Introduce yourself!

It does the job... I only use it to boost the 3 analog channels and perfect for what I need to take clean-blues/blues-crunch/rhythm-lead...

New to the group and to PRS. Actually new to guitar altogether, as I just started last month.

I bought a new Telecaster on a whim (Fender American Professional) and within a week found a new Martin 000-15M acoustic had also moved in to my house. Love them both, but also wanted something fatter in electric tone and while I was leaning towards a Les Paul I ended up buying a used 2010 McCarty with the 57/08 pickups (it should arrive next week).

I am coming to this late in life, for the second time actually. I tried to get going about 20-years-ago, but a more than full-time job, a young child, army reserve service and law school at night all conspired against me and I barely learned a few chords before giving it up. I’m 51 now with more time, more money and more patience, and so far after just one month, a lot more progress. I’m actually switching between chords in a somewhat musical fashion (can’t do barre chords well yet) and can muddle through a few pentatonic scales without error (or speed).

Now on to palm-muting.

Welcome to the forums Asia. Highly reccomended to put your wallet under lock and key around here.

My wallet is fine for now. I've got three very high-quality guitars (plus a little Traveler mini for business and military travel), a great sounding amp (Fender Blues Jr. IV with Wampler PlexiDrive Deluxe) and a decent teacher along with two separate online programs.

I'm sure I'll be tempted by another guitar soon enough, but hopefully what I have pretty much has me covered, at least tonally.

Yup! I love tele’s almost as much as PRS. They’re a blast to play and when you get one that vibes with you they’re hard to let go.

Hi all... doing this a bit backwards, as my first post was in another forum!

I remember being aware of PRS guitars back in the late '80s when I saw Santana playing his. I am a huge fan of his, he was my first guitar hero as kid - but I never really wanted to cop his licks or sound. However in spite of that, due to some funny bias on my part I never really engaged with PRS guitars.

I tried a few out in the shops in the '90s, but I was a bit of a snob... to my narrow mind PRS didn't have the legitimacy (?!) of Gibson or Fender, they didn't sound like them either, and they were too pretty, too perfect. Plus - a lot of the newer bands tended to play them - and I didn't dig their tones or music either.

Years later a mate came by to record at my studio with an SE model. Not only was I blown away at how easy it was to play, I was amazed at how good it sounded through my rig. I started to re-evaluate my silly prejudice. After all, a guitar is a tool - and ideally you want the best tool for the job, one that lets you communicate your ideas without struggling.

So... for my birthday I resolved to try out a few PRS guitars, which isn't the easiest thing as there aren't many dealers who stock them where I live (England). Plus - I wanted to try out a Santana. I found a place in London that had a Santana SE, plus a Custom 24 in Trampas Green. I was taken with them, although I didn't want to pick up either at this point.

I managed to locate a Santana Retro here in the UK that had the exact colour I was after, and aside from a shrill bridge pickup, I was really, really impressed with the guitar. The attention to detail, the tone, the playability - all top-notch.

I decided to invest more in these instruments, so during a trip to the USA I picked up 3 more... a '90s Santana (number #75), a Custom 24 in Trampas green w/ a piezo and lastly a Custom 22 12-string. I am blown away at the quality of these instruments, the materials used, the design etc... but most importantly the sounds. They don't really sound like other guitars - they sound like themselves. Which is fine with me, as I'm not tempted to cop anyone else's licks :-D I play a wide variety of music and try to use a palette of different sounds, to have instruments of this quality in my collection makes me feel very lucky indeed.

I do have to admit that aside from the Custom 24, the other 3 PRSi are second-hand - but they are in such good condition that it is a credit to PRS for using such durable materials. I had an EBMM Van Halen guitar that was a lovely shade of purple, which soon degraded to an ugly grey, but these guitars don't seem to have faded at all.

Hi all... doing this a bit backwards, as my first post was in another forum!

I remember being aware of PRS guitars back in the late '80s when I saw Santana playing his. I am a huge fan of his, he was my first guitar hero as kid - but I never really wanted to cop his licks or sound. However in spite of that, due to some funny bias on my part I never really engaged with PRS guitars.

I tried a few out in the shops in the '90s, but I was a bit of a snob... to my narrow mind PRS didn't have the legitimacy (?!) of Gibson or Fender, they didn't sound like them either, and they were too pretty, too perfect. Plus - a lot of the newer bands tended to play them - and I didn't dig their tones or music either.

Years later a mate came by to record at my studio with an SE model. Not only was I blown away at how easy it was to play, I was amazed at how good it sounded through my rig. I started to re-evaluate my silly prejudice. After all, a guitar is a tool - and ideally you want the best tool for the job, one that lets you communicate your ideas without struggling.

So... for my birthday I resolved to try out a few PRS guitars, which isn't the easiest thing as there aren't many dealers who stock them where I live (England). Plus - I wanted to try out a Santana. I found a place in London that had a Santana SE, plus a Custom 24 in Trampas Green. I was taken with them, although I didn't want to pick up either at this point.

I managed to locate a Santana Retro here in the UK that had the exact colour I was after, and aside from a shrill bridge pickup, I was really, really impressed with the guitar. The attention to detail, the tone, the playability - all top-notch.

I decided to invest more in these instruments, so during a trip to the USA I picked up 3 more... a '90s Santana (number #75), a Custom 24 in Trampas green w/ a piezo and lastly a Custom 22 12-string. I am blown away at the quality of these instruments, the materials used, the design etc... but most importantly the sounds. They don't really sound like other guitars - they sound like themselves. Which is fine with me, as I'm not tempted to cop anyone else's licks :-D I play a wide variety of music and try to use a palette of different sounds, to have instruments of this quality in my collection makes me feel very lucky indeed.

I do have to admit that aside from the Custom 24, the other 3 PRSi are second-hand - but they are in such good condition that it is a credit to PRS for using such durable materials. I had an EBMM Van Halen guitar that was a lovely shade of purple, which soon degraded to an ugly grey, but these guitars don't seem to have faded at all.

Welcome to the forum, that's a great backstory! I believe Anderton's in Gilford generally stock a fair amount of PRS, we well as World Guitars in Gloucestershire, tho I am unsure of the great distances you may have to travel to reach them.

Start some threads for pics of your guitars, we love that!

Thanks! Anderton's isn't too far, about ~40 miles but not too close either. I'm in Buckinghamshire.

Good to know that they stock PRS though - next time I'm in that part of the world I'll find an excuse to pop in :)

Hello, I’m new here!

I’m a longtime player, kind of old I guess, spent quite a few years playing full time (nobody would know me - I was always the anonymous guitar player in fancy restaurants, hotels, events of various types, etc.).

I did have a PRS back around 1990 for a few years. I don’t even remember why I sold it. Just trying lots of different guitars at the time, I guess.

Anyway, I recently picked up a used McCarty and am really enjoying it! I’m sort of semi-retired from playing but still enjoying playing occasionally.

Anyway,looking forward to lots of good reading here!

BLK

@mateias I too live in the UK and a big PRS fan - such great guitars!! Finding them isn't too bad - If you don't mind buying online.

Sound Affects Premier https://www.soundaffects.com/ in Ormsby is a big PRS dealer and where I bought 3 of my collection. I bought my latest from Coda Music https://www.coda-music.com/ and GuitarGuitar https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/ is another big seller in the UK. Peach Guitars https://www.peachguitars.com/ have quite a few PRS - some nice tops too. My first came from Andertons and all of these have more PRS than World Guitars but still an option if you can't find something elsewhere but I find they tend to have the same as others but just a smaller stock padded out with Guitars they have already sold.

Both GuitarGuitar and Sound Affects have the most used PRS guitars if you are not looking for New with Sound Affects having the most Private Stock if you want something a bit more Special.

Hi all!

I'm new to the forums and am acquiring a 1986 PRS from my father soon! Excited to be a part of a family! Additionally, I'll probably need some help identifying what kind of PRS it is since it was heavily modded from the previous owner!

Hi all!

I'm new to the forums and am acquiring a 1986 PRS from my father soon! Excited to be a part of a family! Additionally, I'll probably need some help identifying what kind of PRS it is since it was heavily modded from the previous owner!

Welcome to the forum! Nice guitar!

Hi there!
This is Josh from Barcelona.
I play two PRS S2 Miras and looking forward to a PRS S2 Standard / Custom :)

Cheers!

hello everyone! Long time lurker here. Been meaning to add a PRS to my stable for over a decade but havent pulled the trigger yet.

Been drooling lately over DGTs and 594s. Ill decide on something soon eventually!

Back