HUH a new SE DGT just announced on Youtube

It’s bit more than that to me - trem, bigger frets, trem, neck carve, pickups - it all adds up. For my money, it’s very much a “whole is greater than the sum of its parts” guitar. Change one aspect and I don’t know if it works as well. YMMV.

For you DGT guy’s/ gals is a DGT a three knob McCarty for the most part or not even close? Thanks
Really a different guitar with of course McCarty roots…..imho. Jumbo Frets, slightly narrower nut and neck width and unique neck shape with no binding, really unique sounding pickups, different wiring and electronics for partial (?) coil splits and the brass trem, which has its own influence on the tone.. (Would love a stoptail version)
David Grissom helped Paul in the design of the original McCarty and the DGT is Grissom’s ideal specs for him.
Hopefully, the SE specs will be very similar. I have confidence that they will, hence I ordered a Goldtop. My core model (which is only a year old) gets tons of use and I need to give it a rest sometimes:oops:
i do miss my old 90’s McCarty sometimes though…….but that was over 20 years ago….. get over it Rod!

Last edited:
Second video came out pretty quick. Nice looking guitar..except for those knobs. I'd like to see the tobacco sunburst, though

Video is gone! Wow. I think this SE DGT is going to be really nice.
I owned a Core Silver Sky for years, then sold it once the SE's came out (was also venturing down the Fender CS rabbit hole at the time) and bought an SE Silver Sky to replace it... which I honestly grab just as often as any high level guitar I own. To me, it's sonically in the same arena as the Core Silver Sky. There's maybe that extra 10-20% niceness and playability that a core has, but the SE is right there. I'm thinking/hoping the SE DGT will be the same.

Also Who saw that McCarty TB Sunburst? I think I'm going for that over the gold top.

Video is gone! Wow. I think this SE DGT is going to be really nice.
I owned a Core Silver Sky for years, then sold it once the SE's came out (was also venturing down the Fender CS rabbit hole at the time) and bought an SE Silver Sky to replace it... which I honestly grab just as often as any high level guitar I own. To me, it's sonically in the same arena as the Core Silver Sky. There's maybe that extra 10-20% niceness and playability that a core has, but the SE is right there. I'm thinking/hoping the SE DGT will be the same.

Also Who saw that McCarty TB Sunburst? I think I'm going for that over the gold top.
Havent seen it but it will come with Birds. Tobacco Sunburst.

Back