HUH a new SE DGT just announced on Youtube

Just contacted my sweetwater rep to put me on a pre-order list as soon as it is available. Will be my first SE...

I’ve got a Goldtop with moons on the list from my favorite dealer :):):):)

I pre-ordered the Tobacco Sunburst. Hooked on those birds now.

I preordered from Sweetwater this past Friday afternoon.
I pre-ordered from my Sweetwater engineer dude Tyler yesterday.

Ended up changing from gold top with moons to the Tobacco Sunburst with birds. Wouldn't be able to afford a core DGT for a good long while so I'm going SE this time. Needless to say, if it sounds half as good with my fat fingers into my Axe FX III MkIi Turbo and FM9 Turbo, I'll be happy!

If it doesn't have a brass tone block I'll be ordering either the tone block or a whole MannMade tremolo bridge to install!

Never had my hands on a DGT!
I hear they're awesome!

Last edited:
I pre-ordered from my Sweetwater engineer dude Tyler yesterday.

Ended up changing from gold top with moons to the Tobacco Sunburst with birds. Wouldn't be able to afford a core DGT for a good long while so I'm going SE this time. Needless to say, if it sounds half as good with my fat fingers into my Axe FX III MkIi Turbo and FM9 Turbo, I'll be happy!

If it doesn't have a brass tone block I'll be ordering either the tone block or a whole MannMade tremolo bridge to install!

Never had my hands on a DGT!
I hear they're awesome!
Yes they are!! I love my core so much , I hardly play it. I ordered mine from Ye Olde Music the day it was annouced

So STILL no demo of DG playing one??? Oh right, somebody said likely tomorrow...???

Interesting that the article alludes to different frets being used.

I’ll be thankful to David if it means future SE’s won’t be as “Nerf’ed” as they have intentionally been. Dude has consistently been able to push Paul.

Now if someone else can just get them to use the “Core” trem on SE’s like they do with the “Core” stoptails.

Nothing against the SEs, I owned one for awhile. Solid guitar. But I've never liked the "generic" top carve and the unrecessed knobs... in an instant, they make the guitar look "cheaper". Now... I'm not sure that a Core carve and recessed knobs is worth an extra 4K, lol, but I will say I bought Core (finally) DGT about 8 months ago, and even at it's steep price, I have no regrets. I waited for many years for an SE DGT, but I am glad when I finally bought the guitar I lusted after for so long, I got the Core model. Even got the color I really wanted (yellow tiger).

BTW my SE was a Singlecut that I dropped DGT pickups into. o_O

Back