Design on a Dimebag III: The Revenge of Sergio

The PTC is hiring a new tech and sommelier, perhaps you would be interested?

Sommelier, huh? That means I would be obligated to drink on the job...right? I'll be right over.

Seriously, thanks for the kind words guys! This is still a rattle-can spray job and it's in no way going to be even close to what PRS or the PTC would crank out on their worst day, but it's lookin' pretty good from a couple of feet away. :laugh: I'm kinda impressed with the glitter paint, in the last pics it kinda looks greenish at times but when the sun hits it.. it's like a blinding pot of Leprechaun/Taylor Swift/Glitter-bomb GOLD! It looks sick with the white contrasting back in my opinion.

I heard somewhere that PRS is not doing anymore glitter finishes, I don't know if thats true or not but if it is I can understand why. The paint was more like a can of pressurized glitter with a tiny bit of poly mixed in for bonding than what I would call "paint", it's been over a week and the entire backyard still shimmers in the sun. As soon as the glitter was done I had to hit it with a coat of poly just to keep it from shedding too much, and I'm still waking up with glitter in random places on my person just from handling and sanding this a few days ago. Maybe that's why the Orianthi SE got changed to Scarlet Red... too many wives of the Korean workers were yelling at their husbands for cheating on them with strippers because they were coming home with red glitter all over 'em!

I ordered a bunch of parts off ebay last night, including some clear PRS lampshades (I love those knobs!) and I have a cool truss rod cover coming from one of our coolest forum members in Scotland (Thanks again, Dan!). Even though the pickups I want are under a hundred bucks for the pair, I'm holding off ordering them for as long as I can stand it just to give me an extra week of "forced" drying time. It's gonna be super hard to wait though, and I think I need to get some different swirl remover for the bigger scratches.... but it's gonna be Bangin'.

I started doing a light sand a few days ago since the weather here kinda blows. It's been real cool out and the humidity has dropped considerably, so this has sped up my process in two ways: It's way too cold out for the pool so I'm stuck lookin' at the guitar (which makes me want to mess with it), and it's drying pretty fast (which makes me want to mess with it). I think in the future I'll have to get two projects going at the same time so I can stagger them and distract me from one so the other can dry.:wink:

I didn't use the vibrating sander (thank god) so I did it all by hand.. slowly... and then woke up yesterday and went to go buy some polishing compound so I could get to polishing..by hand... slowly. After a kick-ass night of recording additional vocalists for my album (bangin') until five am, I woke up and bought this:

Which leads us to these:

I killed myself for a few hours yesterday polishing this bastard by hand, so I'm feelin' kinda stupid I didn't just drop a whopping $19.97 on this orbital buffer sooner. I know I gotta let this sit and cure for a few more weeks which is why I haven't started buying too many parts for this yet, I'm hoping that will slow me down for a minute... But I did just open a bottle of Clicquot... and ebay never closes.

Hey Sergio I can't wait to try that one !!!!!
GREAT LOOKING !!!!

Serge, man, I want to run down to Graceland to witness the miracle of Elvis' arm extended from the grave, sporting \m/!! :rock: That is complete bad-a$$ery. Keep up the good work. And take Shawn up on his offer. The cheap beer in Annapolis is better than Old Style.

Wow Sergio!!!!!

That is freaking outstanding! Great great great work...

And come on out to Stevensville...the land of pleasant living.

And take Shawn up on his offer.

And come on out to Stevensville...the land of pleasant living.

I'd get fired in two days for drunken dumpster diving and making bling necklaces out of SAS neck plates... But I'll be there for a week or so before EXP. so maybe I can fail the drug test while I'm there.

Tracking #'s for some goodies I ordered are lookin' good for today.

I'm thinkin' two of these:

They're four conductor so I should be able to get some cool variations. I've never tried this brand before and I'm a little hesitant, but where else am I gonna find lipstick 'buckers?

For the price those certainly are Good F***n S****. Never tried their lipsticks, but their Filtertron-PAF is just astoundingly good. I had one in a LP paired with a Duncan Seth lover in the neck and you'd have never guessed their price difference. I bet their lipstick pickups will be the business - those things were designed to be made cheap anyway right? :rock:

The project is turning out amazingly - love the flake finish!!

For the price those certainly are Good F***n S****. Never tried their lipsticks, but their Filtertron-PAF is just astoundingly good. I had one in a LP paired with a Duncan Seth lover in the neck and you'd have never guessed their price difference. I bet their lipstick pickups will be the business - those things were designed to be made cheap anyway right? :rock:

The project is turning out amazingly - love the flake finish!!

Thanks! Cool to hear good things about GFS pickups, I have never owned any.

I hate my mailman's FACE!!! I got my tuners, some chrome pup rings (don't do plastic) and I got a totally bangin' ME style TRC from one of our most excellent Scottish forum members Dan (Thanks Dan! it's really makin' this look extra nice!), now all I'm waitin' on are a set of those sexy PRS lampshade knobs... They were the first thing I bought, the only thing I paid full price for, and of course they are the last thing to show up! I put the stock SE pickups in just to give 'em a whirl (it has nothing to do with the fact that I blew my lipstick money on another SE) but I doubt they will stay too long, they just don't look "right" on this guitar... Damn! I wish the post had Sunday delivery.

Back