Introduce yourself!

Hi PRS Forum. I used to be on the Birds and Moons forum and a little on Vintage Rocker. Over the years, I have read a lot of the posts here, but haven’t signed up until now. I have typically found that what I have to contribute has usually been said before I get to it, so no point cluttering up the threads with redundant information.

My first PRS was a Vintage Yellow CE-24 with birds way back in 1996. I sold that to some guy in Australia maybe 10 years ago. I currently have a Brent Mason Signature Model in Frost Blue Metallic with a rosewood fingerboard, an S2 Singlecut Semi-hollow in Tri-color Sunburst, and a 2 Channel Custom 50 112 combo. Of course, there are other brands in the mix, but that is my PRS gear.

I haven’t played in a band for over 20 years. When I did, we made some pretty good music but it didn’t go anywhere. Now I play alone with a looper. I enjoy it. I do something with other people every once in a while, but I don’t ever expect to be a gigging musician. If I spent half as much time playing as I do looking at gear online, I would be a much better player.

Welcome to the forum! You should post your guitars so we can all see! :)

Hi PRS Forum. I used to be on the Birds and Moons forum and a little on Vintage Rocker. Over the years, I have read a lot of the posts here, but haven’t signed up until now. I have typically found that what I have to contribute has usually been said before I get to it, so no point cluttering up the threads with redundant information.

My first PRS was a Vintage Yellow CE-24 with birds way back in 1996. I sold that to some guy in Australia maybe 10 years ago. I currently have a Brent Mason Signature Model in Frost Blue Metallic with a rosewood fingerboard, an S2 Singlecut Semi-hollow in Tri-color Sunburst, and a 2 Channel Custom 50 112 combo. Of course, there are other brands in the mix, but that is my PRS gear.

I haven’t played in a band for over 20 years. When I did, we made some pretty good music but it didn’t go anywhere. Now I play alone with a looper. I enjoy it. I do something with other people every once in a while, but I don’t ever expect to be a gigging musician. If I spent half as much time playing as I do looking at gear online, I would be a much better player.

Welcome! Yes... The guitar pics... Please....... LoL!!!

You have one of the great ones! I tried one of the Specials in a store. I was really impressed, especially with the 1 and 5 positions.
Thanks! And I totally agree! I didn't get a play one in the store, but the videos of people playing made it sound so good. I was totally blown away by it when I finally got it. It's been.. difficult, to play my other guitars XD

I’m a 54 year old beginner but throwing all free time into learning. I decided I wanted to commit to learning to play in January and have bought an SG,Strat, and Marshall DSL40 CR in the first two months. I sold my boat and plan to buy a custom 24 for my 1 year anniversary. Maybe a 408? I’d like my first PRS to represent what the company was founded with.

At 54 there is not much in life I don’t have a pretty good understanding of. Well the guitar is one that changes that. Everyday I’m learning something new. It’s very rewarding to see the progress taking place. Like cutting grass everyday I can see progress.

Welcome Alan!

If you go with the 35th Anniversary Custom 24, you get the foundation and some of the most recent developments all in one.

https://www.prsguitars.com/index.php/electrics/model/35th_anniversary_custom_24_2020

I’m a 54 year old beginner but throwing all free time into learning. I decided I wanted to commit to learning to play in January and have bought an SG,Strat, and Marshall DSL40 CR in the first two months. I sold my boat and plan to buy a custom 24 for my 1 year anniversary. Maybe a 408? I’d like my first PRS to represent what the company was founded with.

At 54 there is not much in life I don’t have a pretty good understanding of. Well the guitar is one that changes that. Everyday I’m learning something new. It’s very rewarding to see the progress taking place. Like cutting grass everyday I can see progress.

Welcome to the Forum @teratotality @Stephen J. and @Alan Jurgens !! It sounds like y'all are jumping in with both feet, and that's the best way. PRS guitars, and this forum (IMHO), are among the very best out there!
Thanks! :)

I definitely jumped in with both feet. I mean, after owning one PRS, I couldn't not spend more money on another.. or two.. I literally have to stop going on ebay and reverb now or I won't be able to pay rent o_O

Also, welcome @Alan Jurgens!

Smarter than me! I was playing for 30 years before discovering PRS. Of course, there was no PRS for a portion of that, which is my excuse! But once I got one, Ike... more, more, more!

Hi all, so like quite a few people around the world right now I guess I've decided to scratch an itch though goes back several years with rather more time at home with lockdown than I've ever had - and learn to play an electric guitar.

I'm 62 now and back when I was 50 I took up clay shooting, probably something else that would have been easier if I'd started when I was a teenager now firmly at the unconsciously competent stage (or rather was two months ago). Like so many I'm a big John Mayer fan and and also felt drawn to the Silver Sky so in a slightly moment it will be my 1st guitar. With all the music stores closed most conversations seem to indicated that guitars are really personal things. Based on the process of learning to shoot I discovered that buying something decent, sometimes, dodges the point in learning where one has to find a way round the limitations of the price point one has bought at - with the added fact that the 'tool' is way more capable than I'll ever be. If DHL are on schedule then it will arrive tomorrow with all the other stuff following next week.

Previous exposure to musical instruments has been limited to having piano lessons when I was in my early teens (and not the least bit interested either), It's only in the last couple of days that I've taken a look at musical theory and found it surprisingly interesting.

I know the journey ahead won't be easy but I'm keen to get started and If you'll bear with me I might appear and ask the odd really dumb question....

Back