NGD - Nitro 594

Its tough - until you know it’s the right time. And you’ll know.
Yeah, I know. But it’s still hard. We’re on our 4th dog sine 1991. The first the Mrs had to put down while I was out of town for work. I felt, and still, feel bad she had to go through that alone. Our second went in her sleep. This guy is our third, and is 15 going on 16. Our other is 10. It’s hard not to be selfish.

Yeah, I know. But it’s still hard. We’re on our 4th dog sine 1991. The first the Mrs had to put down while I was out of town for work. I felt, and still, feel bad she had to go through that alone. Our second went in her sleep. This guy is our third, and is 15 going on 16. Our other is 10. It’s hard not to be selfish.

It is. The weeks leading up to putting our dog to sleep were tough - good times, bad times. But when it got to the point that any measures where going to be very temporary, we just knew.

It was inevitable. I've been looking at 594s for the last month, or so. I've sworn off Single Cuts for the time being, even though there were a couple out there that really got my juices flowing. The search was on for a DC. There didn't seem to be a hole lot out there as far as diverse finishes, and new specs. I still was on the fence about buying another guitar. I did just sell 6, so I had room, and cash!

The final straw; the old dog. Super Bowl Sunday, I stayed up to watch the whole game, cuz it was a good one. I turn off the TV, and hit the pillows about 9:30. I made it all the way to 11:54. Our oldest dog is in the throes of CCD (Doggie Dementia). He's awake, pacing back and forth around the three rooms he has access to on the top floor. He finally lays down, and starts barking at nothing. Just a woof every 20 or 30 seconds. I got up and took him to the main floor and sat with him. He finally settled down, some, about 1:30. I can't sleep, so I grab the iPad and thought, f*** it, I'm ordering that 594.

I decided to snatch up this 10 Top Orange Tiger after looking at it again, and again, for better than a week. Wasn't the specific color that drove me over the edge, but the weight. Most of the DC594s I've looked at/owned since they were introduced were in the 7.5 to 8.0 lbs range. This bad boy needs a diet cuz it comes in at 8.5 lbs! I'll add a couple of ounce of weight to it because Phase IIIs and Faux Bone tuner buttons will be here tomorrow!

This thing growls! The top could be a cousin to my Dirty 100

5gLDVdA.jpg

366xDGi.jpg

Xm9L8fH.jpg

4NapMYo.jpg

7oDnGC3.jpg

A little flamey on the neck

XW2mCqH.jpg

PdBkUZj.jpg

And a touch of figure on the back.

1YKSFdX.jpg

Great pick!

Sorry to hear about your pup, thanks for staying up with him!

It was inevitable. I've been looking at 594s for the last month, or so. I've sworn off Single Cuts for the time being, even though there were a couple out there that really got my juices flowing. The search was on for a DC. There didn't seem to be a hole lot out there as far as diverse finishes, and new specs. I still was on the fence about buying another guitar. I did just sell 6, so I had room, and cash!

The final straw; the old dog. Super Bowl Sunday, I stayed up to watch the whole game, cuz it was a good one. I turn off the TV, and hit the pillows about 9:30. I made it all the way to 11:54. Our oldest dog is in the throes of CCD (Doggie Dementia). He's awake, pacing back and forth around the three rooms he has access to on the top floor. He finally lays down, and starts barking at nothing. Just a woof every 20 or 30 seconds. I got up and took him to the main floor and sat with him. He finally settled down, some, about 1:30. I can't sleep, so I grab the iPad and thought, f*** it, I'm ordering that 594.

I decided to snatch up this 10 Top Orange Tiger after looking at it again, and again, for better than a week. Wasn't the specific color that drove me over the edge, but the weight. Most of the DC594s I've looked at/owned since they were introduced were in the 7.5 to 8.0 lbs range. This bad boy needs a diet cuz it comes in at 8.5 lbs! I'll add a couple of ounce of weight to it because Phase IIIs and Faux Bone tuner buttons will be here tomorrow!

This thing growls! The top could be a cousin to my Dirty 100

5gLDVdA.jpg

366xDGi.jpg

Xm9L8fH.jpg

4NapMYo.jpg

7oDnGC3.jpg

A little flamey on the neck

XW2mCqH.jpg

PdBkUZj.jpg

And a touch of figure on the back.

1YKSFdX.jpg
BADASS!!!

Dude, there’s some serious mojo to the TCI version of these pickups. Burn all others and buy these!

I totally agree! I was very skeptical at first. Then I played the 2020 Prototype SC at CME, and bought it immediately. And then bought another SC, also awesome. And then a DC, just as amazing.

This TCI thing is the real deal - not hype or BS Marketing.

More TCI magic incoming... :)

Congratulations on a great guitar, i am sure it sounds a as good as it looks !

Congrats on the new 594!

But, but...you chose the heavier one on purpose?!? :eek::)

Sorry about your eldest pup. I dread the day Manny dog starts succumbing to the inevitable.

It is. The weeks leading up to putting our dog to sleep were tough - good times, bad times. But when it got to the point that any measures where going to be very temporary, we just knew.

Same, I had to make that awful decision for this wee pup, Joey who was only six -

This is Sydney (Captain Greybeard as I call him), soon to be 14.

That's a killer guitar! Glad to hear the TCI thing is more than just marketing.
Give your doggie a hug!

Man that's incredible, congratulations - you're gonna love it long time for sure!

You're killing me while I sit waiting for my damn boat to sell (so I can get a 594) but I'm very happy for you! Very sorry about your dog, been there too many times, it just plain sucks.

Back