Introduce yourself!

Hey everyone my name is Kevin. Just joined and thought I'd introduce myself. I've been a lover of guitars all my life it seems, but only have started learning for about 3 months now. Just bought my first PRS a couple days ago and cannot seem to put it down, it's a SE Custom 24 tobacco burst. I went to GC to buy a new guitar and played around with about a dozen or so. Then I picked up this beauty and it just felt right. Played a few notes and couldn't fork over the cash fast enough.

Hi, my name is Felix. I'm a long-time lurker but first-time poster. ...I have some questions about my PRSi, but thought I should do the intro thing first.

I have been a PRS owner since 2009: I bought my much-beloved 2008 CE-22 new in September, 2009 (yes, a "NOS PRS" (by one year, anyway)) and bought my 2013 PRS Hollowbody II last November (2013) and love both of them dearly.

I bought my HB II from Clint at Martin Music in Memphis. He is a terrific guy from which to buy a guitar -- he seems very well-informed; he gave me honest information, as well as his own subjective opinions (which not every salesperson will do); and he was quite patient with me. I'd also like to give Eric Martin, the store's owner, props for the excellent service and personal attention he gave me when I was having some problems with my guitar and the PTC. Martin Music is a terrific store / PRS dealer, and I am a very satisfied customer! Eric, you're the best! May Martin Music prosper greatly!

The PTC, on the other hand -- well, let's just say I am less than thrilled with their work. I do have to say thanks to PRS' Shawn Nuthall for his efforts to make me happy (-just as a case in point (no pun intended), he sent me a brand-new case for a minor problem with the original, which he certainly did not have to do!). I'm still not happy with the work they (the PTC) did on my guitars, but Shawn has been good to me through it all.

Both of my PRSi are beautiful, toneful machines and I will very likely buy another PRS when I decide to get another new guitar (even if I have had a few problems with the PTC). My Hollowbody II, in particular, with its 57/08TM pups, is capable of delivering what is to my ears very close to a perfect (sweet and soulful, PAF-style) guitar tone. I'd love to have a PRS with 53/10s (which I have heard are sweeter in the upper registers than the 57/08s; is that possible? -The clips I've heard say maybe so!) ...or even just a set of the pickups themselves.

I guess that's it: I'm Felix, I'm a PRS fanatic (if not the best player) and I dearly love my CE-22 and my Hollowbody II. -Oh, and of course how Martin Music has simply given me the best service for which I could ask. Kudos, guys!

Last edited:
Just joined this forum.
Have owned a 96 Custom 24 10 top since 1999.
Just bought a 2013 NF3 McCarty burst with maple/birds from Moore Music (killer deal).
I hear they have discontinued the NF3's?

Anyways, I'm a pro musician from So Cal (the OC) and have an all original band called "Pet Shark" (www.petsharkband.com) that provides direct support for lot's of huge acts.
The music is instrumental melodic/shred ala Satriani/ Vai/ Rush/ Dream Theater, etc..
We are currently recording our second album, possibly to be produced by Gary Hoey.

Anyways, blessings to all here.

Just call me Wolfie. Here is my past and present PRS arsenal, all were purchased new. Contemplating getting a singlecut or Tremonti

current
1991 Custom 24: whale blue, birds, tune-o-matic & stop tail
1996 CE-22: emerald green, birds, trem, gold hardware

past
1993 Custom 24: vintage burst, moons, trem, chrome hw (if you bought one like this from an ad in an internet newsgroup from a guy in CA, I'll double what you paid me ;-)
1998 Custom 22: black cherry, birds, dragon 2s, trem (hated it, sold it)

Hello... noob here but not any new to PRS guitars. Within the last 10 years (been playing since '90) I've owned a few Santana SEs and Tremonti SEs. My recent acquisition is an SE Bernie Marsden, which by far IMO has been the best SE I have owned.

I will also be picking up an SE 20 combo amp from a local GC soon; they had it on Clearance for a price that I still can't sleep to believe in.

Next on the list to own sometime is an SE Custom 24.

I've been creeping around here for about month or so, the First time I ever saw a PRS was in Chuck Levin's Music Center in Wheaton MD in 1986. I think I may have even taken my sax to to Paul's repair shop in Annapolis, but I'm not sure it they fixed it there or not, but I remember the furniture store. I was fortunate to meet Paul at the Summer NAMM in Nashville in 2004. I love craftsmanship of the "Core" models, however with the release of the S2 series it has peaked my interest in owning a PRS, I have been playing "Super Strats" for years or some variation of guitar with a tremolo (I have never owned a hard tail guitar), however after playing the Mira I was hooked, so in the coming months I plan to treat myself with S2, the Mira or Singlecut, who knows maybe both. So what better way to get an education on PRS then thru the "Forums"....I look forward to reading and occasionally posting....Jim

Hi all, have been trying to land my first PRS. My eye is on a CE model. Here trying to soak up any info I can. Live in KY. Hopefully, within the next week I will post some NGD pics.

Hey, people!

I'll join the PRS family soon because I just ordered a SE Clint Lowery and I'm kinda excited about it. I do still own a Yamaha RGX220DZ and a Dean Flying V Dave Mustaine but I guess Flying V is not suiting me anymore. So I wanted 24 frets and no tremolo and this beast showed up. Yay!

Cheers!

Greetings. I became a PRS owner in 2011 finally. I have the dual humbucker base very well covered by great guitars from other USA guitar makers, but when PRS introduced the 305, it caught my eye. Like a Strat in some ways, but with unique twists. I got the seafoam green one in 2011, and then the sunburst one in November 2013. In late 2013, the Swamp Ash Special Narrow Field caught my interest. The local GC didn't have one of those, but they had a gorgeous McCarty narrow Field that caught my eye, and in January 2014 I got it. It's one of the most stunning guitars I've ever seen.
I have a big GC credit card bill to pay off now, but some very cool guitars in my home studio.
P1010098_zps302b0269.jpg

p1010064_zpsb6d643d9.jpg

Greetings. I became a PRS owner in 2011 finally. I have the dual humbucker base very well covered by great guitars from other USA guitar makers, but when PRS introduced the 305, it caught my eye. Like a Strat in some ways, but with unique twists. I got the seafoam green one in 2011, and then the sunburst one in November 2013. In late 2013, the Swamp Ash Special Narrow Field caught my interest. The local GC didn't have one of those, but they had a gorgeous McCarty narrow Field that caught my eye, and in January 2014 I got it. It's one of the most stunning guitars I've ever seen.
I have a big GC credit card bill to pay off now, but some very cool guitars in my home studio.
P1010098_zps302b0269.jpg

p1010064_zpsb6d643d9.jpg

Very nice! Welcome!

Hello everyone i'm A-J,im from the Netherlands and i own a Custom 22 from 2003 and a McCarthy (wich is the most awsome guitar ever!!
From 1999
Blondie:
imagejpeg

Yoki Bear:
imagejpeg

imagejpeg

imagejpeg

Perhaps not that much for all of you but i love em and fellt like showing em

Greetz

Hi I'm Mike.
I bought my first guitar 35 years ago when I was 12. I've owned many guitars since then, many pieces of junk but as I've gotten older I find I like (and can afford) much better quality. So I've decided to get a PRS.
And one of these days I may even take some lessons and learn to play.

Hey, I'm new here. I'm from KS, previously owned a 25th Anniversary Custom 24, sold it for reasons I'm still not entirely sure of (part of it being I'm not really a trem guy), and now am thinking that I need to get one of the new Zach Myers SE's whenever they start showing up in stores again. Ended up lurking here recently in search of one of these elusive SE's, and figured I might as well join and actually do some interacting with all of you very knowledgeable individuals.

Back