Is this a "one piece" top? and..

Personally I am not a Fan of the filled in F-Hole - but I can well believe it has very little impact on the overall Tone. I feel like the Semi-Hollow's are PRS's equivalent to Weight relief. Solid woods that are carved/drilled out to reduce weight - not like a Semi-Hollow 335 for example with its Laminated top, back and sides with a solid block in the middle.

Therefore I wouldn't expect the F-hole - whether 'decorative', filled or open to make any distinct and noticeable difference that could be directly linked to that.

I think it’s possible that the PS build sheet will clear up whether it’s a one-piece top or not. Usually if it were an intentionally unique thing it would be mentioned in the description.

To me it would have made more sense to just skip the f-hole and had a chambered guitar with an unbroken ebony top. Not my aesthetic choice, but someone will buy and love it I’m sure.

Personally I am not a Fan of the filled in F-Hole - but I can well believe it has very little impact on the overall Tone. I feel like the Semi-Hollow's are PRS's equivalent to Weight relief. Solid woods that are carved/drilled out to reduce weight - not like a Semi-Hollow 335 for example with its Laminated top, back and sides with a solid block in the middle.

Therefore I wouldn't expect the F-hole - whether 'decorative', filled or open to make any distinct and noticeable difference that could be directly linked to that.

I think thats how they make the bound f-hole.

Then they drill out the material to leave a bonnie finish.

(TWSS)

Last edited:
Spoke with PRS... this is a 2 piece top, which for Macassar ebony is a big deal... apparently this wood rarely comes in wide pieces as the tree is rather small .. This video talks about it in the beginning.

Yes, I ordered it.. Why?

1. I LOVE the pickup arrangement (I have a Semi-Hollow special)
2. I LOVE the wood combo / top aesthetics
3. I LOVE the birds of a feather
4. Owl is my favorite bird
5. I like the unique knob/switching, very custom vibe.

Cons:

1. Don't really care about Sweetwater attribution - nothing against Sweetwater
2. Would have preferred the F-hole open, but getting used to the idea, and it is VERY unique
3. Price was insane, but I got them to come down a bit

"Out for Delivery" right now

Spoke with PRS... this is a 2 piece top, which for Macassar ebony is a big deal... apparently this wood rarely comes in wide pieces as the tree is rather small .. This video talks about it in the beginning.

Yes, I ordered it.. Why?

Cons:

2. Would have preferred the F-hole open, but getting used to the idea, and it is VERY unique

Outstanding! Great purchase

Yes, I ordered it.. Why?

Cons:

Is it bookmatched, though?

Congratulations, btw!

Well, it arrived and I’ve had a chance to play with it for a bit and take some photos. I must confess, it has exceeded my expectations. It’s quite heavy, actually, but in a very comfortable way, considering I would never gig such a guitar.

I took it to the Guitar Center nearby for the PRS tech to convert it to nines from tens, and he was absolutely floored by the design, and funny enough both of us loved the F hole detail in person.

If one of you cares to explain to me how to upload an image on this website, I’ll create a thread introducing the Guitar.

Well, it arrived and I’ve had a chance to play with it for a bit and take some photos. I must confess, it has exceeded my expectations. It’s quite heavy, actually, but in a very comfortable way, considering I would never gig such a guitar.

I took it to the Guitar Center nearby for the PRS tech to convert it to nines from tens, and he was absolutely floored by the design, and funny enough both of us loved the F hole detail in person.

If one of you cares to explain to me how to upload an image on this website, I’ll create a thread introducing the Guitar.
You need a host site. I use - https://postimages.org/

Back