Introduce yourself!

Hello everyone. First post here.

Just bought a SE semi-hollow as my 2nd guitar (1st is a Mexican Strat). Absolutely love the playability of this guitar and how it works in my hand.

Im I still relatively new to the world of guitar. (I wish my skill level matched my tendency to keep buying new $h!t, but it is what it is), so any feedback and advice is appreciated.

Regards,

I'm new to the forum as well as PRS. Bought my first PRS a couple of weeks back. Let's say a Christmas gift to myself.....an orange Santana SE model. I call her "Maria"...and she's a beaut! Glad to find this gathering of the minds on the net. Now, can someone tell me how in the world I post pics? Thanks

New guy here, not new PRS owner. I played my first PRS in 1987 and turned down a chance to own one (long story). I got mine in 1995, a whale blue Cu24. I've owned it since. It took me a very, very long time to appreciate the guitar for what it was, and stop looking for it to be something it's not. When paired with the right amp, the Cu24 is a formidable guitar. I had it worked over this past year (SS frets and a new nut by Philtone), and it's my #1 now. I'm a long time Strat and Tele player who is primarily blues and classic rock but wishes he could play jazz and fusion.

This past Christmas saw me get my second PRS guitar, one of the SE 7's in Royal Blue. I've wanted a 7 string for a while and this seemed like an accessible choice. This coming year is a big anniversary for my wife and I (she bought me my first one in 1995) and there may be at least one more PRS coming. I'm really thinking hard about either a hollowbody or a Studio for my next "big" purchase.

I'm new to the forum as well as PRS. Bought my first PRS a couple of weeks back. Let's say a Christmas gift to myself.....an orange Santana SE model. I call her "Maria"...and she's a beaut! Glad to find this gathering of the minds on the net. Now, can someone tell me how in the world I post pics? Thanks

New guy here, not new PRS owner. I played my first PRS in 1987 and turned down a chance to own one (long story). I got mine in 1995, a whale blue Cu24. I've owned it since. It took me a very, very long time to appreciate the guitar for what it was, and stop looking for it to be something it's not. When paired with the right amp, the Cu24 is a formidable guitar. I had it worked over this past year (SS frets and a new nut by Philtone), and it's my #1 now. I'm a long time Strat and Tele player who is primarily blues and classic rock but wishes he could play jazz and fusion.

This past Christmas saw me get my second PRS guitar, one of the SE 7's in Royal Blue. I've wanted a 7 string for a while and this seemed like an accessible choice. This coming year is a big anniversary for my wife and I (she bought me my first one in 1995) and there may be at least one more PRS coming. I'm really thinking hard about either a hollowbody or a Studio for my next "big" purchase.

Hello everyone. First post here.

Just bought a SE semi-hollow as my 2nd guitar (1st is a Mexican Strat). Absolutely love the playability of this guitar and how it works in my hand.

Im I still relatively new to the world of guitar. (I wish my skill level matched my tendency to keep buying new $h!t, but it is what it is), so any feedback and advice is appreciated.

Regards,

Welcome, one and all!

Jamie

Hey brothers
I live in Lebanon (Middle East), I fell in love with PRS guitars way back in 1986 when i read an article about the Cu24 in Guitar Player magazine
and what caught my attention was that this new creation could get me the sounds of Fender and Gibson guitars ans the some,plus the sexy shape was to die for
but being in a country riddled with civil war and political strife and still is till this day, there was no PRS dealer or a simple way to ship a guitar not to mention I couldn't afford
it at the time, I was 22 working in a video rental store and just started a band playing Iron Maiden,Scorpions, Dio covers etc...Playing modded fender guitars.
so I had to lust over a Cu22 for 22 years, when by Chance i was searching the net for PRS dealer in the Middle east and came across one in Dubai so i contacted him and got my first CU22 non 10 top
in McBurst with the rotary switch that i was uncomfortable with so i replaced with the Mc switching then the awesome 57/08's came out and i was quick to get an early set from the same dealer and i became a member in BaM.
but i got the fbj bug and i wanted one with a 10 top and old birds ( shallow I know ) and finally got one through Music Store live a very sweet Cu22 with old school birds,but 4 months later a studio guy that i know tried it and fell in love with and got it from me so I upgraded to the an AP 513 with IRW neck and MEII birds (my avatar) and now i'm a member here and on VR and i love every minute participating in both forums...
Nabil

Hi everyone- intermediate player here, living just outside Nashville. I messed around at guitar for a few years as a teenager, got frustrated & quit for about 15 yrs, then got the bug again about 2 yrs ago (along with an awful case of GAS!). I grabbed a Mahoney SE w/ Duncan Alnico2s off the Bay last year, on a lark, but out of about a dozen guitars I either own or have traded, it's easily my favorite- simple bridge, stays in tune, only 6.5 lbs, 24 frets, wide/thin neck & those little birdies- all the things I love. For Xmas I just got an 09 Starla. The pickups totally blow me away & my freakishly short pinkies appreciate the 24.5, but I'm having some tuning issues (even when I don't touch the Bigsby), so hopefully I can get some suggestions & learn to love it as much as my SE!

Last edited:
Hi Guys, another introduction coming up.....

I'm Reg, from Glasgow, Scotland, and I have been playing electric guitars (more recently PRS, but in the past several others...) for about 30 years. My current collection includes:
CE22 maple top with birds (I'm told this one is a bit rare due to the birds on a CE22)
CE24 mahogany
Std22 and a std24, both are satins (the 24 has the 20th anniversary birds)
2 Singlecuts, one in green, one in tigerstripe brown with great flame maple top (both SCs are satins)
A Modern Eagle II, blue, with an unfeasibly flamed top and the rosewood neck
A Custom22 with rosewood neck and a 10-top with amber flame
A McCarty with moons and a 10 top, whale blue
A black 305 (my only strat-type guitar)
I also have a Yamaha SG1300, and a Musciman Axis rosewood (floyd, and a neck that is just sublime).
The noisy end is a MESA BOOGIE MKIII, although this has not been used much in the last few years.

I enjoy reading about the guitars of the members here, and especially enjoy the pics of the guitars. I have several pics of my collection, and will aim to add some in due course.

Best Wishes,
Reg

Hello all, first post here. Looks to be a great community and I look forward to learning from you all.

I'm 47 years old and have lived in Southern California for the past 17 years although I grew up in Maryland and have been aware of PRS guitars since the mid-late '80's (saw my first one at Bill's Music in Catonsville and was immediately smitten).

Started playing when I was 11, so going on 37 years now, and have had just about every type of guitar there is at one time or another. Started out a Les Paul player and eventually became a Stratocaster player primarily. Always wanted a PRS but frankly could never quite afford it, then life happened and I lived happily with my Strats and LP for quite some time, never really thinking to go out any try much less buy any additional guitars. Then...

Happened to be at the shop picking up strings a couple of months ago and just happened to try out a Mira. I was immediately hooked, bought one, and it is easily the best guitar I have ever owned. Shortly after that I traded one of my Strats for an SE 245. I think I am in all the way now - my other Strat and my LP have had very little playing time since picking up the Mira and 245 and I am now thinking about a core model like a Custom 24 or 408.

Glad to be here!

G

Hi everyone! I am very glad to be in this forum!

Hi Me too.

I've been playing cheap crumy guitars since I was 15 and I'm 62 now. When I was 15 I had a second hand nylor string classical guitar I was trying to learn Santana and Jimi Hendrix on. Holy Smokes Makes one very humble. So trough 20 years I was a po boy had finally bought a Harmoney Acoustic for $20 and the neck was pulling up so it was'nt mutch fun but I still played it In 1985ish I bought a Epiphone Genesis MIJ That was better but still just liked to go visit the music stores and play a REAL Gibson SG or Fender Strat. In 1998 I bought a MIJ Strat arctic white with maple neck like Hendrix. That was fun but My hands were too big and clumsy on the narrow Fender Neck I liked the Gibson Neck but the sound was too muddy.

So When I retired at 51 in 2002 I axed myself What does Carlos Santana Play And what does Tom Jhonston of the Doobie Brothers Play, since I was a big fan of both. A guy a Skips Music said He plays a PRS I said a what? Do you have one? He said Were allmost sold out but we have a used one I picked it up and used the 6 second rule I read about. If you like it within the first 6 seconds its a good guitar. It was a CE22 maple top honey yellow loved the neck and it sounded great even though I was playing through a cheapo Line6 or summin 10 in speaker crap amp.

I took it home and played it trough my Fleamarket what a bargain $200 Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 Amp but sumin wasnt just right. I'm a great guy for buyers remorse. The PRS had a brown knot spot in the flame maple top and it was a hard tail. I thought if I was gonna get my bucket list guitar go trade it in. I called Skips and they got somore PRS in so I rushed down to see what they had Well by the time I got there they sold 2 of the 6 new ones. I chose a nice CE22 nickle covered Dragon Humbuckers and loved the Locking tuners which never go out of tune. This time I plugged into a Fender tube amp a twin or blues Jr or summin and exhaled and said yes this is the tone and feel I've been looking for. So $1900 for the PRS and I walked out the door a happy man. And now recently I have my Fender champ amp with a old 68 CTS 12in and a Eminence 10in Ragin Cajun speaker and its pretty good.

My next lust is a Santana PRS with birds and a Fender Bassman or Mesa Boogie. I have a 94 Stevie Ray Vaughan 40th anniversary Fender Strat and a Keef Richards dirty Telecaster too but to try and make Van Morrison Mick Taylor and Santana sounds I love my CE22.

I play in a old guy Garage Band we have played a few Birthday parties and mountain venues but We still mainly play for our own entertainment.

Hi Everyone. :shakehands:

I became a PRS owner yesterday! Now the proud owner of a Custom 22 in Orange Tiger. I will post some photos up when i've had a chance to take some half decent pictures.

The PRS joins a stable of a Classic Players 60's Strat in 3 tone sunburst, a USA Standard Strat in charcoal frost metallic, a Gibson CS339 in antique cherry, a Gibson Les Paul in iced tea, a Faith Venus electro acoustic and an old westfield electro acoustic.

I'm looking forward to learning more about all things PRS from you all........Thanks for having me!!

Back