Introduce yourself!

Hi!

My name is Anders. I just joined the forum.
I just got my first PRS. PRS-SE SVN and I absolutely love it. Incredible versatile guitar!
I hope to find good tips and tricks in all aspects of playing and owning a guitar, and maybe I could give some advice as well.
I am from Norway, so my English isn´t totally fluid, bare with me :)

Best regards
Anders

Welcome Anders, glad to hear that PRS are viable up there in Norway!

Hello from France to all my brothers from PRS community!!!

My name is Alex, Im a male nurse, I was born in May 26th 1982 in La Rochelle in France from pretty poor parents, but I honestly think I was lucky enought to have good people as familly, full and generous with love, and my mother could bring and buy 90% of the gear I was looking for, but keep in mind a beautifull guitar...

I started to play guitar a little less than 25 years and I always thinking about to buy a PRS.
Sure they aren't not cheap, but as a former employee of a music shop I knew by trusty people those guitars totally worth the price...

So, almost 5 weeks ago I saw that PRS was releasing a limited edition (only in Europe) of the PRS SE Custom 24 with a roasted maple neck and fretboard. I almost thought PRS done this guitar especiqlly for me!!!

I thought it would be a good compromise to be able to afford the high end SE series (it's a 1000$ axe!! Not a cheap one too, isn't it...?!) of my prefered PRS model before to think about spending 4/5K$ (3500 to 4500€) on the most desirable models...

In fact that's definitely one of the best intuition I ever had.
Seriously, I'm a nobody guy, PRS doesn't give a sh*t about assholes like me, and they definitely doesn't gain anything to endorse a dude like myself and/or even no gain to send me gear in exchange of a "good review" on the forum.prsguitars.com (a good or a bad review is completely subjective, and to be honest it belongs to the person who write it...!!!) but to return to the original subject of this sentence, the value of the gear offer to people who share amateur reviews videos by PRS will don't have any influence on the PRS business...

These guitares are wonderful, the price quality is just amazing, they upgrade the wrong parts on the first batch and everybody are definitely agree about the amazing work PRS done on this SE 85/15 for their wonderfull Cort/Korean factory guitar.

To finish this too long post (and I try to write all the precisions and informations that I think would be usefull for these beauty that is PRS Guitars) I received and open the guitar box on August 2nd 2019, I tried to chek intonations and tunings and they were all spot on!!!

So as you can see it's huge problem in my life: I'm single, saddly without kids, and I don't have to ask anybody to buy a new guitar, but this time it a 4k$ to 5k$ jewel.

But the saddest thing was directly when I hopenned and take in this guitar on my belly, playing acoustically, I was nearly 90% sure I will be condamned to buy this iconic and well-deserved reputation of excellence, even at 5k$!! It's well deserved...

So, today the August 5th 2019, I played my wonderfull PRS SE Custom 24, with only complain about pickups for the first series (I'm very lucky enough to have the upgrade pickups set version 85/15SE which is high end middle range or the USA 85/15!!), and nearly 10 minutes (yes you read correctly!!) of playing, YES ONLY 10 MINUTES, I was sure that this Custom 24 10 Top will become my future jewel/beauty/workhorse!!

All these experiences have openned my eyes on what level of craftmenship you must have to be able to product those marvellous guitar, that's just a sign of your investisment in the production process and attention to detail...!!!
And PRS knows to do that!! The USA factory is an example for all guitars factories in the world, but the Korean/Cort one they used for their PRS SE Custom 24/Custom 22 and Mc Carty with roasted maple neck prooves us how PRS is able to find one of the only factory which is able to do it with wonderfull quality process!!

The last word I have is god bless PRS and hope to be able to buy you my dream Custom 24!??
We love you PAUL, you inspired such a lot of musicians, such a lot of us... You are an icon PAUL!!

All this longer post to tell you HELLO to PRS owner's friends!! Iope I will be able to post pics of my little beauty.
Especially when I will rebuild all the electronic wirings, make a professionnal shielding, put a capacitor (like a good old PIO from russian "OTK" surpplus, or a simple bumblebee but I'm not fan at all with these bumblebee, way to expensive for dead caps...) and load her with a set of Seymour Duncan: Duncan Distortion in bridge position and Duncan Full Shred for the neck position!!! . (The Full Shred in neck version is an 8 kohms resistance and are very sweet and soft, precise, articulate and maybe a little brighter that others models, it's not a high gain pickups, it's more like an overwound PAF coupled with the traditionnal Duncan Distortion which will be, for my taste, a good starting point to find the right combinations of this pickups set...

Have a nice day to everybody, please be kind to pardon my horrible and rusty english...
Cheers from France, all the best for all the guitarists of this forum and their beloved one!!!

Best regards,
Alex.

PS: if some of you, my US brothers love to taste and drink French red wines (or white, rosé or maybe Champagne wines, as you want) I can send it some bottles at a price that will be way more cheaper even with the shippment included in this price compare to USA import French wines price...
French postal service have a very efficient shipment boxes for glass wine bottles they provide to send wines overseas so don't be afraid you will be able to enjoy the bedt wines you ever taste!!! (This is sacarsm, good wines are all around the world...)

Last edited:
Hi. My name is Dan. I just joined the forum, though I’ve been a follower for some time.

I have a Pauls’ Guitar, a Brushstroke 24, and a reclaimed wood CE 24. My favorite is the PG. I just got it back from the PTC last week. They installed a Narrowfield middle pickup and a 3-way toggle, off-on-middle only. They did an outstanding job. Kudos to Matt King and the rest of the team! I think adding it is the best guitar-related decision I ever made. I look forward to posting some pictures at some point.

I’ve been playing guitar for a long time. I’ve dabbled in mandolin in recent years.

My favorite amp is a Tungsten Crema Wheat. So simple and great sounding.

Looking forward to participating!

Hi. My name is Dan. I just joined the forum, though I’ve been a follower for some time.

I have a Pauls’ Guitar, a Brushstroke 24, and a reclaimed wood CE 24. My favorite is the PG. I just got it back from the PTC last week. They installed a Narrowfield middle pickup and a 3-way toggle, off-on-middle only. They did an outstanding job. Kudos to Matt King and the rest of the team! I think adding it is the best guitar-related decision I ever made. I look forward to posting some pictures at some point.

I’ve been playing guitar for a long time. I’ve dabbled in mandolin in recent years.

My favorite amp is a Tungsten Crema Wheat. So simple and great sounding.

Looking forward to participating!

Thanks for joining! Put in a couple more posts, then start a pic thread of your axes!

Just joined to chat PRS guitars. My name is Andrew, and I'm a PhD student at UW-Madison trying to finish up and move on from graduate school so that I have more time to play guitar! Been on-and-off this forum for a number of years but finally made the move to join and talk with other PRS players since I am currently moving some guitars and buying others-more contacts and a broader perspective of what is available is always a positive. Glad to be here and look forward to participating. Thanks all!

Just joined to chat PRS guitars. My name is Andrew, and I'm a PhD student at UW-Madison trying to finish up and move on from graduate school so that I have more time to play guitar! Been on-and-off this forum for a number of years but finally made the move to join and talk with other PRS players since I am currently moving some guitars and buying others-more contacts and a broader perspective of what is available is always a positive. Glad to be here and look forward to participating. Thanks all!

Welcome to the forum!

That's a killer stable!
Thanks man! I’m actually planning to sell the Super Eagle II pretty quickly here. I know there isn’t a formal emporium on here, but are there any places where it would be appropriate to post some photos and info to see if any of the big PRS fans here would be interested? I’m not trying to violate any of the policies here!

Cheers

Welcome! What's your field of study?

PRS guy from waaaay back! Visited Paul's old shop at 33 West St. back in the 70's, but did not become a serious guitar player until much later. Grew up in Maryland, so there's a sense of pride know that they are built here. Have owned many models over the years, but sold them all due to a very ill family member. I'm now rebuilding my collection from scratch starting with the guitar in my avatar (can't post any pix yet). It's a McCarty 594 LTD Chuck Levin's 60th Anniversary (1 of 6) with brazilian fretboard / headstock veneer, wood library ash body, flame maple top, absynth private stock stain, flame maple neck and pearl outlined abalone birds. Will be purchasing a Private Stock Paul's guitar later this year. Great to be here!

PRS guy from waaaay back! Visited Paul's old shop at 33 West St. back in the 70's, but did not become a serious guitar player until much later. Grew up in Maryland, so there's a sense of pride know that they are built here. Have owned many models over the years, but sold them all due to a very ill family member. I'm now rebuilding my collection from scratch starting with the guitar in my avatar (can't post any pix yet). It's a McCarty 594 LTD Chuck Levin's 60th Anniversary (1 of 6) with brazilian fretboard / headstock veneer, wood library ash body, flame maple top, absynth private stock stain, flame maple neck and pearl outlined abalone birds. Will be purchasing a Private Stock Paul's guitar later this year. Great to be here!
That is a solid restart.
Welcome to the forum.

Two words: Le-git

I see that friendly face in your avatar with you representin' Chucks! Did I happen to see you there a few months ago, when PRSh did a visit and unveiling for Chuck's 60th?

Last edited:
Two words: Le-git

I see that friendly face in your avatar with you representin' Chucks! Did I happen to see you there a few months ago, when PRSh did a visit and unveiling for Chuck's 60th?
No, I missed that, I wish I could have been there.

No, I missed that, I wish I could have been there.

It was pretty cool and laid back. PRSh came and they held it in the studio building next door to the store. He just hung out, and shared stories about Chuck's from "back in the day". IIRC, he (PRSh) started his career working on repairs that came into Chuck Levins, working on guitars, amps, etc. I think I remember him talking about the music scene in the 70's and 80's, and how Chuck Levins' was THE place. I believe he might have said that Chuck's was the first place to offer PRS guitars for sale, or at least one of the very first to place an order, when PRSh took the show on the road to drum up sales.

Very small, chill, intimate event. PRSh always brings a cool, laid back vibe to events. At the end they presented Chuck's family w/a beautiful guitar, and PRSh did some signings.

Definitely a great time, and so glad that I got to be part of it.

Greetings from the Outer Banks NC!
I started playing guitar about 1972, I was given a Silvertone Acoustic. Since then I have owned many guitars. Just recently bought a 2019 SE Custom 25 Vintage Zebra Wood. I love it! Wished I made the decision a long time ago.

Back