Introduce yourself!

It's only polite to introduce ones self

And so I will.
I'll leave the name and job stuff for the sig.
I bought my first PRS used in 1988 or so, a Std24. I had heard of these, and got lucky enough to find one. Wish I still had it, but I sold it to buy a Super 400...
I play Klein guitars a lot. I have three. I know Lorenzo German pretty well. (Please, if you're one of his former customers, don't ask me to help you get your guitar that you ordered way back there, I have one on order too.). I try to keep my GAS disease under control, but guitars are tax write offs for me, so it's pretty easy to justify them.
After years of looking at them again, I bought a Hollowbody Spruce from Brian Meader when he was still at Washington Music Center near DC, three years ago. Then I bought a Studio from him last year. I love that too. It sounds different, and I like that. I want a P22.
I play jazz. Not much rock and roll. But I do like to get a variety of sounds from a guitar, and these do it.
I really admire PRSh's drive to make a really good instrument. I've never met him, but I'd like to. He seems to be just a bit obsessed about making things as good as he can, and I really like that.
My job is in the Maritime provinces of Canada, and there's not much available. I'd like to try one of the new amps, but there aren't any near me there.
Guitars are more fun than just about anything else.
I'm in.
HI, I am Roy and a avid lover of Blues Music. I play a little but, I am not a guitarist. I just Love to watch them play. I saaw a post about Howard Leese that p;ays with Paul Rodgers and Bad Company. That is who got me intersted in PRS guitars. I own a small Hydrographic shop and habe refinished a few Guitars. Almost got the guitarist from Guns^ Roses to let me do his. NOt Slash, the other short black haired guy with all the tatoos. I just founf hin on faacebook and asked. BUt, he sais hhe doesb't refurbish his, just lets them wear as they do. Nice to meet everyone and I hope to learn a lot hear aboput equipment, Equipment for home and Stage. Hey everyone

He is the one who got me interested in PRS Guitars and what a real Guitarist can make the do

Hey you bunch of LEGENDS! My name is Billy, I currently live in Australia and have been being very slack in the sense of not picking up the old axe for 10 years!!! Well, if anything good has come from this who Covid-19 it is that I finally have found my youth dream guitar 30 mins drive down the road... Paul Allender SE. It has been a long time coming and I have so much to learn/relearn but I am stoked beyond belief, the froth is real and I can not wait to continue my journey behind the neck of this weapon...

Background history:

Was in metal bands from the age of 12-19, picked up my first guitar at the age of 10. Listened to the usual Cradle of Filth, Cannibal Corpse, Pantera, Metallica, Ironmaiden, moved on to the likes of Between the Buried and Me, The Faceless and others within these genres/sub genres.

See you around.

Cheers,

Hiya! Just a girl from Portland OR, stopping in to say hello!

I just started learning guitar this year, literally right before the pandemic hit - what timing. Can't stop playing to be honest. Practice about 3+ hours a day at this point, very happy with my progress! I bought my first guitar at a local shop on a whim, epiphone bonnmassa, super nice as I love the semi-hollowbody.

Anyway, the next several weeks I spent obsessed with guitars and searching for good deals on reverb and ebay. I stumbled upon PRS guitars while searching and immediately fell in love with them. I love the birds in the fretboard, the overall style and they seemed to sound amazing. So I went down to a guitar center to play the SE 35th anniversary custom 24 and was in love! Neck profile was so comfortable and much smaller than my bonamassa, which is nice for my smaller hands. So I went to Reverb and found a used, but barely played one that I was able to get for much cheaper than brand new.

Only issue was it didn't stay in tune because the nut was absolutely trash.. So I learned how to replace the nut. Then replaced the tuners to gold grover rotomatic locking tuners, which are amazing and decided to upgrade the trem to a Mann made NOS2000 which is just beautiful. I like to tinker.. haha. I'll post on a different thread with my upgrades because I think it looks so much better now!

I have a pretty good job in computer security and plenty of disposable income, so I may have gone a bit overboard and bought.. possibly 2 more PRS.. My favorite thus far is a custom 22 semi-hollow ltd in violet blue burst. I can't get enough of it! Last purchase is a 2014 single cut in white. It was a super good deal and the previous owner upgraded the pickups to some seymour duncans and an adjustable stop tail bridge. Won't have that for another week, but I'm super excited!!

Ok, I'll stop yammering on now and just say that I love PRS and I'm sure I'll have more before the year is out.. I MIGHT be obsessed :3

I just started learning guitar this year, literally right before the pandemic hit - what timing. Can't stop playing to be honest. Practice about 3+ hours a day at this point, very happy with my progress! I bought my first guitar at a local shop on a whim, epiphone bonnmassa, super nice as I love the semi-hollowbody.

Anyway, the next several weeks I spent obsessed with guitars and searching for good deals on reverb and ebay. I stumbled upon PRS guitars while searching and immediately fell in love with them. I love the birds in the fretboard, the overall style and they seemed to sound amazing. So I went down to a guitar center to play the SE 35th anniversary custom 24 and was in love! Neck profile was so comfortable and much smaller than my bonamassa, which is nice for my smaller hands. So I went to Reverb and found a used, but barely played one that I was able to get for much cheaper than brand new.

Only issue was it didn't stay in tune because the nut was absolutely trash.. So I learned how to replace the nut. Then replaced the tuners to gold grover rotomatic locking tuners, which are amazing and decided to upgrade the trem to a Mann made NOS2000 which is just beautiful. I like to tinker.. haha. I'll post on a different thread with my upgrades because I think it looks so much better now!

I have a pretty good job in computer security and plenty of disposable income, so I may have gone a bit overboard and bought.. possibly 2 more PRS.. My favorite thus far is a custom 22 semi-hollow ltd in violet blue burst. I can't get enough of it! Last purchase is a 2014 single cut in white. It was a super good deal and the previous owner upgraded the pickups to some seymour duncans and an adjustable stop tail bridge. Won't have that for another week, but I'm super excited!!

Ok, I'll stop yammering on now and just say that I love PRS and I'm sure I'll have more before the year is out.. I MIGHT be obsessed :3

There you go - right into the deep end! Grats!

Welcome. Looking forward to your thread and photos.

Firstly, welcome to the forum!

Congrats on finding some instruments that make you happy. We're all a bit obsessed around here, and a bit on the enable-y side. When I first joined I think I was up to only my 3rd PRS in as many decades, just a year later and I've hit double digits. Beware!

This is a great place to find info on model history, and other minutia, so don't be afraid to ask questions!

Looking forward to your New Guitar Day posts!

Welcome aboard! Glad to see you did your homework and already got numbers 2 and 3 in the books.

But that doesn't stop the question...what's next?

Firstly, welcome to the forum!

Congrats on finding some instruments that make you happy. We're all a bit obsessed around here, and a bit on the enable-y side. When I first joined I think I was up to only my 3rd PRS in as many decades, just a year later and I've hit double digits. Beware!

This is a great place to find info on model history, and other minutia, so don't be afraid to ask questions!

Looking forward to your New Guitar Day posts!
Welcome aboard! Glad to see you did your homework and already got numbers 2 and 3 in the books.

But that doesn't stop the question...what's next?
Haha! Well the S2 Singlecut should be here tomorrow, that'll keep me occupied for at least a few days. But that's pretty much my budget on actual guitars for a while. That being said, I REALLY want to get a 12-string Hollowbody II. There is a violet one on Reverb I've been watching, but its pricey and I won't be able to afford it for a long time. That's really the next goal though. They sound so beautiful I could cry hehe

Hi PRS Forum. I used to be on the Birds and Moons forum and a little on Vintage Rocker. Over the years, I have read a lot of the posts here, but haven’t signed up until now. I have typically found that what I have to contribute has usually been said before I get to it, so no point cluttering up the threads with redundant information.

My first PRS was a Vintage Yellow CE-24 with birds way back in 1996. I sold that to some guy in Australia maybe 10 years ago. I currently have a Brent Mason Signature Model in Frost Blue Metallic with a rosewood fingerboard, an S2 Singlecut Semi-hollow in Tri-color Sunburst, and a 2 Channel Custom 50 112 combo. Of course, there are other brands in the mix, but that is my PRS gear.

I haven’t played in a band for over 20 years. When I did, we made some pretty good music but it didn’t go anywhere. Now I play alone with a looper. I enjoy it. I do something with other people every once in a while, but I don’t ever expect to be a gigging musician. If I spent half as much time playing as I do looking at gear online, I would be a much better player.

Back