NGD: SC594 McCarty

docteurseb

For once I waited until I was done making the TRC and backplates before posting this NGD.
I wanted to get a SC again but the price, top, weight, figuring were never all quite right at altogether, until I saw this used 2020 SC594.

Dealer pics looked great already but it looked way better still in person.
This is one of those where you scratch your head wondering why it landed in the 10 top bin.... I'd have had no problem using it on prior PS builds.

I might redo the control cover as I went slightly overboard with how much I angled the curls, but probably not worth bothering as it's a lot of work to finish those:

qRZCNG8.jpg

Vor6bO0.jpg

3VrSP9O.jpg

SxyKcju.jpg

rG1jiMh.jpg

Yw9XwEe.jpg

Grrrrrrrrooooooowwwwwllllll!!!! That is hot!! Great work as usual on the color matching!!! Surprised you did not do knobs, pup rings and tuners ;~(( You definitely need to post this in the McCarty thread!!!! Killer score!!!!!
Tuners: can't do anything about those. Putting Phase III tuners would leave the imprints of the vintage tuners visible at the back of the headstock. I think they look fine considering the fingerboard's plastic binding.

Knobs/rings: always a guaranteed failure trying to match a color after the fact for a part that's gonna sit right on top of the stained top. Any slight color difference would be jarring and I like the contrast of the stock plastic buttons anyways.
I made curly maple rings but in the end felt like the plastic ones looked better considering the fingerboard's binding is plastic too.

Tuners: can't do anything about those. Putting Phase III tuners would leave the imprints of the vintage tuners visible at the back of the headstock. I think they look fine considering the fingerboard's plastic binding.

Knobs/rings: always a guaranteed failure trying to match a color after the fact for a part that's gonna sit right on top of the stained top. Any slight color difference would be jarring and I like the contrast of the stock plastic buttons anyways.
I made curly maple rings but in the end felt like the plastic ones looked better considering the fingerboard's binding is plastic too.
VG! Hope it inspires you to create and play some beautiful music ;~))

For once I waited until I was done making the TRC and backplates before posting this NGD.
I wanted to get a SC again but the price, top, weight, figuring were never all quite right at altogether, until I saw this used 2020 SC594.

Dealer pics looked great already but it looked way better still in person.
This is one of those where you scratch your head wondering why it landed in the 10 top bin.... I'd have had no problem using it on prior PS builds.

I might redo the control cover as I went slightly overboard with how much I angled the curls, but probably not worth bothering as it's a lot of work to finish those:

qRZCNG8.jpg

Vor6bO0.jpg

3VrSP9O.jpg

SxyKcju.jpg

rG1jiMh.jpg

Yw9XwEe.jpg
Gorgeous!! I love my SC 594! congrats!

Love the waves in the figuring below the bridge.

It’s all very lovely, but that’s stunning.

Back