Joe Walsh Signature???

I dunno why some of you guys are getting so worked up over this. I clearly stated like, 6 years ago anything that wasn’t a Santana was trash.

They make blue Santanas though.

Wasn’t the “+” designation added to 594 Singlecut McCarty neck pickups in 2020? Balanced out the tone from the change in sound resulting from the singlecut?
Yes, my late 2020 SC594 has those. It is noticeably louder than the DC594 with regular 58/15LT, but take this with a grain of salt as I haven't adjusted the pickups' height to yet be exactly identical.

It's been assumed earlier here the Joe W SC594 run is a thicker body, I don't interpret the official page that way but I'm not a native speaker:

"The McCarty family of guitars is born from passion and precision: built passionately to embody vintage soul and appointments while utilizing the precision of PRS’s modern manufacturing techniques, so you can have the best guitar we can make right out of the box. Featuring a bound, 22-fret, 24.594” scale length Pattern Vintage neck and a slightly thicker back for enhanced tone and sustain, the McCarty 594 Singlecut has been meticulously spec’d.

This Joe Walsh Limited Edition builds on these specifications, adding a Brazilian rosewood fretboard with stainless steel frets to deliver incredible playability and soulful, vintage tone.
"

1st paragraph describes the general specs of the SC594, which is indeed thicker than a DC594.
Nothing is said about making it even thicker for this LTD run.

I've found one in the UK, or at least the add still says "pre-order" and not "out of stock" like for the SS Lunar that was sold in just seconds.

I've thought about it (i'm a signature guitar addict :() then i decided that with that kind of money i can almost pick two of the three PRS on my Wishlist right now: 594 Soapbar/594/Special Semi-Hollow...They are at the top of the PRS line, so we already know that i will not be disappointed! :)

The only thing I'd change is either a black or rosewood veneer headstock instead of the wine red one
Good eye! I believe all the recent McCarty 594 Singlecuts have had the black/dark-brown rosewood veneer on their headstock (more of a Gibson look). The one Joe's holding definitely has more of the '90s/'00s PRS look with the red-ish headstock face.

I must have had some good meds last night, because I would have sworn I saw a Eunuch corn, on page 6 of the thread

Not sure if I spelled that correctly or not. o_O

:D

This reminds me of a story about violin bows. As you might know, pernambuco is a highly prized tone wood. PRS has used it very sparingly over the years. I’ve never tried it, it’s supposed to be awesome. Anyway, some of the best violin bows are made from pernambuco as well. There’s a machine called a Lucci (Lucchi?) meter that’s something like a except it works with sound. Some master bow craftsman used the meter to find the boards with the best sound transmission. He said the most straight-grained wood transfers sound better, and that figuring detracts from the energy transfer. Very interesting stuff. I’d love for PRS to get ahold of one of those meters and build a few experimental guitars, then share the info.

Ya know, it may just be that ol’ Joe didn’t really care about a crazy figured top. It’s going to be interesting to see these roll out. There is a big difference between the one Joe’s holding and the one pictured for the color sample. And it’s not just angles or lighting.

That said, I think it’s cool that Joe’s on board, and I expect these will sell quickly.

You got your's for $6500???

Only if he can extend the layaway.

But I think Jesse's going to catch on and reject his lowball offer.

AdmirableTangibleAntarcticgiantpetrel-size_restricted.gif

Screw it. I bought one.

I liked you sentiment so much, I did too.

It's not too late. Ish Guitars has one listed right now (well, when I checked 10minutes ago).

Not anymore ;)

You make me think I should call Ish, put $6499 on my card and ask if I can pay the last dollar in August.

Sorry, mate. You'll have to look elsewhere.

Only if he can extend the layaway.

But I think Jesse's going to catch on and reject his lowball offer.

AdmirableTangibleAntarcticgiantpetrel-size_restricted.gif

The trick is to not lowball :p

Back