HUH a new SE DGT just announced on Youtube

My abilities and budget mean that although I’d love a core or S2 PRS, the chances of me getting one anytime soon are rather slim. So this announcement has me very excited, I’ve only recently joined the PRS club with a SE Hollow Body II which I’m truly over the moon with, but my love for PRS guitars goes back years, I have one of their brochure consisting of 12 separate 14x7” mini posters that I sent off for in the post, I’m thinking it’s mid to late 90’s.

Anyway the idea of a SE DGT would just seem to sit perfectly with where I am musically at the moment.

I get the feeling some of you might have a little more knowledge than is out there or be able to speculate with some degree of experience. So what’s the likely situation with the pickups, utilising something from the existing ’S’ range or a new development?

Seeing as it’s an Artist model, I’m pretty sure that David will have had significant involvement in its development.

As he says in the video, he would not be happy to put his name on something that one of his friends might buy.

The pickups on the SE Silver Sky are a far east homage to the 635JM (I believe), so you would like to think that they will be similar to the DGT pickups.

Last edited:
Interesting a SE version of the DGT was just announced.
Well, to me, the most notable thing to be regarding this video ... Was the car Mr. Higginbotham was driving to work :)

I have had the pleasure of driving a 1991 MR2 Turbo for the last 31 years, and I'm still in love with her ... Was not aware that Toyota had redesigned the "GR-86" or whatever ...But the Subaru motor ? (An Legacy GT pilot since '98 for the bad weather days , "Baby" does not want to go out and play) I'm thinking they could do better , like the 300 HP version in the WRX STi ...Oh well That what pickup swaps
are for ... :cool:

I'm thinkin the Gibson (Nissan Z) maybe has an advantage ... heavier metal ...

Last edited:
My SE Paul’s Pickups are fantastic. So good I was going to put in a set of fishman fluence I have sitting around. Well they’re still sitting around. So I’m betting they’re using some awesome DGT”S” pickups. And yeah the SE SS pickups are really good too.

And I’m torn if it’s true the gold tops will have moons and other colors birds. I do think birds will happen. One of computer screen shots show birds on a DGT body. I made sure and counted knob holes. But a gold top with birds would be my preference. I need more opaque guitars in my life and I love gold tops. Don’t have one yet. So this would be a good one. I get the moons are cool too. And afaik would be the first time an SE had moons?

But I just love birds. Maybe one of the other colors will win me over. Can’t wait to see what colors they’ve chosen.

My SE Paul’s Pickups are fantastic. So good I was going to put in a set of fishman fluence I have sitting around. Well they’re still sitting around. So I’m betting they’re using some awesome DGT”S” pickups. And yeah the SE SS pickups are really good too.

And I’m torn if it’s true the gold tops will have moons and other colors birds. I do think birds will happen. One of computer screen shots show birds on a DGT body. I made sure and counted knob holes. But a gold top with birds would be my preference. I need more opaque guitars in my life and I love gold tops. Don’t have one yet. So this would be a good one. I get the moons are cool too. And afaik would be the first time an SE had moons?

But I just love birds. Maybe one of the other colors will win me over. Can’t wait to see what colors they’ve chosen.
Moons on SE have happened before. I had an SE EG back in ought eight with them. I'm sure there are others.

I wish they'd let me place my pre order now...I'll wait patiently after that I swear.

Seeing as it’s an Artist model, I’m pretty sure that David will have had significant involvement in its development.

As he says in the video, he would not be happy to put his name on something that one of his friends might buy.

The pickups on the SE Silver Sky are a far east homage to the 635JM (I believe), so you would like to think that they will be similar to the DGT pickups.
I hope so, although I really didn’t care for the pickups that came with ‘22 Santana SE. I changed them out for a pair of used 245’s and now that guitar sounds just great.
I really think/hope that the PRS/Cort factory will build new pickups for this model

Last edited:
Back