Vela Semi Hollow Tone

AZGiant

I have seen this discussed a lot in the forums, but did want to ask the question a different way.

I have a solid Vela and looking at a semi hollow. As I listen to them online, comparing them both, they sound pretty darn equal. Maybe a little more full with the semi hollow (IMO), but did want to ask what others think

Have several PRS and want to add the right one, if that is possible, to the group, but again the tone of the solid body to semi hollow sounded so damn close maybe I should look at something else.

Thanks

AZGiant

I have seen this discussed a lot in the forums, but did want to ask the question a different way.

I have a solid Vela and looking at a semi hollow. As I listen to them online, comparing them both, they sound pretty darn equal. Maybe a little more full with the semi hollow (IMO), but did want to ask what others think

Have several PRS and want to add the right one, if that is possible, to the group, but again the tone of the solid body to semi hollow sounded so damn close maybe I should look at something else.

Thanks

AZGiant

I've owned both, and indeed, they are more similar than they are different. I'd give the Semi-Hollow a slight edge in chime and warmth, the solid body has more twang and bite. But, with a bit of amp tweaking they can pretty much cover the same territory.

I did a video:

Back