First PRS, first post

smigarc

Had to share in the place where I think my excitement would be truly understood. Got my first PRS last night-- a charcoal black Vela that I first saw at a local shop a year ago and have been fantasizing about ever since.

First impression: she's light, like, super light. I thought mahogany guitars were supposed to be heavy.

Playability: flawless, although I might end up putting 10s back on. I usually play 11s but they feel really heavy on this neck. Speaking of necks, I love the shape of this one, reminds me of my favorite Godin.

Sound: Being a weeknight, I didn't really get the chance to open up, but I can say that this is a wholly different guitar, unlike my strats, teles, LPs, etc. Going to take some getting used to, but in a good way.

The best part: when my wife saw it she said, "Your first PRS!" clearly implying that it won't be the last.

-David

Congrats and welcome aboard! I really need to try out a Vela (or maybe I shouldn't). It won't likely be your last.

Congrats on the new Vela! They really are unique guitars with some really cool sounds. You'll need to add a 24 fret PRS next ;)

After seeing all the Vela praise here, I'm really wishing I could try one out locally. Congrats on the PRS, the first of many....

Back