Design on a Dimebag III: The Revenge of Sergio

Are you getting along better with the GFS pups Sergio? I may have an extra set of gold covered McCarty pups that you're welcome to if I can locate them...

That's awesome, buddy. I got to get a trip to Chicago in soon! I'm feelin' a little parched and need to rock the sparkle fleet!

How do those pups sound?

They're different! :redface:

I'm still messing around with finding all the split coil variations until I find the ones that do it for me, but it's a pretty unique sound. Half of the allure of lipsticks is that they are pretty "janky" sounding, meaning they are not real smooth sounding pickups... they are pretty "spikey" in a lot of ways. I'm totally down with the neck pup, but the bridge may need to grow on me for a minute before I fully appreciate it.

The experience of playing the guitar, which even though it's an SE it's still a kind of modern -"shreddy" type of guitar, and then hearing the sound coming out of it is weird... in a good way. The output isn't the hottest (as you would expect) and it kinda gets close to Rickenbacker territory.. there is jangle, there is some chimey-ness, and even a little bit of buzzyness to the bottom end... all the things you would kinda expect... Except it looks and feels like a 24 fret W/T equipped shredder!

I'm still having a great time with it, thanks to everybody for indulging me and for the kind replies.

Back