First Core model incoming

64 Tele

Found a 2015 Wood Library Custom 24 with 57/08's this week.
Just bought it and picking up next Friday or Sat as I didn't want to ship this time of year. Gonna be a long week. We're supposed to have freezing rain/snow tomorrow (after severe thunderstorms/tornado watch today) or else I'd get after work or in am.
Hope I didn't just ruin myself for my SE' s by doing this.....:rolleyes:

Just bought it and picking up next Friday or Sat as I didn't want to ship this time of year. Gonna be a long week. We're supposed to have freezing rain/snow tomorrow (after severe thunderstorms/tornado watch today) or else I'd get after work or in am.
Oooohhh... that's gonna rock!
Nice choice! How far do you have to go to pick it up?

Congrats. I got my first Core back in March and I love it. But, trust me and other enablers here, you will still want some SEs and of course a new S2.

Store where I found it earlier this week is about 1.5 hours away. Just don't have any days off I can pick up till next week.
If weather wasn't so crappy tomorrow I'd be there to get it.
So, pics will have to wait.
I'd looked at 594's, McCarty's also, but my first prs was an SE Custom 24 and they are just really comfy like a Strat.

That'll be an awesome guitar. I had a 2014 with 57/08s and it was a serious workhorse. Here's to a speedy week!

pvr0lso2hvnh2n8dbdjs.jpg

In person the top looks more like the last pic.
I've been under two tornado warnings in two different states in the last two hours......
Freezing rain/snow in am....plagues and pestilence to follow.

Last edited:
That thing is like Rudolph, hot enough to cut through any storm Mother Nature can dish out.

Well, maybe you should just wait. But SOOO cool, love me a good Blood Orange and the swamp ash and flamed maple are gorgeous. Bet that will scream with the 57/08s! Let us know how she sounds...

Neck binding was dark, not the usual cream/white binding. I hadn't seen any other Core models with dark binding in my search.
I actually prefer the dark binding, only have one guitar ('61 SG Standard RI) with light colored neck binding.

Back