SG ?

FlaGuitars

I seen PRS as the perfect combination of a Les Paul and Strat.
Then McCarty as PRS LesPaul
Silver Sky as PRS Strat
Myles Kennedy as PRS Tele

need and SG...my Sananta is kinda close but this is PRS.......the other mentioned guitars are not close....they are better.

The Santana is an evolution of the SG .. if you look at Carlos ' instruments over the years the majority have the same form.
That being said it would be nice to see an all mahogany thinline version similar to the SG , with P90's .. a nice woodstock tribute..

if course if I must play an SG , I grab this 24 fret ebony board 1/2" maple caped beauty
__static.gibson.com_product-images_USA_USAQHL543_Blueberry_Fade_SGM01U8CH1_front.jpg

I have a Gibson SG Standard..in their new Siver Mist color. Main thing I would like to see in PRS version is the symmetrical cutaways. The Santana cut aways are not as off set at normal PRS shape so my reasoning for similarity . A thin, one piece mahogany body would be cool also. SG is very light guitar. My lightest is PRS Hollowbody then a Danelectro 12 string.. The SG comes in 3rd. That body design is so light my Gibson Les Paul is heavier then my Ephiphone SG Double Neck. Big surprise.

Before the Mira, you had the Cu22 Standard. All mahogany double cutaway.
McCarty Soapbar could get you in that ballpark too, but they all have the 25” scale
length which is too “tight” /polite for that looser vibey SG thing. And the thicker bodies can make for a slightly woolier darker tone.

Swop out the Duncan p90s for something less hot/hifi, possibly some lower winds, and you’ll get closer to that SG Special tone.

I’d love it if PRS did a run of solid color 594 “Standards” with solid mahogany body and soapbars. I’d be an easy target for one of those! I am sure the no-bedazzled maple top, = the less interest there is in such a thing.

Don’t tell me they have these or I am gonna get throttled at home. ;)

-e.

My Core Mira was pretty close to an SG. I’m no SG expert, but I’ve had this one since 1967, it it’s got a tonality I’m pretty familiar with despite the P90s.

It’s seen a lot of gigs over the years. My son has it at the moment.

kxopKh8.jpg
I have a 2021 SG Special that I bought new in October of 2022. Put some Lollar P90's in it and also installed a Music City bridge. Love it!! It's a Telecaster on steroids! For me it was one of those rare "dream guitars" so I bought one.

Back