Introduce yourself!

Been lurking for a month or two but figure I should introduce myself, sorta officially.

MD born and grew up on the western side but also lived in Annapolis and QA's county (just like PRS) for a few years. Now I'm living in N. GA in an awesome mountain home, and working from home as a software/database developer/engineer/architect/data whisperer. Old as dirt, in my early 50's.

I've been trying to play guitar since the mid-80's (1st guitar was an ovation electric with a floyd, ugh), but being in the Navy for 6 years was a major hindrance, and I just never put in the time - sold that guitar around '93. Then around 2002 I decided to try again, and went through a few guitars, and actually made some progress, but my 1st wife always complained and I never got too far. Lived in AZ until 2011 when I had enough and we got divorced and I moved to Montgomery County, MD for a few years and got to the point I could play a few simple solo's. Then I met the woman that would become my 2nd wife (she's from QA's county). The first 5 years we were together left little time for guitar but a few months ago I got back into it, learned those solo's I used to know and started learning a bunch of new things (like Zeppelin's Whole Lotta Love solo). Doing really well and picking up new songs pretty quickly now. Well, quickly for me ;)

I've of course known about PRS for quite some time but always figured there was no way I'd pay more than $2k for a guitar. My current stable includes a MIK LP copy "Agile AL-3200 wide", very heavy with solid body mahogany, maple cap and ebony board with locking tuners - added by me. It's actually a pretty sweet axe. I also have an Ibanez prestige S (shelled out $1800 for in 2013, my most expensive one and current favorite) and an American Std Strat, which I can't stand. Since I actually feel like I'm progressing well I started looking at the PRS' website and reading all through the forum. Then, as mentioned in the "dream about guitars" post, I visited Righteous Guitars on the north end of Atlanta. OMG I was blown away, first, it was the best guitar store I've ever seen. Spotless and well organized with VERY high walls full of guitars. Did I mention how high the walls are? Something like 400 PRS' and some other brands not worth mentioning :D. Not a finger printed guitar in the store, staff dote on them like I dote on mine (well, except the Strat, I don't mind carrying it out in the heat on the deck). First time I've ever held a PRS and, as we all know, that's all it took. I do have high end taste and it was quickly apparent that they just might be worth the price tag. :rolleyes: I've seen a few at GC's over the years but just passed them by, what an idiot I was.

Now trying to decide which will be my first, thinking CU 24 or 594 - but that could change, lol. Definitely trading the Strat in, unless someone here is interested? :p

Very much enjoying the forum here and I promise not to start any new QA threads :eek:. With my software background, I fully hate all things QA.

New to the forum and relatively new to PRS stuff. I'm an IT MGR at the Hoover Dam. Just moved here from Dayton, OH with my wonderful wife. We're getting our new house built as we speak and are looking forward to settling into our later years and retirement in about 10. My guitar playing is like my golf game, I'm a weekend hack. I started both in 1982 at 16 years old. Since then I've progressed through a few guitars and club sets. I own 1 PRS guitar and amp. I bought a Tremonti SE and the matching MT15 head last year and love them both. I'm a big fan of Mark's tone and actually can get really close with that setup and a few pedals. I also own a 1994 Jackson American Dinky, a 1981 Ovation Balladeer and some Ibanez I picked up on a whim. The Ibby is good for drop tuning. I also own a small 1987 Marshall Lead 12 (great practice amp) and a couple of Crates. The wife promised me a guitar/play room in the new house and she's sticking to it. So I'm here and ready to talk.

HI all,

Another new member here, of both the forum and PRS. Originally from the south of England, and for twenty years now living in the smouldering south that is Tennessee! My amazing wife bought me a '98 Custom 24 for my birthday earlier this year and it's rapidly become my joint favourite guitar, alongside my LP Standard.

I recently decided I'd like to add an SG to my small collection and managed to find a few locally to look at, but yesterday a PRS Mira popped up in the local buy/sell group on Facebook. I went to look at it and, although needing a good cleaning and new strings, it felt great so it came home with me! It's a white and gold '08, which from reading here was a limited run, and after some TLC I absolutely love it! I guess I've really been bitten by the PRS bug now...

Love the vibe of this forum, and the wealth of info available.

Welcome from another David/Dave I'm only a couple of miles from TN here in GA.

Thanks for the welcome! Knoxville is hot enough for me without going further south :) I do occasionally run down to Norcross; there's a little shop there that sells all the British food I miss!

It's cooler here (near Blue Ridge, GA) than MD (my home state) or Knoxville :p British food, hmm, no so much. But we have a part-timer in my subdivision that's also a Brit, so he could probably make you something to eat.

Hello folks. I don’t have a PRS at the moment, but I’m in the market for one. My current guitars are a 93 studio lite Les Paul, a 2016 MIA Standard Strat and a 2018 Player Strat.

Back in the late 90’s early 2000’s a really wanted a PRS, but didn’t have the money since I was a poor college student. Anyway, I’ll have to look in the SE range unless I can find a killer deal on an American made PRS on the used market.

Hope to learn a lot about PRS guitars since I’m not very familiar with them, I’ve just always likes the looks of them. Thanks for having me!

Hello folks. I don’t have a PRS at the moment, but I’m in the market for one. My current guitars are a 93 studio lite Les Paul, a 2016 MIA Standard Strat and a 2018 Player Strat.

Back in the late 90’s early 2000’s a really wanted a PRS, but didn’t have the money since I was a poor college student. Anyway, I’ll have to look in the SE range unless I can find a killer deal on an American made PRS on the used market.

Hope to learn a lot about PRS guitars since I’m not very familiar with them, I’ve just always likes the looks of them. Thanks for having me!

Welcome to the forum, an SE model is a very good gateway drug into the PRS family.

Brand new to guitars, or any musical instrument for that matter. Gonna teach myself something new. Lets see how this goes.
Bought online as I have no idea how to evaluate a guitar if I held one in a store... and that would just be embarrassing at this stage demanding something so nice without a clue on how it works.

New 2019 Sliver Sky w/ a little Fender 57 champ...
My fingers don’t work...lol

Brand new to guitars, or any musical instrument for that matter. Gonna teach myself something new. Lets see how this goes.
Bought online as I have no idea how to evaluate a guitar if I held one in a store... and that would just be embarrassing at this stage demanding something so nice without a clue on how it works.

My fingers don’t work...lol

Welcome to the forum. SS and a Champ...nice entry!

Starting with a setup like that, you are going to be spoiled. Don't be surprised at some point when you get pretty decent, start looking for a "real" strat and wonder why they are all so bad. ;)

Also, welcome to the forum!

Back