Forum Truss Rod Cover

Shawn@PRS

yogi
There has been some talk about a PRS Forum TRC. I think a monochromatic, black on black design, made from etched metal would be the ticket(and most affordable way to go).

Anyone care to submitt some design ideas on what you'd like to see?

Personally...I'd be willing to spend a little more, to get a little more.

I'd love an ebony, or IRW TRC with an inlay that is specific to the forum...maybe a modified eagle. Something that sets it apart from the standard TRC's. I would like an inlay that reminds me of the old birds....a nice abalone or equivalent...maybe even a colored inlay like red coral....or green malachite...or blue turquoise. This is not an area where I would want to scrimp. the forum is very important to me, and I'd like a quality TRC to represent it.

I know it's not economically feasible...but to have a choice of different colored inlays would be GREAT.

Is it too unfeasible to select a "2 tier forum TRC"....kinda like a "hi-end model" and an "SE model"...no disrespect to SE's of course!

I'd buy a few dozen!

There has been some talk about a PRS Forum TRC. I think a monochromatic, black on black design, made from etched metal would be the ticket (and most affordable way to go).

Anyone care to submit some design ideas on what you'd like to see?

Sounds fun!

I wouldn't mind something a bit "fancier" with inlay, but I'm down for anything really. Usually I have some creative ideas for something like this, but for some reason I got nothin':dontknow:
Maybe we need a PRS forum logo of some sort?

BTW Shawn, what's a "tuss" rod? Have you guys reinvented and improved something again? Sorry, I had to:beer:

I will buy whatever you come up with Shawn. I would rather not have something super "Blingy" like the original Forum TRCs were. Maybe Jamie Aulson could give you some input for a simple, yet classy inlay. Again, I will buy one regardless.

One screw gets my vote!

I will buy whatever you come up with Shawn. I would rather not have something super "Blingy" like the original Forum TRCs were. Maybe Jamie Aulson could give you some input for a simple, yet classy inlay. Again, I will buy one regardless.

One screw gets my vote!

Agreed... something simple and cool.. I will need a few... :)

One screw gets my vote!

Yes, one screw. And Jamie Aulson. Those two comments are unrelated, BTW. I'm a married man.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;53906 said:
Yes, one screw. And Jamie Aulson. Those two comments are unrelated, BTW. I'm a married man.
How long are you gonna hide behind that facade of the beautiful wife and kid shtick? :rofl:

I already have black etched metal TRC that says "20th" on my main custom 22, and would dig something like that to put on my Mira, so I like the idea of keeping things subtle.

One screw gets my vote!

I agree, and actually, I really love the black on black idea, because the blingy ones clash with what's already on the guitars. The more subtle, the cooler and better!

I'd love to see some folks willing to create some designs. We can have a vote on the one(s) we like best and then move forward from there. The winner would certainly get a free TRC or two.

Thanks guys!

I'd love to see some folks willing to create some designs. We can have a vote on the one(s) we like best and then move forward from there. The winner would certainly get a free TRC or two.

Thanks guys!

My vote for the forum logo design....

Oh wait...I think it was taken already. :laugh:

Carry on.

How long are you gonna hide behind that facade of the beautiful wife and kid shtick? :rofl:
That's very nice of you to say, brother. She'll be flattered to hear it.

Thanks guys!
Cool! Due date?

Back