I Wish They Made A SE....

sergiodeblanc

...a twelve string.

I’d really love a twelve string, but I’m not about to drop serious coin on a once-in-awhile guitar. I think the SE line is at its best when they make “off the beaten path” stuff like the baritone or 7-string guitars.

What SE do you wish PRS would get made?

...a twelve string.

I’d really love a twelve string, but I’m not about to drop serious coin on a once-in-awhile guitar. I think the SE line is at its best when they make “off the beaten path” stuff like the baritone or 7-string guitars.

What SE do you wish PRS would get made?
I’m with ya on the 12 string!

335 style, but as much a copy as the 594 singlecut is a les paul copy. Which is to say, improved. However, they're made so much differently, more like an acoustic than the PRS electrics, I would think the investment in tooling would be through the roof.

I love the idea of a 12 string SE. I'd also like to see an SE Hollowbody...understanding, of course, it'd be on the pricier side of the SE line.

Going really crazy, though....I'd cough up the cash immediately if they somehow, someway made an SE double-neck.

I don't know what I would want as an SE version. Having seen the Harley Benton CST-24, a Hollowbody may not be out of the equation - although I don't know if a Piezo would be possible but maybe some Coil Split option could be. A 12 String Hollowbody maybe feasible too - not that the thought of tuning and string changing make it a guitar I would be looking to add until I absolutely need one.

I have said it before and no doubt will say it again, I don't know the feasibility of a 594 or Silver Sky SE version makes sense. There are a LOT of Les Paul and Strat models in that price bracket (and less with Epiphone and Squire) which will be competing with the SE. Its different at the high-end market but there is a lot of options at the most likely price point and under. You could possibly buy US made Strats and Gibson's for the price of an imported SE - at least with the models available right now are PRS and PRS signatures models. If they make the Silver Sky much more a 'JM signature' then maybe an SE version would work but the 594 maybe a bit more tricky. They could do limited runs, 300 semi hollow 594 or 300 special wood topped version. Its also quite close to the 245 models too which maybe another reason it hasn't or won't happened.

Check out the cheap Taylor 12 string. Shockingly good for the coin. One of my underwriters has one and loves it! It was like $599!

Back