EARLY PRIVATE STOCKS

11top

Cousin Eddie's cousin
Let's see some of the early ones. So watcha got below 500? :dontknow:

I'll start with these:

PS #156 BRW neck.

PS #193 Flame Maple neck

PS #360 BRW neck

Eye candy galore! So how did someone go about getting a custom piece before the PS program was created? Was there a pricing standard like there is today or was it on a case-by-case basis?

#234, also built in Y2K...

324519402.jpg

324519405.jpg

324519394.jpg

324519393.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0244.JPG
    DSC_0244.JPG
    226.3 KB · Views: 181
  • DSC_0245.JPG
    DSC_0245.JPG
    227 KB · Views: 181
  • DSC_0247.JPG
    DSC_0247.JPG
    240.9 KB · Views: 193
  • DSC_0248.JPG
    DSC_0248.JPG
    224.3 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
Jamie,

I well remember that day! You & I were sitting in Paul's office and he was considering buying that redwood 'special' that you had. He looked at you and said "well what do you want for it?" and your answer was priceless......"just make me a Private Stock". I almost hit the floor....wish you had warned me about that one ahead of time!! Hard to believe that was 15 years ago. :five:

Well done....both if you!
Jim

Jamie,

I well remember that day! You & I were sitting in Paul's office and he was considering buying that redwood 'special' that you had. He looked at you and said "well what do you want for it?" and your answer was priceless......"just make me a Private Stock". I almost hit the floor....wish you had warned me about that one ahead of time!! Hard to believe that was 15 years ago. :five:

Jim
That is cool.

Markie: I highly recommend locking up #35 next time I'm in Indy.

Nothing to show, but it's certainly a pleasure to gaze upon the early axes of the PS kingdom.

Jamie,

Jim

I remember the armful of prototype pickups you left with!

Let's see some of the early ones. So watcha got below 500? :dontknow:

PS #193 Flame Maple neck

Still one of my favorite guitars ever. I'm loving the earthy tones of these early private stocks.

For the record, this thread rules!! Thanks for sharing your 'vintage' Private Stocks!!

Back