I need clarity!

Charlie

Hi, can some confirm if the below list of different PRS offerings based upon cost from high to low is accurate?

Private Stock
Artist, Wood Library, 10 Top
Artist, Wood Library
Artist, 10 Top
Artist
Wood Library, 10 Top
Wood Library
Core, 10 Top
Core
Bolt On
S2
SE

Thank you.

As far as I know "Artist" refers to Artist grade tops, so they would be mutually exclusive from 10-tops.

So it would be like:

PS
WL with Artist top
WL with 10-top
WL
Core with Artist top (if these even exist)
Core 10-top
Core
CE
S2
SE

I personally don't recall seeing any modern PRS Artist tops that weren't also WL so I'm not sure if they Artist tops exist purely on their own nowadays.

Is there even an Artist 10 top? My Artist pack guitars don't have a number on the headstock. They are considered to be above a 10 top. They don't use the Artist designation anymore to my knowledge. I would agree with the order that @opnoob listed.

My Quilted special is an Artist 10 top
They have been all over the board with their designations. My SC-58 has a very strong top on it. It looks like it is an Artist grade top. I can't remember if it has a 10 on the headstock. I will have to pull it out to see. I saw one for sale that said SC-58 Artist. I thought all of the SC-58 guitars were Artists. However, the hang tag on the one I saw for sale actually said Artist on the tag. It is interesting yours has Artist and 10 top...

My other artist ( HBII ) does not have the 10 , it's prettier ..I don't really care as long as it has the paisley case
0305720-4_5000x.jpg

Back