Have you guys seen the Reclaimed CE and Semi Hollow Vela?

Got the call today, the vela is on the way and should arrive Saturday! This run of reclaimed turned out great, can't wait to get my hands on this and take some more pics. Hope the starla pickup can do the brootz lol

IMG_2859_zpsqidfekxx.png

Quite a bit of character. If wood could talk.

Hope the starla pickup can do the brootz lol
You say this jokingly but I've got a Mesa Mini Rectifier and the Starla pickups slay through it. They wouldn't really work for tight, precise progressive type metal, but would kill for sludgier type metal. Hell, Brent Hinds from Mastodon has an older Core Starla he uses.

Another Vela just popped on Reverb. Somebody please grab it... my bank account needs a breather...:rolleyes:

Wow, did it sell already? In 12 minutes?
Wow, that was fast.... I check Reverb about 4 times a day to see if a Vela pops up. From what I am seeing, if you are seriously contemplating one, you have to jump on it fast. The Vela's seem to be moving faster than the CE's , but you have to move decisively in either case if you want one...

Also posted in the unofficial thread...not sure if that is a no no but....in case anyone was interested...

Mine arrived yesterday. Very nice top with a good bit of subtle character lines and some greenish areas to the wood on the bottom.
Without posting a sound clip I will try and give a bit of a tone description:
Plugged into a fender 57 tweed deluxe reissue at low vol and a mesa express on the blues channel with very little gain simultaneously through a splitter. This is not exactly crystal clear but fairly clean. I have a core Starla, so had some idea what the bridge might sound like but never heard one of these neck pups: The guitar is very resonant and I love the weight. Light and very comfortable hanging off my neck, like an old pair of jeans. Comparing it to my other two semi-hollows: has a nice woodiness to it like my ES-339 but obviously those pickups are very different. A little more similarity to my PRS HBII in resonance but I dare say this one is more resonant. the wood and the minimal lacquer finish contribute outstandingly here. I prefer the neck as well, as I love minimally finished or unfinished necks. No stickiness here. the guitar sustains for days.
Neck pup-beautiful three dimensional tone, a bit strat like but warmer with more oomph, not chimey. legato runs, yes sir and can really growl, or should I say pur. Adding a healthy amount of gain with a Wampler pinnacle and wow. I am going to down tune it a half step and try some Texas blues on the neck this weekend for reference.
Bridge pup-very nice articulation, bright enough but does not get spikey. I preferred it with the tone around 6-7. I played some gained up Joe B. for reference and it can hit that tone but with a different sort of character. It seems to get into typical bridge humbucker territory better than my Starla bridge. A little less Gretchy..which I really liked. Like the Starla, you might say it is it's own thing, but a bit more familiar.
The middle position will take some more time for me. not really a 2-4 position tone, but its own thing. More tele-like I think but I am not a Country picker.
Build quality is top notch, as you would expect. It has a rootsy feel with the reclaimed wood and minimal lacquer finish, which I believe also adds to the resonance of this guitar. This is now the 6th USA PRS I currently have in my collection and easily holds its own among them. Something about the mojo I love. makes me want to sit in the lake house by a fire and rip on some slow blues...but that's just me.
I hope this was at least mildly interesting or helpful. I would be interested to hear from some others who have received theirs.

Deep - great write-up! My CE comes tomorrow...I hope to check back in with my thoughts and some pictures sometime this weekend.

Suggestion for PRS: Reclaimed Limited SE ONE!!!

Please Boogie don't go there........ not another One. I haven't got any more room ( and cash:eek::eek::eek:)

Another new guy here. First post other then my introduction. I've been reading up on the forum for a month or so because I've been in the market for a semi-hollow body. Currently I am only an acoustic player, old blues mainly (Robert Johnson, Mance Lipscome, Lonnie Johnson, etc) and pretty much looking to get into more electric blues and classic rock type stuff. So after doing a lot of research I pretty much decided on a S2 Mira semi-hollow... then started seeing the buzz around these reclaimed limiteds a week or two ago and did some research on them and really like the vids I was seeing on the Vela. The Ce24 is really nice and I would enjoy it but my gut says the Vela's got the blues.

So I spent the last week sending out emails and calling the usual suspects with no luck sourcing one. Seems like a large percentage are already reserved and the Vela doubly so. This morning, after talking to two other dealers who also had all their allocated ones reserved, I found a RL CE24 at CMC guitars here in NJ. So I figured I'd just grab tha one while it was available since it seems like they will all be gone from everywhere soon. They are a 2 hour drive for me but I figured I'd just get them to send it to me. Ordered it on their website, it went through so I thought it was good. About 2 hours later, got a call from the owner at CMC apologizing that the guitar was already sold last night... arrrggghhhh!

So we started talking and he said they couldn't get any more but he had one of the RL Vela's that just came in that morning and they were just getting ready to put it on the website. I couldn't believe it. I said, "Are you kidding me? That's the one I really wanted. Just send me that one!" So everything worked out. I didn't even think to ask for pics so no idea what it looks like but that's ok. NGD will be really special because I think whatever it looks like, it was fated to come to me. ;)

So first PRS and my only electric will be here Monday according to UPS.
I'll post pics when it gets here.
-Jim

Another new guy here. First post other then my introduction. I've been reading up on the forum for a month or so because I've been in the market for a semi-hollow body. Currently I am only an acoustic player, old blues mainly (Robert Johnson, Mance Lipscome, Lonnie Johnson, etc) and pretty much looking to get into more electric blues and classic rock type stuff. So after doing a lot of research I pretty much decided on a S2 Mira semi-hollow... then started seeing the buzz around these reclaimed limiteds a week or two ago and did some research on them and really like the vids I was seeing on the Vela. The Ce24 is really nice and I would enjoy it but my gut says the Vela's got the blues.

So I spent the last week sending out emails and calling the usual suspects with no luck sourcing one. Seems like a large percentage are already reserved and the Vela doubly so. This morning, after talking to two other dealers who also had all their allocated ones reserved, I found a RL CE24 at CMC guitars here in NJ. So I figured I'd just grab tha one while it was available since it seems like they will all be gone from everywhere soon. They are a 2 hour drive for me but I figured I'd just get them to send it to me. Ordered it on their website, it went through so I thought it was good. About 2 hours later, got a call from the owner at CMC apologizing that the guitar was already sold last night... arrrggghhhh!

So we started talking and he said they couldn't get any more but he had one of the RL Vela's that just came in that morning and they were just getting ready to put it on the website. I couldn't believe it. I said, "Are you kidding me? That's the one I really wanted. Just send me that one!" So everything worked out. I didn't even think to ask for pics so no idea what it looks like but that's ok. NGD will be really special because I think whatever it looks like, it was fated to come to me. ;)

-Jim

I love when the stars align!

-Jim
Awesome!

-Jim

Congrats - I love when stuff comes together like that.

I think you'll be happy with the Vela. It's got a really cool vibe. And those blues guys are some names we don't hear much!

-Jim
Congrats on your Vela!

-Jim
Great story

Back