Introduce yourself!

Hello all. I used to spend a lot of time on the old B&M forum and I've owned a 1988 CE and a 1993 Custom 22. I don't have them anymore but I'm getting the itch for a PRS again. I play in a cover band, a church band and a celtic rock band. My main guitars are a Suhr Pro Series, a Gibson 335, a Gibson Les Paul, a Nash tele and a Rickenbacker 620. And a Variax and an old Strat. And some acoustics...And a bass...

Anyway, I need to research the current models and figure out what I'm going to sell to fund my PRS purchase.

I look forward to chatting with you all.

Chris

Hello all,

Today I purchased my first PRS, a custom 24 10 top faded blue.

I own a few other brands but I must say the build quality is phenomenal on this axe! I will put up pictures soon.

I would like to say hello to everyone in this forum. I own a 2001 McCarty Standard all mahogany with stock McCarty pickups , a 2016 S2 Standard 24 Satin that I upgraded the pickups to a Dean DMT Michael Schenker Lights Out neck and Seymour Duncan Dave Mustaine Thrash Factor bridge pickup and a 2018 SE 245 Tobacco Burst that will soon receive a PRS \Metal/ bridge pickup..

Hello,

My name is PeterZats. I have around guitars all my life. Seen and heard all sorts of interesting guitars. My top 3 are PRS, Suhr, and Gibson. But PRS really stood in design, and sound. I currently own a PRS SE Spalted Maple with Tortoise Shell Binding, PRS CE Whale Blue, and currently on layaway PRS Custom 50 Head Amp. These are my prized possessions besides my wife and kid. They sound amazing and feel great in hand. They are both double cut, just the way I like them.

I would like to say hello to everyone in this forum. I own a 2001 McCarty Standard all mahogany with stock McCarty pickups , a 2016 S2 Standard 24 Satin that I upgraded the pickups to a Dean DMT Michael Schenker Lights Out neck and Seymour Duncan Dave Mustaine Thrash Factor bridge pickup and a 2018 SE 245 Tobacco Burst that will soon receive a PRS \Metal/ bridge pickup..

Hello,

My name is PeterZats. I have around guitars all my life. Seen and heard all sorts of interesting guitars. My top 3 are PRS, Suhr, and Gibson. But PRS really stood in design, and sound. I currently own a PRS SE Spalted Maple with Tortoise Shell Binding, PRS CE Whale Blue, and currently on layaway PRS Custom 50 Head Amp. These are my prized possessions besides my wife and kid. They sound amazing and feel great in hand. They are both double cut, just the way I like them.

Welcome Wicked_Tone and PeterZats!

Hi all

So, PRS...
I was channel surfing in 2001 or 2 and came across a music video where a dude was standing in water up to his waist playing electric guitar. I was like 11 or 12 and I was excited to see this idiot get electrocuted. Electric guitar+water=Do not change the channel!

Turns out that it was Mark Tremonti of CREED and it was the music video for My Sacrifice.

I remember thinking what's up with this big Rock N Roll dude having birds on his guitar? What a sissy! (I was 12, ok?) And thinking geez that's a nice looking guitar! I want three of those.

Y'all remember the early Tremonti models? The name at the 12th fret? The tribal? The silver one with a US flag behind the tremolo?

Really long story made as short as possible, I play because of Mark. And I play PRS SE because I'm a poor blue collar boy and can't afford a core model.

I've played them all and I'm here to tell you that the greatest guitars you can think of can't even dream of holding a candle to PRS. And I'll debate anybody, any time, any place until they surrender and agree with that fact.

Current rig:
Dunlop 1.4 Ultex Sharp
Nickel Steel 9-42
2018 SE Tremonti (of course) Custom
USA Paul Reed Smith Mark Tremonti signature pickups

Board:
DigiTech DropTune
BOSS TU2
Crybaby 95Q
MXR Distortion+
MXR M234 analog chorus

PRS MT15
Crate VTX65 1X12 combo gutted and converted into an 8ohm cab

Gear I need:
Paul Smith autograph on my guitar and amp
Mark's autograph on my guitar and amp
2x12 Celestion V30 cab
1x15 whatever speaker Mark has in his custom 2x15 Boogie cabs

Good reverb
Very mild slap back delay
Boost
MXR ZW44 Wylde O/D
MXR 10 band

Uberschall
Diezel Herbert
Triple Rectifier
JCM 800 2203 Zakk Wylde
1959 Super Lead Plexi

Tremonti Concept in flat black with all blood red hardware

Tremonti USA hard tail in green with quilted maple artist grade top

Private Stock McCarty SC 594
Remember the dragon 2000? I want a Bald Eagle and star inlays
Custom neck carve
\m/ bridge pup
P.A.F. style neck pup
24 frets
Autographed by Paul Smith and Paul Miles (Myles? Spell check?)

McCarty DC594 green with 85/15s quilted maple artist grade top
Custom neck carve
24 frets

McCarty Graveyard II

Would love to find a signed Tremonti Tribal

Want all guitars signed by Paul Smith. From now on, I won't buy a new guitar unless it's autographed by Paul.

That is a partial list* of stuff

I am the worst GASer ever. Except the part where I have no money and therefore don't actually acquire much

Thank Goodness for an amazing job that I am able to go on a shopping spree! Just waiting on the PRS Custom 50 Head. Currently own 2 PRS (SE, CE).
Getting my mancave/music room almost done!

I played a USA Tremonti on Sunday, nearly bought it. That bridge pickup is a monster!

GC won't let me touch it until I can prove I have the money to buy one.

I says how do I know I want to but it is you wont let me try it?

Hi. My new -and first- PRS is an SE Custom 24 in Tobacco Burst. It joins a Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson LPJ, MIA Fender Strat, MIM Fender Strat, and Epiphone Les Paul Custom. (Since I'm a lefty, I suffer from "have to buy to try" syndrome.) The first several weeks I had the PRS, none of the other guitars saw action. Now I bounce back and forth between the MIA Strat and the PRS. Every time I get to thinking that the Strat feels like "home", the PRS beckons. It is a pleasure to play.
It's a good problem to have.
Oh, and if Paul & Co. ever want to add more lefty models to the SE lineup... I'll not stand in opposition.

Hi. My new -and first- PRS is an SE Custom 24 in Tobacco Burst. It joins a Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson LPJ, MIA Fender Strat, MIM Fender Strat, and Epiphone Les Paul Custom. (Since I'm a lefty, I suffer from "have to buy to try" syndrome.) The first several weeks I had the PRS, none of the other guitars saw action. Now I bounce back and forth between the MIA Strat and the PRS. Every time I get to thinking that the Strat feels like "home", the PRS beckons. It is a pleasure to play.
It's a good problem to have.
Oh, and if Paul & Co. ever want to add more lefty models to the SE lineup... I'll not stand in opposition.

PRS rules

Back