Introduce yourself!

hello everyone! Long time lurker here. Been meaning to add a PRS to my stable for over a decade but havent pulled the trigger yet.

Been drooling lately over DGTs and 594s. Ill decide on something soon eventually!

Welcome to the forum!

Hi everyone, long time lurker.

Recently purchased a PRS SE custom 24 roasted maple neck, fell in love with it the minute I saw it. Was a treat to myself for getting through some personal health issues.

Been after a PRS since I first started playing guitar and now I have one it's everything I hoped it to be! Played guitar on and off for 13 years, bit of a gear junkie and have a weakness to modifying cheap guitar which is probly the reason it took me so long to get a PRS!

Hi everyone, long time lurker.

Recently purchased a PRS SE custom 24 roasted maple neck, fell in love with it the minute I saw it. Was a treat to myself for getting through some personal health issues.

Been after a PRS since I first started playing guitar and now I have one it's everything I hoped it to be! Played guitar on and off for 13 years, bit of a gear junkie and have a weakness to modifying cheap guitar which is probly the reason it took me so long to get a PRS!

Welcome to the forum! Congrats on your first PRS, and bigger congrats on overcoming your health issues.

Hey everyone. Just signed up and I'm looking forward to the discussion. Been playing for a number of years. Got into it as a pre-teen. Faded some in my 30s but picked back up in my 40s. Really started gather some gear and just enjoy ripping off some blues/rock style tunes. Big influences are Rhodes, SRV, Lynch, and Nuno. Also really love Tremonti. I've had a few guitars over the years. First guitar was an Aria that I swapped the neck on to an ESP and added a SD pick up to for the 80s metal sound. Recently pick up a Line 6 Helix and really love just trying all kinds of crazy new sounds.Found PRS a handful of years ago and now have 2. Adding to the collection soon.

Hey everyone. Just signed up and I'm looking forward to the discussion. Been playing for a number of years. Got into it as a pre-teen. Faded some in my 30s but picked back up in my 40s. Really started gather some gear and just enjoy ripping off some blues/rock style tunes. Big influences are Rhodes, SRV, Lynch, and Nuno. Also really love Tremonti. I've had a few guitars over the years. First guitar was an Aria that I swapped the neck on to an ESP and added a SD pick up to for the 80s metal sound. Recently pick up a Line 6 Helix and really love just trying all kinds of crazy new sounds.Found PRS a handful of years ago and now have 2. Adding to the collection soon.

Welcome to the forum

Hey folks, just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I've just recently picked up a new SE Custom 22 SH and have been lurking here for a few weeks checking out the site and gathering info. It seems like a nice place to hang out and hopefully, between work and kids, I'll have a chance to post now and then..

Greetings. New to this forum and a first time PRS owner as of this week, having gotten a new SE 245. Love it. I have been primarily a Fender player since starting out 25 years ago, but ?i now have full blown PRS fever. Looking at the Mira and Starla as my next acquisition.

Hi and welcome. What version of the Mira and Starla are you interested in?

Paul

Hello All,

Been playing for years, rock and jazz and cleans. Have several nice guitars but never a PRS, nor do I play metal. I was at Guitar Center last week and playing guitars in their used section and saw this PRS Dustie Waring signature guitar. Had no idea what it was. Started playing it through a Fender Blues Deluxe and it sounded amazing. The cleans! I went home and googled it and read and watched YouTubes on it. Come to find out Dustie is a heavy metal player, and apparently the guitar does that well... he tunes down to C# I understand.

Anyway, I went back and purchased it on their 45 day trial. This guitar is VERY different from all my others. I have never had a floyd rose, so this is a learning curve. The tones are delicious played clean. I will probably post some questions on it on the forum. But if anyone has some good links to read up on it more I would be grateful to get them. For example, I have yet to find good documentation on what the pickup selector is doing. I am thinking position 2 and 4 are split coil?

Glad to be here for now. Hope to learn some. Again, I am not a metal player, but love cleans and rock and jazz, and this beast has them in it.

~ jiagap

Hello All,

Been playing for years, rock and jazz and cleans. Have several nice guitars but never a PRS, nor do I play metal. I was at Guitar Center last week and playing guitars in their used section and saw this PRS Dustie Waring signature guitar. Had no idea what it was. Started playing it through a Fender Blues Deluxe and it sounded amazing. The cleans! I went home and googled it and read and watched YouTubes on it. Come to find out Dustie is a heavy metal player, and apparently the guitar does that well... he tunes down to C# I understand.

Anyway, I went back and purchased it on their 45 day trial. This guitar is VERY different from all my others. I have never had a floyd rose, so this is a learning curve. The tones are delicious played clean. I will probably post some questions on it on the forum. But if anyone has some good links to read up on it more I would be grateful to get them. For example, I have yet to find good documentation on what the pickup selector is doing. I am thinking position 2 and 4 are split coil?

Glad to be here for now. Hope to learn some. Again, I am not a metal player, but love cleans and rock and jazz, and this beast has them in it.

~ jiagap

Welcome to the space!

It just goes to show, PRSi transcend genres, even the ones at which they are aimed!

Hi,
just ordered my first PRS a SE 24 Std. I am newly retired and want to learn more about playing guitar and get to the point I am confident playing in front of friends and family. I wanted to start off with a new guitar and after trying a friend's SE, it felt comfortable to me. So I figured I would start with Std and go from there.
thanks
Bud

Hey Bud!

Welcome to the forum, you have picked a solid instrument to start on! It should definitely facilitate making learning as easy as possible.

Have fun!

I'm echos. I bought my first PRS about 2 years ago. A Willcutt limited wood Ted McCarty DC245. Yeah, nice one to break the ice with. Best guitar I've ever played. That was quickly followed by a 25th Aniv 305 and 25th Mira. Maybe in the not too distant future ill grab me a DGT, but I'm content for now. Look forward to soaking up some knowledge on PRS from you guys.

Thanks
Hi, I'm not familiar with the 25th Mira. I have 2 08 Mira s , so far. Lol

My name is Doug and I am a Custom 22 owner since 2001! I have a great emerald green one-off that is sadly for sale. I have always had an affinity for PRS guitars and I will own another one someday. Right now times are tough and we have two little ones and could use some extra dough. PRS guitars are so versatile and intonate so well its just crazy. Ive never played anything like them and its such a unique company and I have owned many other guitars. They have a special something for sure.
Is it on ebay?

Hey Bud!

Welcome to the forum, you have picked a solid instrument to start on! It should definitely facilitate making learning as easy as possible.

Have fun!
Thanks, looking forward to getting it and expanding my playing!

Hi, about to get my PRS no.5 and thought it'd be a good idea to join. Selling off all my non-PRS guitars, because everytime I pick up a PRS, it feels like home. I can simply play everything I imagine (whereas I stumble a bit on other guitar brands excepting Suhr), it just flows. I am currently waiting for a fifth PRS (it's in transit), here's a teaser:

prs-teaser.jpg

Hi, about to get my PRS no.5 and thought it'd be a good idea to join. Selling off all my non-PRS guitars, because everytime I pick up a PRS, it feels like home. I can simply play everything I imagine (whereas I stumble a bit on other guitar brands excepting Suhr), it just flows. I am currently waiting for a fifth PRS (it's in transit), here's a teaser:

prs-teaser.jpg

I’m hopeful that no.5 is a DGT Gold top. Welcome!

Hi all, I am new here. I was a member at the original PRS Forum, then the Gear Page, BaM, VR ... all of them :) Now I have found this forum.

I play at 2008 Mira and a 1997 CE24 ... I will post pics later, just wanted to say hi !
A belated welcome. I just bought my 2nd 08 Mira. Lovein life

Hi!

My name is Anders. I just joined the forum.
I just got my first PRS. PRS-SE SVN and I absolutely love it. Incredible versatile guitar!
I hope to find good tips and tricks in all aspects of playing and owning a guitar, and maybe I could give some advice as well.
I am from Norway, so my English isn´t totally fluid, bare with me :)

Best regards
Anders

Back