SG ?

Thanks for all the suggestions. Nothing fits the bill. My illusion is the Standard is best of Gibson and Fender. Shape,woods and tones.
McCarty SingleCut...pretty much PRS Les Paul.....
Silver Sky...PRS Strat
Myles Kennedy..PRS Tele.
Closest suggestion to what I would love to see PRS craft is the Mira....... thank you for that....Will look into them

Seems like the S2 mahogany 594 slimline would be the closest in specs. Just no P90 variation, unless you are cool with humbucker sized p90s dropped in it.

If you want the ‘61 SG humbucker vibe, I’d definitely try both the Mira and that S2 594 slimline. See what you like from those 2?

My illusion is the Standard is best of Gibson and Fender. Shape,woods and tones.
Honestly, I think that just might be an illusion.

The Standard is much more like an SG than a Fender anything. All mahogany including set neck = not Fender. Humbuckers = not traditional Fender. 25" vs 25.5" Scale Length = a bit closer to Gibson than Fender. Tone = not Fender, they lean much more Gibson.

I have a 2021 SG Special that I bought new in October of 2022. Put some Lollar P90's in it and also installed a Music City bridge. Love it!! It's a Telecaster on steroids! For me it was one of those rare "dream guitars" so I bought one.

I haven't played mine since I bought my first PRS in 1991.

Not that it's a bad guitar, it's actually still pretty nice sounding. I simply prefer the articulation of a maple cap and humbuckers. It does, however, have a Braz fretboard, and hasn't needed a neck adjustment since 1971. :oops:

My father bought it new in 1965 for my brother. He didn't stay involved in music and gave it to me in 1967. I was student-poor when I got it, and later on, was too cheap to replace it until the late '80s, when I got a Superstrat that I played for a few years. I traded that one in on the PRS.

After I got the PRS I kept the old SG around to remind me of my dad. However, my son learned to play on it, and likes it, so it lives with him in LA now. It originally came with the Gibson Vibrola, and I had it changed to a Tune-O-Matic in the early '70s. That's one reason it's so relic'd, has dowel inserts for the bridge, and a screw in the middle of the body between the tailpiece and bridge for no apparent reason.

But the mod destroyed its value, and at this point the case is worth considerably more than the guitar! 🤣

Back