I Wish They Made A SE....

Just simply put a tune-o-matic-type of bridge into current SE 245 and this would make this guitar a 'perfect vintage style SE'. This change won't cost much to the production as many competitors in the same price point, or even cheaper like Epiphone, are offering this kind of bridge as standard. PRS should seriously consider this. It should boost the sell.

I own many core PRS with stoptail bridges but once I tried the 594 unplugged, I definitely felt the difference; the 2 piece-tune-o bridge transfers much better string vibration and sustain to the body of the guitar than PRS stoptail design.

Last edited:
I wish they made this 245. Wait they do but it's in Indonesia!

22161929-prs-se-exotic-245-ebony

I love the idea of a 12 string SE. I'd also like to see an SE Hollowbody...understanding, of course, it'd be on the pricier side of the SE line.

Going really crazy, though....I'd cough up the cash immediately if they somehow, someway made an SE double-neck.
What my suggestion was gonna' be! Ala Jimmy Page!

Just simply put a tune-o-matic-type of bridge into current SE 245 and this would make this guitar a 'perfect vintage style SE'. This change won't cost much to the production as many competitors in the same price point, or even cheaper like Epiphone, are offering this kind of bridge as standard. PRS should seriously consider this. It should boost the sell.

I own many core PRS with stoptail bridges but once I tried the 594 unplugged, I definitely felt the difference; the 2 piece-tune-o bridge transfers much better string vibration and sustain to the body of the guitar than PRS stoptail design.
I wonder why though. It is the extra mass? Maybe the brass saddles change the tone over the aluminum wrap around.

an S2 hollowbody without a fancy top or back,nor piezo, with satin neck would sell like hotcakes

the colour doesn't matter, satin all over would be just ace

an S2 hollowbody without a fancy top or back,nor piezo, with satin neck would sell like hotcakes

the colour doesn't matter, satin all over would be just ace
It would probably have to be a laminate to keep the cost down.

I wonder why though. It is the extra mass? Maybe the brass saddles change the tone over the aluminum wrap around.

PRS-2-piece-bridge-explained-moopanuwat_com-1024x576.jpg

From the explanatory picture I made above, the tune-o, 2 piece style bridge creates one thing PRS 1 piece Stopail doesn't; a string break angle at saddles (the yellow line in the picture). This angle acts like a tent anchor that pulls strings compression to guitar body - something PRS Stoptail doesn't.

This simple design philosophy efficiently transfers more strings energy (red arrows) to the body and improves sustain and tone - something Gibson has been recognized for, for decades.

It doesn't need those fancy brass saddles for SE line, just the same tune-o bridge that many compettitors are using in their Korean/Indonesian/Chinese-made, simple.

IMHO, especially in nowadays' market competition, there's no reason PRS should avoid adding this tune-o style bridge to SE 245, let alone locking tuners...

Last edited:
PRS-2-piece-bridge-explained-moopanuwat_com-1024x576.jpg

From the explanatory picture I made above, the tune-o, 2 piece style bridge creates one thing PRS 1 piece Stopail doesn't; a string break angle at saddles (the yellow line in the picture). This angle acts like a tent anchor that pulls strings compression to guitar body - something PRS Stoptail doesn't.

This simple design philosophy efficiently transfers more strings energy (red arrows) to the body and improves sustain and tone - something Gibson has been recognized for, for decades.

It doesn't need those fancy brass saddles for SE line, just the same tune-o bridge that many compettitors are using in their Korean/Indonesian/Chinese-made, simple.

IMHO, especially in nowadays' market competition, there's no reason PRS should avoid adding this tune-o style bridge to SE 245, let alone locking tuners...
If you look back at the earliest solid body Gibson electrics, they did not have the two piece bridge. I think an argument can be made either way, stoptail or two piece. That’s a discussion that could go on forever. We hear what we hear. Paul’s guitar was designed originally by, and for a guy named Paul who I think may know a little more than I do. I stop at they sound different. Better is subjective.

If you look back at the earliest solid body Gibson electrics, they did not have the two piece bridge. I think an argument can be made either way, stoptail or two piece. That’s a discussion that could go on forever. We hear what we hear. Paul’s guitar was designed originally by, and for a guy named Paul who I think may know a little more than I do. I stop at they sound different. Better is subjective.

Potato, Tomato!;)

Tonewoods, nitrocellulose! Tee hee!

I already know that earlier Gibsons were made the way you told. But they mostly offer 2 piece nowadays as well as PRS's top-model MC 594 which I think this kinda bridge means something seriously. I didn't argue about tone but better energy transfer. And if the 1 piece bridge is final solution, then why changed?

Apart from the physics above, I think this change would help the SE 245 to look and sells better. But for how tonal change would be? I have no idea either.

The piezo would have to suck (harder :p ) in order to make the price point, I would think.

An SE 594 would be dope! They should just go ahead and put that scale length on everything.
Doing that usually moves you to the front of the line

Back