HUH a new SE DGT just announced on Youtube

Good thing I'm more into single coils these days!

The SE DGT looks and sounds delicious.

But I'm loving my two SE Silver Skys.

One's set up with a floating trem, the other lowers the pitch only.
I LOVE single coils. And I love the SS’s because they are comfy to play. Otherwise it would have already been on the chopping block a couple of weeks ago. Only because I’m on a quest for a Core DGT. Unless something drastic happens I’m on target for this time next year. So it seems counter intuitive to buy the SE. I might still move the SS for one of these to hold me over until for the next year. Or at least I think that until I grab the SE SS and fall in love with it all over again. So I get what you’re saying 100%.

So today I walk into the local music store and go to the PRS display (x4 SE’s - 2 Silver Sky, an SE245 and CU24) looking for the SE DGT, to at least try one.

I go to walk out and a guy behind the counter asks if everything is ok. I stop, because I’m polite like that. I ask him if they’re expecting an SE DGT’s in. He replies:

“What’s that”

I tell him, the new guitar from PRS.

He still seems none the wiser. He asks me if I work for PRS, because I’m wearing my PRS jacket that @bodia kindly sent me (he’s such a dude).

So I went all medieval on the shops guys @ss.

Dunno, sounds like the guitar store dude needs at the very least a mere flesh wound for not being up on his product knowledge. I would have probably said, why yes, yes I do work for PRS and I’m gonna need you to know your sh!t or I’ll repo all of your PRSi the next time I’m here…now get your a$$ back there and get to studying numb nuts. But hey, that’s just me.:p

P.S. those Doc’s look perfectly worn in. That’s what I’m talkin’ about.

So today I walk into the local music store and go to the PRS display (x4 SE’s - 2 Silver Sky, an SE245 and CU24) looking for the SE DGT, to at least try one.

I go to walk out and a guy behind the counter asks if everything is ok. I stop, because I’m polite like that. I ask him if they’re expecting an SE DGT’s in. He replies:

“What’s that”

I tell him, the new guitar from PRS.

He still seems none the wiser. He asks me if I work for PRS, because I’m wearing my PRS jacket that @bodia kindly sent me (he’s such a dude).

So I went all medieval on the shops guys @ss.

I have one of these :)

Actual luthier here, can't tell you how many thousand I've worked on. Ok at the price point. Other than that, well, mostly they are essentially Corts shaped like a PRS. We can agree to disagree on the rest.

Maybe they'll step it up on these, we'll see.

Curious what fret wire these will get, whether it will be the real jumbo like on the core dgt, or the smaller import standard wire. Tiny fret wire is another thing I dislike on imports.

I don't agree at all, although my experience is only with the SE Singlecut and Silver Sky.

My SE's are beautifully made.

The pickups in my SE Singlecuts were the only weakness but once I changed them to Duncans and did a little set up work they became totally professional guitars

My Ever Green SE Silver Sky needed nothing, although I adjusted the action, intonation and pickup height to my own taste.

A professional guitar right from the get go.

Last edited:

Thanks. The truth be told, I got Mrs AR to take the pic as my daughter (18) still plays Minecraft. But it seemed appropriate.

I LOVE single coils. And I love the SS’s because they are comfy to play. Otherwise it would have already been on the chopping block a couple of weeks ago. Only because I’m on a quest for a Core DGT. Unless something drastic happens I’m on target for this time next year. So it seems counter intuitive to buy the SE. I might still move the SS for one of these to hold me over until for the next year. Or at least I think that until I grab the SE SS and fall in love with it all over again. So I get what you’re saying 100%.

You’ve got an SE245 that you could use as trade-in :eek:

Dunno, sounds like the guitar store dude needs at the very least a mere flesh wound for not being up on his product knowledge. I would have probably said, why yes, yes I do work for PRS and I’m gonna need you to know your sh!t or I’ll repo all of your PRSi the next time I’m here…now get your a$$ back there and get to studying numb nuts. But hey, that’s just me.:p

P.S. those Doc’s look perfectly worn in. That’s what I’m talkin’ about.

I was tempted for about a nanosecond to say “yes” just to watch the blood drain from the Shop Dudes face.

I don’t think they’re a PRS dealer and in his defence they do send all the good stuff to the Glasgow shop first.

The likelihood of one appearing at a Dundee shop is fairly slim.

I don't agree at all, although my experience is only with the SE Singlecut and Silver Sky.

My SE's are beautifully made.

The pickups in my SE Singlecuts were the only weakness but once I changed them to Duncans and did a little set up work they became totally professional guitars

My Ever Green SE Silver Sky needed nothing, although I adjusted the action, intonation and pickup height to my own taste.

A professional guitar right from the get go.

Not saying none are, just that I've found them inconsistent. And I don't like small frets. SE Santana for instance has frets that are .042 to start with, if you have to level them, fahgettaboutit. Waiting to see if the DGT has actual jumbo frets.

Haven't read the whole thread so my apologies if this has been posted already.

Of course this is the USA DGT not the SE DGT. but I thought it was pretty cool!

Last edited:
Back