It's Winter ..time to pull out those quilts ...

Pfft, it's not even a PRS! That is all you need to resist!! Am I right? AM I RIGHT?
Unfortunately...not lately...lol.
Blasphemy perhaps here but a stunning guitar is a stunning guitar.
My collection now includes examples by Baker, Brian Moore, Keisel, Carvin as well as my PRS brood.

It's only money.

Unfortunately...not lately...lol.
Blasphemy perhaps here but a stunning guitar is a stunning guitar.
My collection now includes examples by Baker, Brian Moore, Keisel, Carvin as well as my PRS brood.

It's only money.
It's like I don't even know you! Oh wait, I don't!! All in good fun Mr. Headroom!!! Now get off of PRS's lawn with that crazy talk ;~)) Hope you and the Mrs. have a great holiday, let me know if you want a fresh round of AI pix to look at ;~))

Some great quilt tops in this thread...allow me to add in my two One-Piece Tops:

Up first, PS 6794 (Before & After shots):
3h4d1nw.jpg

zft5VpP.jpg

And then PS 11158 (it's "in the oven" and expected for completion around the June / July timeframe):
dK25nDu.jpg
Sweet baby Jesus in a manger!

I only have 2. One's a Cu24 stoptail:
L2ysOki.jpg

The other is a Cu22 once owned by Paul. I don't know if you can call it a quilt or a flame. It's kind of both. I am traveling and don't have a really good photo of it on my computer, but here is one showing the defect that Paul recognized as proof he once owned it, and the BRW neck.
RhcNG8x.jpg

Here's the night I asked Pual if it used to be his sales guitar. He said he knew it was because they always gave him the ones they couldn't sell because of the defect.
N7WNKQ0.jpg

I only have 2. One's a Cu24 stoptail:
L2ysOki.jpg

The other is a Cu22 once owned by Paul. I don't know if you can call it a quilt or a flame. It's kind of both. I am traveling and don't have a really good photo of it on my computer, but here is one showing the defect that Paul recognized as proof he once owned it, and the BRW neck.
RhcNG8x.jpg

Here's the night I asked Pual if it used to be his sales guitar. He said he knew it was because they always gave him the ones they couldn't sell because of the defect.
N7WNKQ0.jpg
That CU 24 stoptail is amazing!

If not PRS, then German Luthiers

Frank Hartung
Embrace_2-1024x757.jpg

(courtesy of www.legendary-guitars.com),

Teuffel
rhodium-birdfish-quilted-maple-1024x685.jpg

(courtesy of www.legendary-guitars.com),

Siggi Braun
01-7.jpg

(courtesy of www.bigfoot-guitars.de), and

Nik Huber
DSC06798.jpg

(courtesy of www.guitars-shop.de) offer stunning grained maple tops (and necks).
Oh boy, love that Huber! Would be a nice compliment to my custom build :) Unfortunately I have zero cash for such a purchase…

1B1F6F8D-DEB2-4C41-9F88-3010E7EA0857.jpg

I did try a Harding Embrace similar to that one during a Boutique Guitar Tour showcase several years ago and thought it was a great guitar. Unfortunately it was already sold.

Back