Joe Walsh Signature???

So when will we get cracking nitro finish Silver Sky with stainless steel frets…and maybe a 9.5” radius ;)

I don’t really keep up with the guitar market like I used to, because I’m so happy with my gear. But I have noticed that COVID has really brought guitar playing back in a big way, and that pretty much all the good stuff is back ordered.

Joe Walsh was never my favorite player, but I’ve really enjoyed LOTS of his music. He’s certified rock royalty. And lest we forget, Joe was a very early proponent of the “vintage” guitar market. That guy is a great player and knows good tone.

Having said all that, I’d like to add my proverbial 2 cents. Yes, $6500 is a lot of money. But BRW board, great top, awesome pickups, and SS frets? This is basically a Private Stock guitar. A solid-color Wolfgang is $4000 and they’re back-ordered at least 6 months. Also, let’s not forget that due to COVID, the price of wood has gone through the roof. A sheet of PLYWOOD is $95 now, for crying out loud. I think if you compared the Joe Sig to offerings from Gibson and Fender you’ll find it’s a tremendous bargain. IMHO, we should all be congratulating Paul and Joe for releasing what looks to be an utterly spectacular instrument.

You should never assume. Guitar Center is not my cup of tea. My dealer has two on the way, one any day now, likely today. My understanding is the guitars were built prior to the release. At least most of them. Pics? I no longer have a hosting site and all this cyber crap is not my bag. I'll do what I can!
If you find yourself with photos you want to share, send them to me and I will put them in a shareable location for you. I mean, your avatar is the best fade ever.

So last year I bought a 594 SC with the low turn pick ups that have tha special touch to them. Its got a 10 top in tiger color. The guitar is perfect I think. So how much more perfect can this special edition be?
I'm just curious.

So last year I bought a 594 SC with the low turn pick ups that have tha special touch to them. Its got a 10 top in tiger color. The guitar is perfect I think. So how much more perfect can this special edition be?
I'm just curious.
Thought 1: Paul has been improving on perfection since I first touched one of his guitars in the 90s, so I would not bet against him.

Thought 2: This one is meant to be perfection for Joe Walsh. It might not do anything for you.

Thought 3: Embrace the perfection you have. Tiger Eye is a fantastic single cut colour. You win on looks and don’t have to chase a better tone. Good odds I would like yours better too, but maybe not better than my tiger eye quilt SC245 with a braz board.

Thought 2: This one is meant to be perfection for Joe Walsh. It might not do anything for you.

Ya know, it may just be that ol’ Joe didn’t really care about a crazy figured top. It’s going to be interesting to see these roll out. There is a big difference between the one Joe’s holding and the one pictured for the color sample. And it’s not just angles or lighting.

That said, I think it’s cool that Joe’s on board, and I expect these will sell quickly.

I like the guitar, I like Joe Walsh, I don't think it is an unreasonable upcharge for a limited signature version of an already killer guitar with a couple of unique features.
But, am I the only one here who thought Joe's tone in the demo video sounded like crap? Very thin and nasal. I know a 594 through a DG amp can sound a lot better than that.
Donning flame proof suit.
I don't generally trust everything I see/hear on YT, but I'll admit to coming away with a similar opinion.

I dunno why some of you guys are getting so worked up over this. I clearly stated like, 6 years ago anything that wasn’t a Santana was trash.

He DID say that...

I'm pretty sure he's said that many times. If it don't got that big, bulbous round bottom...

Hey--can you guys just imagine what might've happened if ol' Joe was debuting a blue signature model??? Holy heck, the outrage that would ensue!!!

I don't generally trust everything I see/hear on YT, but I'll admit to coming away with a similar opinion.

'Ya know, One has to wonder as to how much "truth" there is in a YouTube video, but in a case like this, that is all we are probably have to go on. With only 200 produced (and probably sold by now) , its not like any are going to be hangin' around stores to audition.

Maybe (to get the masses ready for the ensuing production model) Brian Ewald should do his usual bang up demo job to quell all the crazies ... (the ones with $$$)

I for one am interested in the new pickup designation "58/15 LT+ ?

How is it different from the current models ?

And why not call it a "58/21 " as it is a mod to the 58 tone but subsequent to 2015 ? The 58/15LT's do intrigue me, but for what would be asked for them ? I think there would be others to consider (Lambertones/ Vaughn Skow/ SD ) for probably less ... that would sound as good...

Back