PRS, PRS on the wall
It does not matter the scale, short or tall
If rounded shoulders or my profile is wide
It matters what pickups are inside
Wood matters too, blue, black or green
What makes PRS beautiful can be seen
When you strum together all my parts
A most beautiful PRS wins my heart...

Can I join the club? I really love the outline inlays.

P.S. Really hoping there is a raffle at the end of the year. ;)

It's ironic that there was such vocal hatred of the outline birds when they were first introduced. I think that's finally died down and few remember it any more. I think they're really artistic and I'm glad they stuck around in a few variations. And this is a stellar guitar!

I have one turtle owl myself.

Out of all of my PRS guitars, I only have one with the Owl. It is honestly one that I would consider trading off for a different PRS core. It is my least played guitar and is the second one I bought back in 2006.

Out of all of my PRS guitars, I only have one with the Owl. It is honestly one that I would consider trading off for a different PRS core. It is my least played guitar and is the second one I bought back in 2006.
Oh?!

Yep, it is a 2006 CU24 10 Top in Whale Blue. It never got the play time that my CU22 has received. The CU22 used to get less play time and once I had the PTC put the 57/08s in it with the 2009 pickup promotion that changed. The CU24 has the wide thin neck carve. I have preferred the wide fat carve on the CU22 as well. The CU22 was my first PRS. I really got it right on that purchase, not that I don't have plenty of other PRS that I love just as much.

Lousy picture, but sure, I'll join Club L'Hibou (see how I classed it up already?)

IMG-5847.jpg

It's ironic that there was such vocal hatred of the outline birds when they were first introduced. I think that's finally died down and few remember it any more. I think they're really artistic and I'm glad they stuck around in a few variations. And this is a stellar guitar!

I have one turtle owl myself.

Thanks! I had no idea the outlines weren't popular at first. I loved them the second I saw them. Then when I was looking for my first core, I ran into this wood library and it checked all of the boxes, including those inlays. I couldn't pass it up.

My owl.
I’m surprised how often I find myself up in owl territory. As someone becoming reacquainted with electric guitar after decades of separation, and also someone who spent most of his left hand time between the nut and the Cooper’s Hawk, I am now getting a lot of mileage from the differences in timbre from different areas of the fretboard.

If it's a 24 fretter, you do have an owl. You just don't know it. The last inlay in the fretboard (24th fret) is an owl.

You're welcome.
I think he’s referring to the fretboard that shows a swarm of birds (birds of a feather) instead of the individual birds on the 3, 5, 7, 9, 12, etc..

Back