Joe Walsh Signature???

Wtf happened to this forum? When did it become a breeding ground for whiny people complaining about MAP and acting like PRS is trying to screw over the customer? What’s next? Is someone going to start asking questions about why the 594 they bought second hand from a crappy picture online doesn’t meet their expectations to replace an authentic guitar they bought when they were 20 years old for less money, but they regrettably had to sell because they needed money for their dog’s cancer treatment?
That was the best f’n guitar video I have seen in ages. The dude loves that guitar. He put out a limited number of a slightly tweaked version of what so many people already love. Celebrate it and get one if you think it’s right for you. And nobody is going to complain if you don’t. Nobody is going to complain if you buy something else.

Well, we all can have a slightly bad day and this announcement/thread happened to provide much needed comical entertainment. For that, I am sorry.
You know the irony ? I did the same when the Paul's 85 got announced. Two months later I got one (although I had to return that due to shipping trauma).
It'd be hilarious if I ended up with that one too; very unlikely but I probably thought the same about the P85 back then.

As for 'acting like PRS is trying to screw over the customer': their mistake, they may want to get the specs right in the first place to avoid the perception of an inflated price. Considering the clarification from Brian, it does make a bit more sense now.

Alright... off to create an account on the Gibson forum. I'm sure they must be a having quite a day there.

Last edited:
Ok, not happy about the tone here on the forum. Go to FB to complain like this. Yes, you have a voice but be constructive.

Too much money - don't buy it.

I am a CU24 guy so NO its not something I will buy BUT...

For me, I am VERY excited about a rock star of this stature coming into the PRS camp. What's good for PRS in the long run is good for me.

smile!

Well I havent posted here in 5 years, I wonder if its changed...

VsX07cZ.gif

Guess not. Hope you're all doing well and the Joe Walsh guitar is special for far more reason than anyones complaining about. For WL prices you get a guitar that has options PS doesnt, the resale value of a limited run, the specs of a killer guitar, a brazzy board, nitro cracking/relicing, the signatures of two living legends, and the seal of approval of a guy who just rips the vintage world and tone to shreds. Seriously dont think of it as a Joe Walsh sig, think of it as a badass guitar thats praised by him. Its a steal and anyone who got one is lucky because we'll all be wishing we did when we realize how special they are in 1, 5 or 20 years. Until next time, amigos.

I'm tempted to drop an unreasonable, irresponsible amount of cash on one of these, just to sit on it and then sell it back to one of y'all for like double the price in 5 years.

But on second thought, NAH... these things need to be played, man. They need to be played. By a player. You know, like Joe says: "the smoker you drink, the player you get."

you think the body is thicker than a core 594SC? Didn't look like it was fo me? But that'd be a nice touch if so.
Check out the spec page and description. It verifies it.

To the haters...

This guitar is as close to the original PS release, minus the mammoth ivory birds and headstock. I laugh at the critique of the top. I don't care what they call it. It is an Artist Guitar, so that makes it an Artist Grade top, duh! Snowflakes! PRS does all of you a solid and releases, pretty much an affordable Artist Grade/PS guitar and you pout. Have you any respect for what Paul is trying to do here.

QUOTE: “Joe’s endorsement of the McCarty 594 Singlecut Joe Walsh Limited Edition means the world to me. We work very hard to keep pushing the guitar-making craft forward without losing sight of its rich history. The McCarty models have always embodied that, and to have a player like Joe Walsh say we’ve nailed it is heartwarming,” said Paul Reed Smith.

I have gotten ticked off on this forum before, but some of you can go screw yourself. Paul (best guitar builder ever) says those kind words above (obviously not read by many here) and y'all rain on his parade. Not cool man. Pound sand!

Meanwhile, I hope to give one a try in the next day or two. College tuition safely knocks me out of the race, but I will still consider it.

Check out the spec page and description. It verifies it.

To the haters...

This guitar is as close to the original PS release, minus the mammoth ivory birds and headstock. I laugh at the critique of the top. I don't care what they call it. It is an Artist Guitar, so that makes it an Artist Grade top, duh! Snowflakes! PRS does all of you a solid and releases, pretty much an affordable Artist Grade/PS guitar and you pout. Have you any respect for what Paul is trying to do here.

QUOTE: “Joe’s endorsement of the McCarty 594 Singlecut Joe Walsh Limited Edition means the world to me. We work very hard to keep pushing the guitar-making craft forward without losing sight of its rich history. The McCarty models have always embodied that, and to have a player like Joe Walsh say we’ve nailed it is heartwarming,” said Paul Reed Smith.

I have gotten ticked off on this forum before, but some of you can go screw yourself. Paul (best guitar builder ever) says those kind words above (obviously not read by many here) and y'all rain on his parade. Not cool man. Pound sand!

Meanwhile, I hope to give one a try in the next day or two. College tuition safely knocks me out of the race, but I will still consider it.

You think you can just walk into a any given Guitar Center and pick one up and play it? Send pics please.

...You can easily find 594's going for less than half of this...

o_O Brand new core, SS frets and a Braz fretboard? Please post a link to that bad boy, I would gladly fork out $3250 for that. :)

This is a promotional run with hand signed signatures. No point comparing the price with standard production guitars. It’s apples and oranges. Wait for when the permanent production model is launched.

Just enjoy the news. The day was kind of quiet until this bulletin broke.

I like the guitar, I like Joe Walsh, I don't think it is an unreasonable upcharge for a limited signature version of an already killer guitar with a couple of unique features.
But, am I the only one here who thought Joe's tone in the demo video sounded like crap? Very thin and nasal. I know a 594 through a DG amp can sound a lot better than that.
Donning flame proof suit.

You think you can just walk into a any given Guitar Center and pick one up and play it? Send pics please.

You should never assume. Guitar Center is not my cup of tea. My dealer has two on the way, one any day now, likely today. My understanding is the guitars were built prior to the release. At least most of them. Pics? I no longer have a hosting site and all this cyber crap is not my bag. I'll do what I can!

Last edited:
IDK, I can understand the Graveyard PRS guitar because its a completely unique fretboard design, top, and back. But this one, barring those small things above, is basically just a 594 with a signature on it. When I think of signature guitars, I think of Adam Jones' 1979 Les Paul replica that was recently released, or a Tremonti. Those are unique guitars and actually have the specs those guys use. Not trying to hate on PRS, but this is just a repackaged 594. You can easily find 594's going for less than half of this.

Guess my point is, they could have at least put in some sort of signature pickup, neck profile, or something to differentiate it from a regular 594.

You are thinking of the Graveyard 2 - I was referring to the first Graveyard - which has the traditional Bird inlays - like a core. The Graveyard 2 had the unique inlay design and the 'crow' on the headstock.

So many Signature guitars are like a regular model - just in a specific colour or, at most, their own 'signature' pups from Dimarzio or SD. What separates a Slash LP from regular Standard? Maybe you won't get the Anaconda Burst in Standard - but what's stopping you from buying a regular standard in say a 'tea burst' and dropping in some Slash SD's - should be equivalent to the November Rain Slash Signature...

Personally I think this is great! Having Joe Walsh back this is not only great publicity, but the inclusion of stainless steel frets is a thing some people were asking for.

This stuff can trickle down to everyone else in other models.

If I had the means I would probably get one.

Back