Forum Truss Rod Cover

That's gorgeous! Well done. For those who want the word forum on it, I imagine the 'PRS' could be replaced here, right? This design with the word f-hole forum at the bottom?

Goldtop Lloyd

I really like that design as well. What about having "PRS Forum" in place of the current "PRS," but having it quite a bit smaller and changing the font to a "script?"

Black Paisley Truss Rod Cover...

paisleybam.jpg

That paisley is HOTTTTT!!! Gets my vote.

As far as it including the word "forum" on it, I could go either way... I think it looks great as is, and we don't need it to say so for us to know it's a forum thing. But if it does say "forum" on it, it's just a little bit of extra swag for us. Could it say "FORUM" inside the vertical part of the "P" (imagine turning the word 90 degrees CC and putting it in there)? Or would that be too small?

The black paisley one is a great design...but, I think that "PRS text" should be reduced to allow the text to include "Forum"....that is what this is all about. Otherwise, it's just a nice classy TRC....but it would have no direct connection to our little community here. So...I would vote a "conditional yes" to this one, only if the text were changed to "PRS Forum".

I don't understand all the comments that indicate that it doesn't need to say "Forum" on it. Isn't that what prompted this whole project in the first place? And, without the word "forum" included...where is the exclusivity? Where is the implied allegiance to this place? Where is the concept that this TRC can't be obtained by anyone who is NOT a member of the forum.

You get my biases by now, I am sure! :flute:

I agree on everything you said. (and let me add that the design is the best so far, though I miss the symbol of bird circle as a symbol of community)

Wish you had.....imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. As it is....now I feel validated by a similar opinion from a much more highly valued forumite than I! ;)

Man, you crack me up today! The term "forumite" is particularly juicy ;)

Personally, I think the only requirement to make it exclusive to this forum is that you have to be a forum member to get one. That said, I don't mind text on it - either "PRS" or "PRS Forum" or such, I just would want it smaller text. The suggestion that it change to script font, or use the F-hole symbol doesn't appeal to me. The graphic with the paisley background really stands out, changing the text to something fancy as well may make it look a bit too busy. From a design perspective, you want to limit how much is fancy to just those elements needed. And as I said earlier, with no text at all would still appeal to me since the graphic itself is gorgeous and being limited to members of this forum gives it the exclusiveness required.

The paisley thing is awesome.

I think a design unique to the forum is enough, and it doesn't have to say "PRS" or "Forum" on it, which I'd agree leans a little too far to the dweeby side of things.

Personally, I think the only requirement to make it exclusive to this forum is that you have to be a forum member to get one.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to remain somewhat adamant about my position about it saying "Forum" on it. It was the forum that created the concept, the idea and the final execution (I think you will agree that Shawn was acting as a forum member in the OP).

And..there is nothing to prevent a non-forum member from obtaining a forum TRC. Just have someone else buy it for you.

I really like the designs that have been created and put forth. but I really can't understand the thinking behind having a "forum item" that does not reflect the forum itself. You can have anything created as an "homage" to your guitar, the company, etc. But having it say "forum" is analagous to the TRC's you get when you join up and pay your $60 a year. They are not the nicest TRC's in the world...but they all serve to remind you that you are part of the exclusive club that paid $60 for a t-shirt, a TRC and a 10% discount off of some PRS merchandise (plug to join up everybody!).

So...once again... I will cast my vote for a TRC that clearly includes the word "Forum" on it...preferably using the "f" hole for F....an idea that was inspired by our own forum memership.

I love the paisley one but I'm affraid I think it is far too detailed for the CNC machine that does TRC? I could be wrong though!

The paisley thing is awesome.

I think a design unique to the forum is enough, and it doesn't have to say "PRS" or "Forum" on it, which I'd agree leans a little too far to the dweeby side of things.

Les.....seriously.....what do you think is "dweeby" about having the TRC say "forum" on it? I am not following your line of thinking. If it's not too dweeby to be a member of the forum, why would it be dweeby to advertise it to the world? I am PROUD of it.

Anyone who thinks this is a nerdy place or a dweeby place is welcome to hang someplace else. but, I don't see the connection at all. I find this place to be populated by a group whose demographic is above average intelligence, above average musical skills, above average gear....in other words, everyone here is above average in some way!

All I know is that I'm glad I don't have the machinery needed to make TRCs. Otherwise, I'd be butt deep in these things. Some real beauties here.

Lloyd

Les.....seriously.....what do you think is "dweeby" about having the TRC say "forum" on it? I am not following your line of thinking. If it's not too dweeby to be a member of the forum, why would it be dweeby to advertise it to the world? I am PROUD of it.

Anyone who thinks this is a nerdy place or a dweeby place is welcome to hang someplace else. but, I don't see the connection at all. I find this place to be populated by a group whose demographic is above average intelligence, above average musical skills, above average gear....in other words, everyone here is above average in some way!

I'm happy to oblige, but further argument is going to cost you 5 Pounds.

I'm happy to oblige, but further argument is going to cost you 5 Pounds.

Check your paypal account. It is there, along with the coupon for a free Kosher hot dog, a case of "Depends" and an Angelfish Sandwich!

:laugh::laugh:

I hope you know I'm kidding my friend.

I disagree.

:D:D

In all seriousness, I don't think the forum is dweeby. I just think you have the logo, the paisley, and that's enough.

The dweeby part is cluttering up the design. Either have the words, or have the logo.

A Polo golf shirt doesn't have the horsie and the word Polo underneath it. It would be far dweebier if it did.

Back