Design on a Dimebag III: The Revenge of Sergio

That last picture is freaking awesome!

That color is great with clear knobs.

I know! It's actually 90% done, I put the old pups and ivory selector tip on just for fun... until it wasn't fun anymore. The zebra pups and ivory tip piss me off so much I won't even put strings on!

There is something totally kick-a$$ about those black winged tuners contrasting with the gold flake. :rock:

There was something deeply disturbing about this thread and I couldn't quite put my finger on it. Then I worked it out, the photos are all in focus!

Yeah yeah, I know - Bastid!

On the flip side, this is looking awesome Serg, can't wait for the finished product!

Remember those weird winged tuners I got? Well they came with a surplus of wings and thumbscrews, so I couldn't really complain that I was missing one of the compatible thumbscrews for these tuners so I did what I always do... Make it work! (Oh, wait that's Tim Gunn)

I took one of the Schaller metric thumbscrews and put it in this metal lathe to use as a vise:

Threaded this lil' bastard on:

And wound up victorious!!!

I tell ya', one of these days I'll have enough money to just go out and BUY a damn guitar.

Cool!

Also, this is the Sergio photo work we know and love!
IMG_0159_zps09edf9b8.jpg

I wish i had Sergios skills.

Oh my god! You totally already do! These are not professionally done at all, and that's kinda the point of these threads. I've been ruining my guitars since I was 14 years old, each one gets a little better but I'm still a long way off from doing something that looks really nice. Doing these guitars is kinda like living life: Don't be afraid to screw up, 'cause you most certainly will, and remember that it's the trying in life that really matters. You never know what you are capable of unless you try!

Time to start getting in shape for Foosball. :laugh:

I've been drinking all summer... I'm ready!!

Amazing work Sergio! Hard to believe that's the same poor busted wreck of a guitar you started with.

Nice rescue.

Back