Hans' Winter NAMM 2014 Blog

]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

Zombie Zero, DFZ
Greetings from Anaheim, Forum Brothers!

We're all settled in for a grand time at the Winter NAMM show. As I lay here in the back of the truck we rented (the roll-away cot wasn't very inviting), I feel a sense of youth and adventure. Yes, I really am sleeping in the truck. It's not the 1st time. I doubt it will be the last. Its actually quite roomy. I got some sheets from the front desk and robbed some pillows from Mark and Steve so I'm pretty comfy. AND I won't have to listen to Markie snore! :)

Please bare with me as I attempt to post photos directly from my iPhone. For some reason I am not seeing the usual options. The photos might be too large. We'll see how this goes and I'll fix things that post weird when I have the time.

I landed an hour before Markie and PfennRock so I ran over to the In-n-Out burger, wolfed down a double with a strawberry shake (which should earn me some good ribbing from Shawn) and ran back to get the boys at LAX with a bag-o-burgers/fries in tow.

9EDB6737-8C59-4E10-9597-92300BF59B89_zpskcvl1xzj.jpg

After that we made a B-line for Wild West Guitars. DFD was in full-effect. While the only guitars purchased today were PRS (NGD's forthcoming), there were many cool guitars and amps to drool over.

A3F94978-819D-435A-8C47-7750B5B71A10_zpst53kwsu4.jpg

Shortly after posting that image to FaceBook, the Moss-Man had this little gem to offer. Look close.

7A3969F0-585A-48AD-BF99-EC674329FB2E_zpsx1cxrcnp.jpg

This PS had one of the best tops I've ever seen. The photos after that are of a couple Collection guitars.

F39C9AAB-AE15-4063-811F-C5FBDDF4B67C_zpsficll2bc.jpg

F28C726B-0CF7-4B89-A063-D2F973117D14_zpsywedhv41.jpg

C15DEB89-E465-4CD0-B1F4-986EC4A5DDC6_zpschspvmcc.jpg

As I was poking around in one of the many storage rooms, reading labels on cases, I stumbled upon one of my dream guitars.

6C43B2CC-7E6E-418C-8FFE-1CE80AEAE6EF_zps7hoytvco.jpg

There are a lot of nice upgrades to the Anaheim convention center since I was here last.

9BE40CF5-CB62-4A7A-B860-DCAAC100D802_zpsl5vwpide.jpg

Anyway... we pigged out at an Italian joint called Louigi's and walked around for a bit before turning in. Tomorrow is a big day and we're all pretty excited. More tomorrow.

0567BB1A-1F4E-445C-A178-A3965FD5A671_zpsd0x9jgg1.jpg

NNRRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!! Should have got my act together and gone!

Moar pitchers plz! :cheers:

Some nice pictures there. Innout is always a plus about California. I remember that private stock well. The top has a very wild look to it. Have a good time!

Stick that Double Dragon in your luggage and bring it back for me please. :adore:

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;125564 said:
Greetings from Anaheim, Forum Brothers!

I landed an hour before Markie and PfennRock so I ran over to the In-n-Out burger, wolfed down a double with a strawberry shake (which should earn me some good ribbing from Shawn) and ran back to get the boys at LAX with a bag-o-burgers/fries in tow.

9EDB6737-8C59-4E10-9597-92300BF59B89_zpskcvl1xzj.jpg

It looks like you're having fun! Did you get some "Tough Mudder Sauce" for those fries? :biggrin:

We finally got an In-N-Out Burger in DFW - I tried it months after they opened - at first you could barely get in, lines of cars to get into the place. I personally do not see the draw - just a regular old fast food burger, nothing special about them at all.

Looking forward to more guitar and NGD pics - thanks for posting/blogging!

It's 6:37am here in Anaheim. Just looked out the motel room window. Hans is either still asleep in the truck, or dead, or kidnapped. I have to admit that Markie and I got the giggles as we were listening and visualizing the sights and sounds in the parking lot and imaging Hands attempting some shut eye under those conditions. Did I mention that it was 50 F last evening? The dude is a Boy Scout, for sure.

It looks like you're having fun! Did you get some "Tough Mudder Sauce" for those fries? :biggrin:

I thought the "Tough Mudder" sauce was simply the taste of your tears as you run a Tough Mudder after eating In-N-Out? :p

Last edited:
Sounds like a great time. Love the pic outside the convention center. Looking forward to more pics. :top:

Back