Introduce yourself!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Guitargonish, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Rich Misener

Rich Misener New Member

Hi, I am new here. My name is rich and I live just South of Boston.

2. veinbuster

veinbuster Freeze zone

Welcome to the forum Rich.

Rich Misener likes this.
  3. toothace

toothace We've got, you know, armadillos in our trousers.

Welcome to the Enablers's Club!

Rich Misener likes this.
  4. DougUSMC

DougUSMC Perpetual Practicer

Welcome! Where is that? I'm originally from West Roxbury.

5. Black Plaid

Black Plaid just another Alan

Welcome on!

If you want to dispense with the watermark, use a site like Imgur.com instead of photo bucket!

6. cvballa008

cvballa008 New Member

My name is James,
    I currently live in northern japan working for my job teaching others how to work on planes and provide assistance to our customers. I have been playing guitar for about 16 years now off and on and finally found a PRS that I absolutely loved and just couldn't let go. I have an Ibanez Acoustic, a Jackson soloist, a Sterling Music Man Axis, a Lee Malia edition Epiphone LP and a PRS Custom 24. it had always been a dream since I was 16 years old and had enough money in my pocket to buy a Line 6 amp and Jackson, to own a PRS. I played a lot of guitars and chose the Jackson for its price point and not really understanding guitars at the time. I was focused on metal and heavy riffs. Fast forward a few guitars and many years later I saw THE guitar of my dreams. its a PRS Custom 24 Blue Crab Smokeburst and I knew I had to have it. I have a lot of parts coming for it, mainly cosmetic, that I think would compliment it and make this amazing well built guitar "mine". I look forward to many posts and many discussions as I familiarize myself with the community and the language of PRS.

[​IMG]

#2406 cvballa008, Jun 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  7. Alnus Rubra

Alnus Rubra Loving nature’s wonders

Welcome James

8. cvballa008

cvballa008 New Member

9. Alnus Rubra

Very nice guitar. Some might say “bangin”

10. cvballa008

cvballa008 New Member

thank you! I cant wait till I put my mods on it. might look terrible, might look private stock-ish. we will see :D

11. Klale0819

Klale0819 New Member

I’m new to the forum. I’m a fairly new/late guitar player. I have only been playing for about 5-6 years. I play for worship services and as a hobby mostly. I was introduced to the guitar by my younger brother who is an outstanding musician and can play any instrument you place in front of him. I have watched him grow up play guitar in his bands, at weddings and funerals…and every time I was in awe of him and his instrument. I have always wanted to play guitar but never thought I was talented enough to even try. But then my life hit a rough patch and at 42 I bought my first guitar an Epiphone Sheraton to get my mind off things. I have been playing and buy guitars ever since. It’s not like it sounds, I don’t have an insane number of guitars. I just have 6 (The Sheraton, PRS SE Santana, American Standard Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard (frustrating Gibson story), SRV Strat and my latest purchase the PRS 594). It's funny……my brother moved to NYC and whenever he comes to visit and has to perform, he just stops at my house (he calls the music store) and picks up some gear. He says he loves the selection……..lol.

As you might expect I was introduced to PRS guitars by who else…My brother. He has an old PRS Custom 24. Beautiful guitar, but I just never liked the sound of a PRS. It sounded almost to clean and bright to me…... But then my brother kept ranting and raving about the 594 and how he really wants one. So, I started researching the 594 to see what all the fuss is about. I started reading the forum trying to decide what kind of 594 I would buy if I were to purchase one (what kind of body, neck, Fretboard……do I drop the cash for artist package, private stock wood library, Heck, what’s the difference????) The forum was very helpful in answering all those questions. Then I watched almost every 594 YouTube video there was….(ahhh.......Tone Woods are real) to see if I would like the tone for the music I like to play (love Blues/Blues Rock and contemporary worship music). Then it happened….. I heard a demo of a 594 with an Ebony fretboard and loved what I heard and then placed an order with Sweetwater. I was told it would take 4 months to get the guitar I requested…...For some strange reason, I ordered a 594 with a rosewood fretboard. I don’t know why I did that when I liked the guitar with the ebony fretboard. Anyway…….. about 2 weeks into the wait I went the Sweetwater site and they had this sitting for sale.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I got it yesterday. Mahogany body and neck with a beautiful ebony fretboard. This guitar sounds amazing.......I was completely blown away. I even like the little blemish on the top (looks like it was supposed to be a 10 top but was downgraded when they sanded out the grain).....I don't even care.... to me its the most beautiful, best playing and best sounding guitar on the planet........I'm just speechless.

I think I'll start saving up and buy my brother one.......Every person who plays guitar should have a 594!

#2411 Klale0819, Jun 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    Ryan Murphy and bodia like this.
  12. CandidPicker

CandidPicker Feed & Seed

That, good sir, is a thing of beauty, and any person who owns PRS guitars might easily say exactly what you've said regards the guitar...welcome to the forum! :)

13. Ryan Murphy

Ryan Murphy Stares at bright lights

Beautiful guitar. Your going to enjoy the hell out of it, and yeah i wish i had a 594 myself some times. As well as 20 other different guitars PRS makes xD

14. Klale0819

Klale0819 New Member

Thank you!

15. Klale0819

Klale0819 New Member

Thanks!

16. Brenzy

Brenzy https://soundcloud.com/brenzy

Hey everyone... PRS owner for about 6 months (after wanting one after watching the movie 'Airheads' in 1994) and back in love with guitar after a 17 year hiatus (my digital music career in DJ'ing / Production)...

Into my punk/rock/metal with influences like Avenged, Machine Head, Metallica, Cradle of Filth, Faith No More etc as well as all digital dance music being a turntablist and DVS DJ.

I still can't wipe the smile off my face every time I think about its PRS perfection...

Black Plaid likes this.
  17. Alnus Rubra

Welcome Brenzy

18. cvballa008

cvballa008 New Member

19. Black Plaid

Black Plaid just another Alan

Welcome to the forum, you should probably starting thinking about what your second one will be soon! ;-)

Mozzi likes this.
  20. Brenzy

Brenzy https://soundcloud.com/brenzy

#2420 Brenzy, Jun 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
    Black Plaid and Alnus Rubra like this.