Got my SE DGT! Couple questions…

Top of the page, on the right, click on your name, go to Account Details.
Same page where you choose an avatar.
Doesn't seem to work that way. I can choose a new photo or write a signature. But nothing about a change of status from new member.

Last edited:
Doesn't see to work that way. I can choose a new photo or write a signature. But nothing about a change of status from new member.

Click on your name, then Account Details. There's a line called Custom Title. That's what you want.

Or maybe that's only given to the inner circle...

200w.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_n4h2uiQGOQ1smcbm7o1_400.gif

I wonder how much of a difference in feel they are to the medium jumbos. All I have on my guitars is the medium jumbo’s. Interested in the DGT, but also the new SE 594. I have some nice PRS guitars, and it seems I play my SE 245 the most. Was not happy with the neck profile at first, but it has grown on me. Maybe I should steer towards the 594. Nothing to play locally though.

I wonder how much of a difference in feel they are to the medium jumbos. All I have on my guitars is the medium jumbo’s. Interested in the DGT, but also the new SE 594. I have some nice PRS guitars, and it seems I play my SE 245 the most. Was not happy with the neck profile at first, but it has grown on me. Maybe I should steer towards the 594. Nothing to play locally though.
The DGT 6100 frets are taller and one of the unique features of the guitar. They are wider than 6105 frets which are popular.
Some people love them, others do not.
If you play blues and like to bend notes they are awesome.

I am a big fan.

Thanks. Hopefully, maybe one day I will be able to give them a chance. As I mentioned, nothing locally to play at the moment.

To answer some questions from above, yes the frets are jumbo and I love them. They’re significantly taller than the core and SE models I’ve played that belonged to buddies of mine.

By way of an update, I got my SE DGT repaired for free by PRS in Maryland. I shipped it to them and it took 2 weeks. I still love the guitar but the service at PRS was honestly quite disappointing. Look — I’m an easy going guy, a PRS fan-boy, even, but when you send a guitar back for repairs because it left the freaking factory incomplete (signaling some pretty serious QC issues) you don’t expect to get the instrument back poorly packed (barely any padding in the box) with only the missing ground wire installed. Hell, my guitar tech will clean your fretboard, do a quick setup, adjust the neck and change strings if you just walk in his door to chat about the latest sports match or whatever.

I don’t know what I expected, exactly, but I didn’t expect to get it back otherwise untouched and with corroded strings from the journey. I’m a business owner, so—to my mind—here’s an opportunity to turn a sour situation into a positive outcome but, instead, they chose the bare minimum.

All would have been forgiven for my troubles with this guitar had I simply received it back safely padded, with a nice smelling fretboard and a fresh sets of 10’s.

This was a poor performance, PRS. They sent me an incomplete guitar and then had an opportunity to make it right but just shrugged their shoulders and said, “meh.”

Again — as a biz owner, I know that sometimes you gotta crack a few eggs to make an omelet. But when you find yourself being one of the cracked eggs, you expect a little more than the bare minimum when it comes to making things right.

I’m annoyed.

To answer some questions from above, yes the frets are jumbo and I love them. They’re significantly taller than the core and SE models I’ve played that belonged to buddies of mine.

By way of an update, I got my SE DGT repaired for free by PRS in Maryland. I shipped it to them and it took 2 weeks. I still love the guitar but the service at PRS was honestly quite disappointing. Look — I’m an easy going guy, a PRS fan-boy, even, but when you send a guitar back for repairs because it left the freaking factory incomplete (signaling some pretty serious QC issues) you don’t expect to get the instrument back poorly packed (barely any padding in the box) with only the missing ground wire installed. Hell, my guitar tech will clean your fretboard, do a quick setup, adjust the neck and change strings if you just walk in his door to chat about the latest sports match or whatever.

I don’t know what I expected, exactly, but I didn’t expect to get it back otherwise untouched and with corroded strings from the journey. I’m a business owner, so—to my mind—here’s an opportunity to turn a sour situation into a positive outcome but, instead, they chose the bare minimum.

All would have been forgiven for my troubles with this guitar had I simply received it back safely padded, with a nice smelling fretboard and a fresh sets of 10’s.

This was a poor performance, PRS. They sent me an incomplete guitar and then had an opportunity to make it right but just shrugged their shoulders and said, “meh.”

Again — as a biz owner, I know that sometimes you gotta crack a few eggs to make an omelet. But when you find yourself being one of the cracked eggs, you expect a little more than the bare minimum when it comes to making things right.

I’m annoyed.
I think I'd be aware that they didn't go the extra mile, but I don't know that I'd be annoyed.

You sent it with used strings and it was returned with the same used strings.

It's not like PRS agreed to clean the fingerboard, do a set up, adjust the neck and change the strings.

That was an assumption on your part.

All they agreed to do was fix the ground wire issue and they did.

Yeah, it would have been nice if they had gone that extra mile but that's all it would have been: nice.

Last edited:
I think I'd be aware that they didn't go the extra mile, but I don't know that I'd be annoyed.

You sent it with used strings and it was returned with the same used strings.

It's not like PRS agreed to clean the fingerboard, do a set up, adjust the neck and change the strings.

That was an assumption on your part.

All they agreed to do was fix the ground wire issue and they did.

Yeah, it would have been nice if they had gone that extra mile but that's all it would been: nice.

I fully anticipated a response like this. My man… you’re not the one who purchased a new guitar in a highly anticipated fashion only to receive an incomplete model and then have to pack it up and ship it off for 2-3 weeks.

What I should have said was that I had suspended my legitimate annoyance until the job was complete and had they gone above and beyond (as most business owners do in such situations) then I could have avoided feeling that original annoyance, at all, and let bygones be bygones.

Instead, I’m venting about it online. This is why, as a business, you go above and beyond when you f*ck up.

That’s all that needs to be said here.

It’s still a great guitar but this experience has been sub-mediocre and not to the level of PRS’s legendary standards.

Your interpretation may vary, but that’s mine

Did they pay for shipping?
Changing strings, conditioning the fretboard, doing neck adjustment, and then doing a basic setup takes some time.

Did they pay for shipping?
Changing strings, conditioning the fretboard, doing neck adjustment, and then doing a basic setup takes some time.

Yes. They paid for shipping. I paid full price for a guitar that left the factory incomplete. Them paying for shipping is akin to me getting a gold medal for remembering to breathe today.

Yes. They paid for shipping. I paid full price for a guitar that left the factory incomplete. Them paying for shipping is akin to me getting a gold medal for remembering to breathe today.
As others have said, they addressed the issue at no cost to you.
Really not sure what else they were required to do.

I’m tired of discussing this. Look — it’s a PRS forum. I expect nothing but fanboy behavior. I also love PRS but this was a case of a subpar response to a glaring QC problem. They had a chance to go above and beyond and they didn’t. Say what you want, throw yourself in front of a metaphorical train for PRS, I don’t care. But this chain of events was beneath the excellent standard that PRS typically holds itself to. I’m betting Paul would have busted some heads if he’d heard about. He might’ve said something like, “Goddamn, we sent him an unfinished guitar? At least give him some free strings for god’s sakes.”

Again, you’re all free to throw yourselves in front of a train to defend their honor. But the market doesn’t share your loyalty and neither do I.

Cheers

Back