind of related. How long before we see a run of PRS guitars with roasted maple necks? I think roasted maple would look really sick on a PRS. I don't buy into the stability argument with roasted. I just think it looks really cool and it doesn't show finger oil staining nearly as much as plain maple when used for the fretboard too.

I like this idea. What I like about roasted maple necks is that they can be unfinished and those necks without a finish feel great.

I have a roasted neck + fretboard on a JP15 and even in Feb with really low humidity there's not even a hint of 'fret sprout'
I doubt they are any more durable but there can't be much moisture on these things when they leave the factory. Yesterday I had to take a tiny hint of fret tang off my maple hiland

I'd love this, and would undoubtedly spring for one. I am a sucker for a roasted maple neck. I seem to recall seeing at least one in the PSF thread in recent months.

Back