Have you guys seen the Reclaimed CE and Semi Hollow Vela?

Another new guy here, really liking this thread and all the guitars.On 3/9th I received an email from prs about the reclaimed wood guitars,so at 9:30 am I called my rep from sweetwater and left him a message an hour or so later he called me back. So I asked him about the guitars and much to my surprise he didn't have a clue what I was talking about. So he asked me to give him a few minutes while he checks his computer to see if there was any info on them,and sure enough there they were. He told me they ordered 30 guitars and they were due in mid to late May so I asked him to reserve on for me..
I asked him if I could pick mine and he said he wasn't sure because they were going to be assigned by serial # on a first come first served basis but since I was the first person to call he might be able to work something out.
Well on 3/24th he called to tell me some have arrived and mine was there but he was going to get photos of what he had and I might be able to pick one out. Now I was hoping for something with a nice bookmatched top with an exotic wood grain pattern.
Well he sent me photos of 3 guitars,two of them were kind of plain looking but nice and the other I couldn't really tell because I only got one picture of the upper horn with the strap button and the rest were of the back. So I told him that I would pass and wait for the next batch because these were to plain looking for guitars with exotic Brazilian woods.
So now he calls me back telling me he was confused because one of the guitars has a very elaborate top with beautiful color variations but it was on the lighter side of the wood grain pallet which was quite different
He decided to resend me the photos of this guitar,and sure enough he was right and wouldn't you know this was the serial # that was assigned to my purchase order, this thing
Is a natural masterpiece,bookmatched and created by Mother Nature. I told my guy to send that bad boy home in a nice prs paisley artist series case.......!!!!
Well I've had it since Wednesday the 29th.
This guitar is a dream , excellent craftsmanship, playability,tone,and feel, PRS perfection thru and thru......!!!!!!!
Now,I know that photos are required so as soon as I can figure out how to get them on here I'll make it happen and I sure would appreciate you opinions as well...
My apologies for making this so long a post...

237785-front-large.jpg

237785-angle-large.jpg

I figure it out here it is, I have a number of high end guitars as well as standard models and I'm not one to name my guitars but if I had to name this one I would name it the Picasso...
Please let me know what you think, I'm anxious to see what everyone thinks...... thanks

237785-front-large.jpg

237785-angle-large.jpg

I figure it out here it is, I have a number of high end guitars as well as standard models and I'm not one to name my guitars but if I had to name this one I would name it the Picasso...
Please let me know what you think, I'm anxious to see what everyone thinks...... thanks

Looks like a running dragon/dog to me .... turn it sideways.

237785-front-large.jpg

237785-angle-large.jpg

I would call it the Stain. This is what reclaimed are about. All different. You also love it, so, great combination!

17504562_1273842669368371_6642613157476520059_o.jpg

Very nice Pedro.M, I love those dark streaks. Mine only has a little of that in very thin streaks but it is beautiful in its own way too.

Every one of these guys is different and some wildly so, I really like seeing all these beautiful wood patterns. PRS really hit one out of the park with these and whomever made the call to not price them out of the ballpark of normal players has my gratitude :)
-Jim

237785-front-large.jpg

237785-angle-large.jpg

Happy ending to that story! Great looking top! Congrats!

Just wanted to send out some appreciation to all on the comments and opinions on my initial post and pictures of my guitar.Im blown away by all these incredibly beautiful guitars. And to Tucson Thump,good eye on the dragon call, It took me awhile to see it but I got it finally it kinda looks like its got some flames shooting out. Never would've seen that...!!
I'll be looking out for more guitar pics...

Back