Introduce yourself!

Hello everyone. I am the Funky Chicken. I have been kicking around various communities including the original PRS forum/BAM/TGP for quite a while now.
Abridged guitar history-
Started playing in the late '70s as a teen. Went to Berklee in '83 and switched to Bass (more gigs). Always buying and selling guitars from the very beginning. Bought a CE24 in August 1995 as it came off the UPS truck at Sam Ash in White Plains, NY where Ralph Perucci ran the guitar department when I was a kid. Still have it. Bought a beautiful McCarty in 2001 and sold it a few years later-I was not really into set-necks at the time.
While I have always loved my CE24, I wanted to build a diverse collection of guitars so I kind of drifted away from PRS. Bought and sold a few things, and now have nothing but keepers-still only 1 PRS. Most of my guitar money went to other things like wife/house/kid/etc.
What brought me back to PRS was the realization that one of the few "holes" in my small collection is an LP-style guitar. I started looking into Les Pauls, fueled by a rediscovery of Jimmy Page and other guitarists from my youth. The only problem is that I am an old coot now and I am pretty sensitive about the kind of companies that get my money. I would prefer not to patronize the maker of the "real" Les Paul for various reasons you can probably figure out for yourselves.
So...there will probably be a new PRS with one cutaway in my near future. I have a few in my sights right now. I am also real curious about whatever it is that Alex Lifeson claims to be working on with PRS, and I can see myself grabbing a few more PRSi to round out my wall.
My other guitars right now (besides the CE24) are a Suhr Pro Series T1 in Sonic Blue, an EBMM Steve Morse model from the 2005 LTD run in Buttercream (one of two that Jack Gretz ordered, and I believe those to be the only two produced), a 2012 American Standard Strat, a couple of Taylor Acoustics (514CE and 454 CE), and a couple of basses ('93 Music Man Sterling and a VERY early Lakland 4-94 Deluxe, s/n 276).
I live just outside Raleigh, NC and like to rattle the walls in the basement. No gigging right now-kinda over all of that.

I’m a gen. X-er and started playing guitar in the early days of MTV. My first guitar was a Washburn electric with 3 single coils that I bought with a small solid state amp for $150 from Buddy Gray’s music in Tuscaloosa, AL in 1988. Went to a lot of concerts back in my day – groups such as Ratt, Night Ranger, Bon Jovi, Van Halen, etc. I dreamed of owning a PRS for many years as I was a big fan of Ted Nugent and Alex Lifeson who both played PRSi at some time. Finally purchased my first PRS ( a late 90’s swamp ash special) in 2002 which sadly I sold at some point later. My most recent PRS purchases are a 2 channel H combo and a 2010 Mira. I also have a 2003 Singlecut trem. I have recently started to play at some open jams and have been taking some lessons to learn some theory/new techniques.
IMG_0397_zps508ca910.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0376_zps4f822a71.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0353_zps7604da8a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Hi, new member here. I'm in the market for my first PRS. Still undecided which model. Current favourite is the 408.

I became a PRS owner today. Im still a beginner so I can't make this thing scream yet. :)

I figured I'd get a used PRs first, learn to play, then get something sweet in the future.

1016423_10201569232736281_186334111_n.jpg

Hey, another new member. Been a huge fan of prs guitars since ..... Forever. Been playing since I was 17 and never looked back. I wanted to play so bad my dad went ahead and bought an American strat as my first guitar. I know right? I promised him I would learn to play and stick with it. Obviously I did and I still have the strat. I have owned several other USA guitars that were made by the "g" company but never stopped dreaming of owning a prs. Some of my favorite players are mark tremonti, Alex lifeson, ted nugent just to name a few. In 2007 I made a bold move and sold some gear and bought my first prs, ce22 in whale blue. Loved that guitar and was very proud. 3 years later my wife ordered me my dream guitar, the tremonti. She ordered it in a quilt top in fire red burst. When it came in, the guys at the store said that it was a unique one piece quilt top and I was a very lucky man, for the guitar and the wife. Although I don't have the ce22 anymore, I recently brought home a 2013 custom 22 in makena blue. Bought it from the same store where the tremonti was ordered. I hope to expand my prs collection but for now it's all about enjoying playing music and sharing my passion for the prs guitar.

Last edited:
Hi there, my daughter has been learning the guitar for a couple of years now and as she seemed to have a flare for it we got her a custom 24 SE (Spoilt, yes I know!). We were fortunate enough to attend an evening with PRS where she met Paul who was just great and signed her guitar. She tried a P22 and has decided that she now has to become successful enough to buy one of those in the future...

Anyway here is a video that she had posted a couple of days ago. Hope you enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
hiya all i just joined, spent years trying to find the perfect les paul and decided there aint one so i bought this sc245 (in profile pic) job done !!!!!!!!!!

Hi:
My name is Jeffrey, and this is my first post. I have my first PRS guitar in transit as I write this, and I will post pics when it arrives. It is a Zach Meyers SE Signature in Trampas Green. I am quite excited about it.

Back