Korina, Korina

oo la la the top is ala Knaggs , a quilty neck .. the back ..Korina and Flame
yodv6ekp2oygqd6aqocf.jpg
ckksyzejrskuk9uu2r6s.jpg

There is one Mira Korina in holland for sale for a decent sum. I would not know what to do with it (niche has been filled in my collection) but it is still tempting

Efforts for sustainabilityfor Korina/ Limba started in the 50's , too bad it wasn't the same for rosewood and ebony. Thankfully Taylor has done great work for the Ebony and Koa reforesting.
Yeah, and the thing with ebony is: we only want the real dark stuff, although I really like the grey streak wood as well: it adds some wild character or livelyness to it

while that was true for a LONG time , thankfully now the world is embracing the non black versions and in some case selling it for more . like " pale moon ebony " Black ebony is the heartwood of the Mpinga tree , you don't know if the tree has black heartwood until you cut it down. In the past , if it wasn't they would just leave it . Taylor and Crellican stopped that and introduced sustainable harvesting. Most don't know that many famous makers have been dyeing their ebony for years. here's what "pale moon ebony" looks like on a neck
om4ltsso6dd9zffnsbxh.jpg

while that was true for a LONG time , thankfully now the world is embracing the non black versions and in some case selling it for more . like " pale moon ebony " Black ebony is the heartwood of the Mpinga tree , you don't know if the tree has black heartwood until you cut it down. In the past , if it wasn't they would just leave it . Taylor and Crellican stopped that and introduced sustainable harvesting. Most don't know that many famous makers have been dyeing their ebony for years. here's what "pale moon ebony" looks like on a neck
om4ltsso6dd9zffnsbxh.jpg
I know and I must say: dig!!

om4ltsso6dd9zffnsbxh.jpg
That is just drop dead sexy, there!!!!!!!

om4ltsso6dd9zffnsbxh.jpg
One hell of a sweeeeeet Knaggs!

Back