Introduce yourself!

Hello, I'm Steve from Michigan. I'm in my late 30's.

I'm known a bit well on Facebook for some of my custom/heavily modified guitar collection. I'm new to PRS guitars. I got my first PRS guitar for myself at Christmas (Santana SE) and shortly after that a Purple Maple Silver Sky SE (which I haven't unboxed yet - waiting to order a hardcase for that before I do).

Just a few of my custom guitars (via my YouTube channel):

Hello, I'm Steve from Michigan. I'm in my late 30's.

I'm known a bit well on Facebook for some of my custom/heavily modified guitar collection. I'm new to PRS guitars. I got my first PRS guitar for myself at Christmas (Santana SE) and shortly after that a Purple Maple Silver Sky SE (which I haven't unboxed yet - waiting to order a hardcase for that before I do).

Just a few of my custom guitars (via my YouTube channel):
Hey SteveGlitch, welcome to the forum! Looks like some cool work, are you intending on modifying your PRSi? Looking forward to seeing what you do with them if you head down that route!!

Hey SteveGlitch, welcome to the forum! Looks like some cool work, are you intending on modifying your PRSi? Looking forward to seeing what you do with them if you head down that route!!
Thank you Moondog Wily!

Yes indeedy! I have modified the Santana SE already a little but it's not finished. Because it's so simple looking, there's not much crazy stuff I can do. It will be unique enough for a Santana SE but nothing too stand out-ish.

Here's how it looks so far, still in the process, mind you:

So on that one, besides the pickups and mounting rings, nothing is changed but I'm planning on some new knobs and maybe a decal to fill the space.

The Silver Sky SE will be able to be modified with some pretty cool stuff though! Strats, LP and Tele type guitars seem to be made with aftermarket custom work and modification in mind, then again color plays a big role. If I had gotten the gray Silver Sky SE, modifications would be awkward on it because theres no point since the gray body already matches tuners and bird inlays.. However, I bought the purple one which is a great base for unique color schemes and all that eye catching stuff.. So I'm pretty excited about it :)

Thank you Moondog Wily!

Yes indeedy! I have modified the Santana SE already a little but it's not finished. Because it's so simple looking, there's not much crazy stuff I can do. It will be unique enough for a Santana SE but nothing too stand out-ish.

Here's how it looks so far, still in the process, mind you:

So on that one, besides the pickups and mounting rings, nothing is changed but I'm planning on some new knobs and maybe a decal to fill the space.

The Silver Sky SE will be able to be modified with some pretty cool stuff though! Strats, LP and Tele type guitars seem to be made with aftermarket custom work and modification in mind, then again color plays a big role. If I had gotten the gray Silver Sky SE, modifications would be awkward on it because theres no point since the gray body already matches tuners and bird inlays.. However, I bought the purple one which is a great base for unique color schemes and all that eye catching stuff.. So I'm pretty excited about it :)
Nice! The fretboard on that Santana looks like it has some nice variations in color level!! Lookin' good!!!

Hi Everyone! New member here. Just bought my first PRS last night. CE 24 2018 model. Whale Blue. Love it. I've hardly put it down since I picked it up! Really glad I found the community here. Great source of information.
Great to have you with us.
Post pics when you can.

Hello everyone!

I've recently going through what is probably best described as a midlife crisis that has taken the form of returning to making music. I played piano, guitar, and sang in choir in my younger days, but largely fell off after college.

A few years ago, I got a free keyboard and started reteaching myself piano. This year, I was able to buy a grand piano (6' 1" 1982 Kawai GS-30, almost as old as I am!). Then my son came home from school where he's playing percussions and mentioned that he's starting on the drum kit. "Well, I wonder how much a used set of drums can cost?" I started watching videos to see what we should buy, and decided that everyone playing drums looked they were having an absolute blast. So we bought some drums (spoiler: not the used cheap set I set out to get).

Then I figured, "hey, why not get back up to speed on guitar as well?" I had been lugging around a steel string and a nylon string for years without playing them. I got some new strings and started to play around on the steel string acoustic, but I just wasn't excited to play, so time for an electric!

I wasn't familiar with PRS from my time playing in the 1990s, but several of the more subdued models really spoke to me, and I grabbed an SE Starla for a great price recently.

IDi0nVU.jpg
SwW1uFb.jpg
LkEBj7V.jpg

It's been great to get reaquainted with guitar this way, and my son and I have even done a few jam sessions with him on the drums and me on guitar. I've started teaching him, so soon we can flip flop!

Thanks for the great community!

And please, don't show me any more instruments. My wallet can't take it. ;-)
Great story. Good to meet you. If you don’t want temptation from seeing instruments… well I don’t know what to tell you.
How’ out some pics of parts to tempt you to mod your guitar?

Hiya - just joined. I have a Paul's SE and have done some modding via a few techs. None of it worked out the way I wanted...so now I'm gonna try to do it myself!
Welcome Brak! Be sure to tap the knowledge here on the forum when doing the mods (as suggested by Deepender), lot's of experienced folk here who might be able to save you some time and anguish ;~))

Be more specific. We might be able to guide your next steps better if we know what’s not tickling your fancy. (Where is a person’s fancy, anyway?)

Welcome Brak! Be sure to tap the knowledge here on the forum when doing the mods (as suggested by Deepender), lot's of experienced folk here who might be able to save you some time and anguish ;~))
At the risk of having my fancy tickled, I posted a detailed set of questions with some history and a wiring diagram I worked up in the PTC - PRS Tech Center forum. This post over here

Back