I want a Black Beauty 594

Ovibos

Naughty Wood Librarian
Always loved the look of LP Custom Black Beauties.

There’s something about black&gold that just works.

I think an SE or S2 with gold pickup covers and gold or hybrid hardware would be smokin’!

Seems moderately easy to get most of the way there with an S2 594. The gold pickups is the issue unless you go aftermarket.

Always loved the look of LP Custom Black Beauties.

There’s something about black&gold that just works.

I think an SE or S2 with gold pickup covers and gold or hybrid hardware would be smokin’!

Seems moderately easy to get most of the way there with an S2 594. The gold pickups is the issue unless you go aftermarket.
I’d hit that

I would say not all ebony board is the same. Some of it is very streaky or light in color. I always assumed it would be darker than rosewood.
But a blacked out 594 can be had. Just need to install your own gold hardware. I currently don't like that all 594 come with the same ivory tuners. Kills the vibe if you want that murdered look. I wish they released more options in the accessory store.

Magical…

MW79YBi.jpg

To be a proper Black Beauty, the guitar would need an all-mahogany body, no maple cap.

It'd balance out the tone a little better with the ebony fretboard if built that way, too (just my opinion).

On the other hand, you'd need the cream plastic body binding, the pick guard, and all the other Gibson effluvia, so might as well just get the Gibson version; they're still making overpriced reissues of them.

Another thing i wish we could opt for on black 594. That binding! Same with the mark Holcomb. I don’t get the binding

Back