Introduce yourself!

Hey There Guys and Gal
Well I started playing guitar back in 72. The band I was in in 74 needed a bass player so, I played bass in cover bar bands for the next 44 years. Music has been a huge part of my life. Over the years I’ve obtained a pretty good collection of guitars &basses. Didn’t think I’d ever get a PRS, just couldn’t afford a USA and no dealers around me , but I took a shot and ordered a used SE Santana, Thanks Paul for making the SE range.i fell in love with it.that was 3 months ago.
The next month I got a Bernie Marsden, and this month a SE Kingfisher bass.i absolutely love these guitars. Still jam with a bunch at my little studio, they are getting popular around here now.The Bernie is now my favorite guitar out of 22.
Happy to be here,Thanks for including me in your circle

Hi everyone!

I'm 46, live outside Seattle, and always wanted to learn to play guitar, but was intimidated. I took a trip a few months ago to Hawaii and picked up a Ukulele to goof around on and couldn't put it down. It wasn't long before I purchased a 8 string acoustic/electric Uke and loved it, but something was missing. My finger tips built their callouses on the nylon strings of the Uke, so I didn't really have the pain typical new players of guitar have. My daughter's long time boyfriend has played guitar for the last 10 years, and could tell I was getting into it, so he helped my kids purchase a Fender acoustic/electric for my birthday. Shipping was taking awhile (ordered in March of this year, just got it last weekend) and I desperately wanted to play, so I picked up an old Washburn acoustic to hold me over. That was a blast, but I realized I really wanted an electric to learn on.

I was searching around and came across an immaculate SE 245 (my avatar picture), signed by Paul himself. Paul had signed it and gave it away at the Tacoma Guitar Show in 2018 (I have video of it, but can't post links until I have made three posts). The lucky recipient was...left handed! He then sold it to someone else who changed out the pickups to TV Jones and then didn't play it. I bought it from him for $495, with the gig bag, warranty card, etc. Not a scratch on it, zero fret wear, plastic still on the back plates, and sounds awesome.

Anyway, stoked to be here and I look forward to chatting with you all and more importantly, learning!

Jeremy

Hi everyone!

I'm 46, live outside Seattle, and always wanted to learn to play guitar, but was intimidated. I took a trip a few months ago to Hawaii and picked up a Ukulele to goof around on and couldn't put it down. It wasn't long before I purchased a 8 string acoustic/electric Uke and loved it, but something was missing. My finger tips built their callouses on the nylon strings of the Uke, so I didn't really have the pain typical new players of guitar have. My daughter's long time boyfriend has played guitar for the last 10 years, and could tell I was getting into it, so he helped my kids purchase a Fender acoustic/electric for my birthday. Shipping was taking awhile (ordered in March of this year, just got it last weekend) and I desperately wanted to play, so I picked up an old Washburn acoustic to hold me over. That was a blast, but I realized I really wanted an electric to learn on.

I was searching around and came across an immaculate SE 245 (my avatar picture), signed by Paul himself. Paul had signed it and gave it away at the Tacoma Guitar Show in 2018 (I have video of it, but can't post links until I have made three posts). The lucky recipient was...left handed! He then sold it to someone else who changed out the pickups to TV Jones and then didn't play it. I bought it from him for $495, with the gig bag, warranty card, etc. Not a scratch on it, zero fret wear, plastic still on the back plates, and sounds awesome.

Anyway, stoked to be here and I look forward to chatting with you all and more importantly, learning!

Jeremy
Congrats on your first, and welcome to the forum

Double+PLATINUM.jpg

hello
i am new to guitar world and new to this forum.
i am from hong kong. i used to play the piano (for 40 years) and suddenly had a "crush" with the guitar.
after some research, i bought my first prs custom 24 last year.
i enjoy playing it very much. everyday learn some new things and practise happily

cheers !

Hi all,

I'm new on the forum but not so new to guitar. I discovered the forum only recently - how I missed it I'll never know! I'm from Australia and picked up the guitar when I was about 12. That was a long time ago. I was fortunate my father is a guitar player, more so steel guitar these past 30 years but that gave me a great start. I'd been through the period of playing in working bands through my 20s and 30s and that was serious fun. Although those days are gone now, the guitar is something I will never put down. These days I jam regularly with a great bunch of guys or just keep myself amused in the home studio.

I lusted after a PRS for many years but they are not too easily available here. I finally got my first about 2 years ago - a lovely Custom 24 I still have today. But that has been added to by two more since (is that such a surprise?) ...!

Looking forward to being on here often and learning about so much more from this great community.

Jon

Last edited:
Hey Everyone! My name is David, I'm from Toronto, Canada. I've been playing guitar for around 15 years. My first guitar instructor had a PRS Custom 24 that I would play on occasion and it left an impression! I have my Fender and Gibson needs met and have been looking into adding a PRS to the stable. I joined the forum as I had some questions about a used Custom 24 that's popped up near me.

Cosmicblue, welcome to the forum. The Silver Sky is a great choice. It's a little on the high end; like having a BMW (3 series) for your first car. I would have loved to start out on one. We're about the same age so being a beginner, you'd probably be playing more Tom Petty, Bob Dylan, AC/DC than John Mayer. I've been playing guitar since I was 13 and I'm still learning. Enjoy the ride.

Registered years ago but never posted.

Anyway, live in the London UK and played and owned PRS for about 15 years.
Preference has always been for older PRS guitars even since I picked up and played a PRS studio guitar and then got the PRS bug which has been both an enjoyable and expensive hobby as aside from occasional jam nights, I sadly haven't played a gig for years.

Hey Everyone! My name is David, I'm from Toronto, Canada. I've been playing guitar for around 15 years. My first guitar instructor had a PRS Custom 24 that I would play on occasion and it left an impression! I have my Fender and Gibson needs met and have been looking into adding a PRS to the stable. I joined the forum as I had some questions about a used Custom 24 that's popped up near me.

Registered years ago but never posted.

Anyway, live in the London UK and played and owned PRS for about 15 years.
Preference has always been for older PRS guitars even since I picked up and played a PRS studio guitar and then got the PRS bug which has been both an enjoyable and expensive hobby as aside from occasional jam nights, I sadly haven't played a gig for years.

Welcome to the forum!

Hello everyone. Joined some time back but just now getting to introducing myself. In the winter I got hold of a 1990 Custom 10 top in tortoiseshell. The rough estimate of the serials (which gives a ballpark of 10100 as the last of the 1990 builds) is a little bit off, as the neck pickup cavity clearly has a November 12 1990 date written in it and my serial is 10124, with the leading 0 for 1990 of course. So it's a very late 1990, one of the very last from that run. Presumable Brazilian board and still in stock configuration with the Phase 1 wing tuners, solid Mann bridge, and the sweet switch. Original Vintage Bass in the neck and HFS at the bridge. I'm loving this guitar. It's heavy though, I just weighed it as 8 pounds 9 oz. I feel like that's the heaviest Custom 24 I've heard of, much less held. But it's still very resonant with great sustain. I'm very happy with it. Been bouncing back and forth between it and my SG, they each have their strengths but the one I keep in my office where I can reach it at any time is the PRS.

Body-Closeup-Adjusted.jpg

Very sweet top on that @Slowhands! Welcome to you and everyone else that's new, you're going to love it here.
It sure is. I remember back in the late '80s when I was in high school I devoured guitar magazines and there were ads for the various companies. Jackson, Charvel, B. C. Rich,Ibanez ... I knew them all. But there was this one I didn't know, never saw an artist with one, didn't know anyone who had one. 'Who the heck is Paul Reed Smith and what makes his guitars so special?'

I had no dough so all I could afford was a vintage SG (actually there was no such thing as vintage guitars then, so let me restate -- an old SG) and there was no way a PRS was ever the cards at the time. I still play SGs to this day but I finally got a PRS from that era and i can absolutely say 'oh, that's what the hype was about. Yeah, I get it!'

Hello everyone. Joined some time back but just now getting to introducing myself. In the winter I got hold of a 1990 Custom 10 top in tortoiseshell. The rough estimate of the serials (which gives a ballpark of 10100 as the last of the 1990 builds) is a little bit off, as the neck pickup cavity clearly has a November 12 1990 date written in it and my serial is 10124, with the leading 0 for 1990 of course. So it's a very late 1990, one of the very last from that run. Presumable Brazilian board and still in stock configuration with the Phase 1 wing tuners, solid Mann bridge, and the sweet switch. Original Vintage Bass in the neck and HFS at the bridge. I'm loving this guitar. It's heavy though, I just weighed it as 8 pounds 9 oz. I feel like that's the heaviest Custom 24 I've heard of, much less held. But it's still very resonant with great sustain. I'm very happy with it. Been bouncing back and forth between it and my SG, they each have their strengths but the one I keep in my office where I can reach it at any time is the PRS.

Body-Closeup-Adjusted.jpg
Great looking Custom

Hi All.

I'm Xavier, a French guy living in Switzerland. I've been playing on and off since the '90s when I was a student, but 10 years ago I decided I to do it more rigorously and also started with the expensive hobby of collecting guitars. around 15 for now, including 4 PRS (a core, a S2, and two SE).

I slowed down a bit recently as I need more walls to hang them. I will likely link pics later, but I need to post more messages.

Hi All.

I'm Xavier, a French guy living in Switzerland. I've been playing on and off since the '90s when I was a student, but 10 years ago I decided I to do it more rigorously and also started with the expensive hobby of collecting guitars. around 15 for now, including 4 PRS (a core, a S2, and two SE).

I slowed down a bit recently as I need more walls to hang them. I will likely link pics later, but I need to post more messages.

Slowed down a bit? That won’t last long if you spend much time looking here.
Welcome, and prepare to be influenced.

Back