Do You Ever Feel Like You Are "Rescuing" A Guitar?

CantankerousCarl

Occasionally Onery Member
For those potentially like-minded and equally ill GASers such as I, who tend to collect as well as play, do you ever feel like you are personally "rescuing" a guitar when you buy it?

Do you feel sad to see it hanging or lying there all unloved, and know that YOU would love it more and take better care of it than anyone else?

Do you feel sometimes like it's a moral imperative that YOU PERSONALLY rescue that instrument before someone else who is less deserving or, maybe even evil, gets to it first?

When you see someone doing something stupid to or with a really nice guitar, do you feel like you should tell them? Or maybe hit them on the head and TAKE said guitar?

Do you feel bad when you have a guitar on layaway that it somehow knows that maybe, just maybe, you should be trying HARDER to bring it home FASTER?

Once you get it (her) home, do you feel guilty if you don't play her enough?

Do you feel I need medication as much as I suspect I do?

I used to, but I'm hitting the point where some of the few that I have are becoming less loved.

Do you feel sad to see it hanging or lying there all unloved, and know that YOU would love it more and take better care of it than anyone else?

Do you feel sometimes like it's a moral imperative that YOU PERSONALLY rescue that instrument before someone else who is less deserving or, maybe even evil, gets to it first?

Is this what the crazy cat lady thinks!!!! Maybe I should be more understanding!!

This might be the worst photoshop I have ever done (I spent all of 2 minutes on it), but you get the point. This is the sticker you need.

Rescue.jpg

All the time! That's why I'm still restoring my first guitar, even though my new ones are objectively better.

I feel that way every time I see those poor homeless guitars in the PS Friday posts.

Yes.

I have a soft spot for guitorphans.

Sometimes I skip my medication and talk to them. :)

For those potentially like-minded and equally ill GASers such as I, who tend to collect as well as play, do you ever feel like you are personally "rescuing" a guitar when you buy it?

When you see someone doing something stupid to or with a really nice guitar, do you feel like you should tell them? Or maybe hit them on the head and TAKE said guitar?

Do you feel bad when you have a guitar on layaway that it somehow knows that maybe, just maybe, you should be trying HARDER to bring it home FASTER?

Once you get it (her) home, do you feel guilty if you don't play her enough?

I am with you on all of the above, except that there are no meds for this, although I found having my wife close by keeps this in check somewhat.

Also, I would stay away from animal rescue shelters if I were you.

Last edited:
I am with you on all of the above, except that there are no meds for this, although I found having my wife close by keeps this in check somewhat.

Also, I would stay away from animal rescue shelters if I were you.

LMAO just one cat, but that's more his choice than ours.

Back