I want a Black Beauty 594

I think about Jimmy Page’s stolen custom and the pickup mods that show up in later photos. Seems PRS is probably hitting most of whatever those options were. If they’re doing strats, why not something like Page’s?

of course I am an unabashed fan since I was a kid so that is probably what’s motivating this….

I think about Jimmy Page’s stolen custom and the pickup mods that show up in later photos. Seems PRS is probably hitting most of whatever those options were. If they’re doing strats, why not something like Page’s?

of course I am an unabashed fan since I was a kid so that is probably what’s motivating this….
I mean, they already have a McCarty model.

A nod to Jimmy Page would be an even more hilarious "screw you" to Gibson.

Of all the beautiful PRS guitars I’ve seen on line, the top of my lust list is a simple 594 SC Soapy with a black satin finish.

To be a proper Black Beauty, the guitar would need an all-mahogany body, no maple cap.

It'd balance out the tone a little better with the ebony fretboard if built that way, too (just my opinion).

On the other hand, you'd need the cream plastic body binding, the pick guard, and all the other Gibson effluvia, so might as well just get the Gibson version; they're still making overpriced reissues of them.
Truth!

Not to hijack the thread, but you don’t see much out of phase options with PRS. Probably only viable in the two volume control models, but I wonder how that would sound.

Back